Hot Toys 1/6 Icon-M series, Leslie Cheung collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 2010 Leslie was voted the third of the CNN's "top five most iconic musician of all time... right behind Michael Jackson and The Beatles. Leslie is a legend!

RIP

Haven't been here for a while, seems like a lot of nay sayers, not surprising. Someone thinking this will fall flat on its face with an edition size of 3000?

Well, there are 7 million people in Hong Kong, 1.3 billion in China, many people over the age of say 18, know him and even if there is a small % who buys 1/6 figures, it will burn through the lot in no time. This is a risk? Only to those who live under the rock. If anything, this is a sure win, that's why Enterbay is also making one and had already announced their version couple of months ago.

I haven't even touch on the fact that there will be a lot of interest from Taiwan, Australia, Brazil, Canada, US, Singapore. I wonder why?...Oh, perhaps because these countries all have a huge Chinese population!

:goodpost:

Add these to the first post

It goes without saying, that if you need to add that sort of information on the opening post, it only further substantiates the point that the majority of people on this forum have no idea about who Leslie Cheung is (or was). Just like Raymond Ferraro, I only recently heard about him through the Hot Toys announcement (for me, it was on my Facebook page a few days ago). Feel free to call me ignorant in that regard :lol. I'm also kind of skeptical about the CNN report...

But, I'm sure that the figure will sell well amongst fans of Leslie Cheung and whoever else is familiar with his work. It's always a good thing when fans can have something that they'll enjoy and cherish in their collections.

I didn't know who Cheung was either. The HT announcement actually piqued my curiosity enough to google him. Tragic story...

HT doesn't take chances because us collectors have proven we'll only buy superhero and alien stuff!

3k is pretty limited considering there's more collectors in Asian than all of the United States.

3k from HT translates into 10,000. Like with the very limited 3k Scarecrow.

HT doesn't take chances because us collectors have proven we'll only buy superhero and alien stuff!

:lol True it seems. Iron Man, Predator and Joker seem to be the pinnacle of collectible pieces. I wonder what it is about those three guys....?

PD1363253271WA7.jpg

PD13632532696Ot.jpg

HT are a Chinese company and are based there. In fact Asia is the only place where you can buy HT figs officially over the counter before price inflation. Are people really surprised they wanna make a fig of one of Asia's most celebrated stars? REALLY? He was like Michael Jackson over there but did movies as well as music.

OP forgot to mention he was also in John Woo's Once A Thief too with Chow Yun Fat. If HT made a CYF fig most people here would be ok with that.....but only cos they know who he is. Leslie on the other hand never crossed over to the American market.

I just watched rouge the other day on you tube. That doesn't look like Leslie at all.

After looking at those set of pics, the final outfit isn't as good as the proto. Plus, who wears a belt underneath a tux? :duh

The product shot from Sun Newspaper looks quite different from the official photos. Also notice that those official photos never have a direct frontal shot and actual product is not displayed at Toy Hunters ... Wonder why.
Source: The Sun (HK)

1175453_655985811091968_1403314027_n.jpg

Back