Hot Toys 1/6 Icon-M series, Leslie Cheung collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found many of the comments in this thread pretty vile to be honest. Why does it matter if Hot Toys decide to pay tribute to a HK actor who is obviously held in very high esteem? Hot Toys is a Hong Kong company, their target market is overhelmingly HK and China. The 'western' market is tiny for them, and they don't owe you anything. They make toys, if you don't like one that they choose to make, ignore it, get over it, wait until the next one comes out. The brat-like attitude of some people here is mind blowing.

agreed. HT has the right to do a Leslie Cheung figure, it means a lot to the community there. I might be interested in the long hair version if they ever do one.

My message was mainly about the type of things he had to go through in HK leading up to his death. It wasn't part of the western vs Asia argument that went on before, in case someone is reading out of context.

-

Three Thousand doesn't sound small to me. :huh

MJ #45 was limited to 2500, avengers mark vi were 3000pcs and they all sold out in q brink of an eye and are going for $600 ish now.

Granted that those two were more popular glabally, but im pretty sure leslie's got more than 3k of hardcore fans.

Are the two comparable though? Like, this is a niche figure for Westerners, but by the sounds of it Leslie would not be considered niche in HT's home market. Can this really be compared to a license that we would considered niche? And of those, how many would be as cheap to manufacture as this 'guy in a suit'?

Plus there's the licensing issues that I don't know a whole lot about... for example as far as Icon-M series go, I don't know whether a John Wayne figure is plausible regarding use of his likeness - but I can't imagine a John Wayne figure not selling.

I know John Wayne is one of the Icons I keep hoping will be announced. :) I also always wondered if it was a licensing issue, or if they think his fans are not figure collectors. Given the fact that Smooth Criminal is still delayed (and all those Bruce Lee Casual and In Suit still hanging around), I wondered if maybe HT thinks the US doesn't care about the Icons line in general, but I guess we'll never know.

Bring on the M Icon "The Conqueror" figure! :yess: Seriously, though, I would buy the **** out of ANYTHING Wayne they did. I'd love a Rooster Cogburn, or, even, one of his basic cowboy looks from his variouS Westerns.

Three Thousand doesn't sound small to me. :huh

Well, they apparently disagree and its their company right? :huh I would HOPE they know more about HK culture then you or I would. Where are you from? Did you know Leslie Cheung existed until recently?

Not directed specifically at you Nova, but I'm still confused why are so many of you guys trying so hard to prove HT wrong - especially if you have limited exposure and understanding of how important this guy is to the HK fans (and in some cases dare I say zero awareness of this guy)? You know what, they better go out of business for this "retarded move" and we should boycott their products because they are "not giving back to us", we being the superior market base, and while we are at it, lets sue them for announcing a liscense but not making all the characters we want in that license.

Last edited:
3k is pretty limited considering there's more collectors in Asian than all of the United States.

Bring on the M Icon "The Conqueror" figure! :yess: Seriously, though, I would buy the **** out of ANYTHING Wayne they did. I'd love a Rooster Cogburn, or, even, one of his basic cowboy looks from his variouS Westerns.
:rotfl:rotfl Took me a second to get it haha. But hey, I agree, I'll take whatever Wayne they choose to make. :wink1:

In 2010 Leslie was voted the third of the CNN's "top five most iconic musician of all time... right behind Michael Jackson and The Beatles. Leslie is a legend!

RIP

I was looking comparing this suit and the iminime Wayne suit, and man, they aren't even in the same league. I guess they must have learnt a lot from Kato.

Haven't been here for a while, seems like a lot of nay sayers, not surprising. Someone thinking this will fall flat on its face with an edition size of 3000?

Well, there are 7 million people in Hong Kong, 1.3 billion in China, many people over the age of say 18, know him and even if there is a small % who buys 1/6 figures, it will burn through the lot in no time. This is a risk? Only to those who live under the rock. If anything, this is a sure win, that's why Enterbay is also making one and had already announced their version couple of months ago.

I haven't even touch on the fact that there will be a lot of interest from Taiwan, Australia, Brazil, Canada, US, Singapore. I wonder why?...Oh, perhaps because these countries all have a huge Chinese population!

This is the best Christian Bale figure, ever. Absolutely perfect, down to the last detail.

Oh God, this thread...

tumblr_lnz82hqzMJ1qictvto1_400.gif

Not saying he's not popular, I might be an ignorant westerner but I think that CNN post must be biased, Elvis and the Beatles and Jackson are worldwide names, this guy I have not heard of before this thread was posted. To me that seems odd,

Maybe it's just based on record sales due to the population in Asia,

It seems a lot of guys here had no idea who this guy was though.

For the past couple of days, I've seen people droning on and on about, "Leslie? Leslie? Leslie? Leslie? Wong? Leslie Wong? Leslie Wong? Leslie Cheung? ****in' Charlie Chan."

tumblr_m6cpehcVmc1qg9ndmo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Who cares about Leslie Nielsen? All I see is the Bruce Wayne figure that could have been... that should. Have been.

Back