1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Battle Damaged Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty good time to be in the market for a Thanos figure - first two releases are still widely available, with Armored being reasonably discounted at some places...so no getting rinsed on the secondary market. Pick your favourite 1/6 representation of the character and away you go.

I think this came out pretty dang good, of course I agree that the battle-damage should be more pronounced, especially reflecting after he faced off with SW. (But maybe it could be representative of as she was dismantling him :wink1: and not after.) I may contemplate this one, I feel. In my opinion, the 'defeated Thanos' motif works well.

Admittedly what's most alluring to me is that display base. I think it's ok and can make for a good diorama paired with other figures. One nit with the base is the placement of the hole for the rod. I think it should've been placed farther back so Thanos could stand on the biggest surface of it. One feature I liked about the Grogu pram base (from the Delux Mando) is that the hole can be concealed with another 'rock' piece so one needn't see the hole if the pram wasn't used. I wish this was implemented on future bases, even with multiple places the rod can be inserted so one can choose where/how they want to display the figure.
I thought the base looked familiar....from the Mandalorian Blurrg.

Hot Toys typically re-use bases a lot. No doubt they have expensive tooling, and like you say can be easily re-used for other figures.

Seems the two back rocks are perhaps slightly different, but they would be moulded separately (due to not being able to demoulded if one piece).

Thanos crotch grabber hole pole hole conveniently plugged with a little rock.

Angle is not quite the same, but they do match.

Screenshot 2021-08-08 at 20.26.54.jpg

The likeness on both sculpts is excellent I just don't need this defeated version of Thanos represented in toy form.

You get the "who does number two work for" sculpt and also his bewildered look after the job is done.

Price has dropped at TBA to $3,150 HK (with $100 Off Code)...but shipping is $550 to the UK. Still cheaper than SSC, though...assuming it sails through customs and there are no further fees. But I might just wait it out a little longer to see if he gets another reduction.

Price has dropped at TBA to $3,150 HK (with $100 Off Code)...but shipping is $550 to the UK. Still cheaper than SSC, though...assuming it sails through customs and there are no further fees. But I might just wait it out a little longer to see if he gets another reduction.
You're better off waiting several months. I dunno if you're a patient person or not, but this figure will sit around for quite awhile. You may even be able to snag a decent deal through SSC when it inevitably has to discount it.

You're better off waiting several months. I dunno if you're a patient person or not, but this figure will sit around for quite awhile. You may even be able to snag a decent deal through SSC when it inevitably has to discount it.

Happy to wait it out a little longer to see what happens with the HK sellers. Hopefully there'll be at least one more drop with those guys before the price settles. As for SSC, I'll probably be dead before they even get it in stock, let alone them offering a decent enough discount on it, lol.

just heard China closed the 3rd biggest port over there. Likely will cause even more delays on some items coming to the west coast. Probably the one with the EG Caps

I'm still amazed after 18 months that hot toys and sideshow are still shipping these on a slow boat from china instead of shipping by plane. Sideshow has to be receiving many pre-order cancels because of all the delays, eg cap for 1. By now they have to be losing money you would think.

I'm still amazed after 18 months that hot toys and sideshow are still shipping these on a slow boat from china instead of shipping by plane. Sideshow has to be receiving many pre-order cancels because of all the delays, eg cap for 1. By now they have to be losing money you would think.
Oh yeah for sure. It’s probably why they are wanting HK resellers shut down because they’re taking their money.

I just checked sideshow and see all the thanos figures are still available. How come we don't see the trolls bashing hot toys for making more of the shelf warming thanos with this release?

Given the first two are still available (Infinity War Thanos some 2 & a half years after being released) and a general lack of interest towards this guy (particularly from those who already own one or both of the other Thanos figures), it wouldn't be a surprise if Hot Toys have reduced the production numbers on this one.

Hey jye4ever, are you getting the battle damaged armored Thanos, and if so, will you end up having all 3 in your collection? [if you will, are you able to post pics of all 3 together?] Cheers! :)

They do ship small orders by plane (like team suit stark) but for larger orders it would cost way to much to ship by plane. Not to mention there are thousands of other companys that normally use cargo ships trying to get things out of Asia on planes also taking up available space.

Hey jye4ever, are you getting the battle damaged armored Thanos, and if so, will you end up having all 3 in your collection? [if you will, are you able to post pics of all 3 together?] Cheers! :)
Right now I only own 1 but i’m working on getting the IW version.

For now i’m passing on this one.

Back