1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Battle Damaged Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it looked good in Justin’s review (he rightly calls out the soft details of the battle damage and rock base) but am looking forward to Jedha’s review since he doesn’t use a light box.

Still, if I had to pick one of the three Thanos figures, I still think I’d go with the clean armored version. But if it sells out, I wouldn’t be sad about having this one instead.

Actually the sad sculpt makes absolutely no sense with the fingers in snap position because when he was about to snap his fingers he didn’t know he had no stones so why would he be sad lol

He was grinning happy when he was about to snap and only had the defeated look expression post snap with his fingers open and palm showing.

Ughh whatever stop procrastinating and just buy one already lol

Exactly, I was hoping for a gauntlet without stones that we could pose. That way we could have the back of his hand showing with the defeated expression. I'm sure there will be a custom one later but doesn't make sense that it's not included. I still don't have a Thanos either, and am in the same boat as trying to decide which one to go with.

Although the angry sculpt is a good enough stand in for the snap pose.

Sure it doesn’t match the movie but it still works as an angry expression when he is about to snap makes enough sense in the context of a heated battle.

Does that make sense….no well ok I tried lol

Last edited:
Exactly, I was hoping for a gauntlet without stones that we could pose. That way we could have the back of his hand showing with the defeated expression. I'm sure there will be a custom one later but doesn't make sense that it's not included. I still don't have a Thanos either, and am in the same boat as trying to decide which one to go with.
I mean if you turn the snapping gauntlet hand toward you so that you can see there are no stones in it, you can no longer tell its molded in a snapping position and should work fine for that pose too.

Great video as always!

Despite the lackluster BD, I still think this one is the way to go between the two armored figures.
Personal preference to be honest. I personally have zero interest in having a Thanos that's defeated and lost on my shelf. It's a great looking figure and sculpt, no doubt but in terms of what he is here, he's broken and defeated. I don't care to have that version of him on the shelf. I would like to grab the rock base and gauntlet once it's parted out though. I imagine they'll go quick however.

I rather have him in his glory with the Infinity Gauntlet.

EcUmd55.png

LRt8ogd.png

80583064_10156788819272344_3038762999134289920_n.jpg
80834587_10156788824812344_256148435034439680_n.jpg

81161513_10156788825017344_6010103567296233472_n.jpg

I see the appeal of a defeated Thanos to give your Avengers on your shelf a positive heroic vibe.

But I also see the appeal of having an alpha Thanos on your shelf.

The the solution really is to own both and let’s be honest we all know that is the correct answer.

Afterall what are we?

That’s right…

Addicts.

I think this came out pretty dang good, of course I agree that the battle-damage should be more pronounced, especially reflecting after he faced off with SW. (But maybe it could be representative of as she was dismantling him :wink1: and not after.) I may contemplate this one, I feel. In my opinion, the 'defeated Thanos' motif works well.

Admittedly what's most alluring to me is that display base. I think it's ok and can make for a good diorama paired with other figures. One nit with the base is the placement of the hole for the rod. I think it should've been placed farther back so Thanos could stand on the biggest surface of it. One feature I liked about the Grogu pram base (from the Delux Mando) is that the hole can be concealed with another 'rock' piece so one needn't see the hole if the pram wasn't used. I wish this was implemented on future bases, even with multiple places the rod can be inserted so one can choose where/how they want to display the figure.

I think this came out pretty dang good, of course I agree that the battle-damage should be more pronounced, especially reflecting after he faced off with SW. (But maybe it could be representative of as she was dismantling him :wink1: and not after.) I may contemplate this one, I feel. In my opinion, the 'defeated Thanos' motif works well.

Admittedly what's most alluring to me is that display base. I think it's ok and can make for a good diorama paired with other figures. One nit with the base is the placement of the hole for the rod. I think it should've been placed farther back so Thanos could stand on the biggest surface of it. One feature I liked about the Grogu pram base (from the Delux Mando) is that the hole can be concealed with another 'rock' piece so one needn't see the hole if the pram wasn't used. I wish this was implemented on future bases, even with multiple places the rod can be inserted so one can choose where/how they want to display the figure.
That base is so easy to be modded into a realistic looking piece of rock.

The work is 3/4 done already just fill in the hole and paint.

Considering the neck on the armor isn't correct for any part of the final battle of Endgame this figure is not representative of any scene in the entire movie. That and the Hasbro level of battle detail, they tried a negative amount on this release

hqc5WFG.jpg

Considering the neck on the armor isn't correct for any part of the final battle of Endgame this figure is not representative of any scene in the entire movie. That and the Hasbro level of battle detail, they tried a negative amount on this release

hqc5WFG.jpg
What I see every time I see Hot Toy's "Battle Damage" section of his chest:

A1XQ4I+eHaL._SL1500_.jpg

I do like the base but not enough to buy this. I would rather have the garden thanos than this.

Back