1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Battle Damaged Thanos

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm glad I passed on the regular armored version, have the IW one and this will be a nice bookend with the Nano gauntlet which was the main selling point of course, but agree the battle damage could have been done better. Still keeping my order with BBTS

I kinda want each of the Thanos figures, he was a terrific villain. Each figure can look different enough on the shelf despite the less than perfect job they did on this version's battledamage.

Yeah but even the cheapest shipping is $100 which puts you right back up to Sideshow pricing.
Way cheaper for me, around £410 from Sideshow after shipping & customs, around £286 shipped from TW. That’s about a 30% difference.

Prices are without applying any coupons or rewards to either.

Way cheaper for me, around £410 from Sideshow after shipping & customs, around £286 shipped from TW. That’s about a 30% difference.

Prices are without applying any coupons or rewards to either.
Ah! Yeah I failed to consider that it depends on where you’re located. For us in the States, there’s no savings to be had on the big over-sized stuff out of Hong Kong because we’ll pay $100+ in shipping instead of like $17.

Ah! Yeah I failed to consider that it depends on where you’re located. For us in the States, there’s no savings to be had on the big over-sized stuff out of Hong Kong because we’ll pay $100+ in shipping instead of like $17.
That TW is with a shipping cost of $93 lol, even then its 30% cheaper than Sideshow (I could get another 10% off with TW rewards), no wonder Sideshow want HK resellers out of the game :lol.

Lets not forget to see the forest while focusing on this BD tree.

Regardless of wobbly body, missing IW bent arm, sad face or lack of damage detail remember that the armored version is still worth owning regardless which version you go with.

You will not regret having him on your shelf especially at reduced cost.

Buy just ONE believe me you will not regret it he truly has great shelf presence plus it’s freaking THANOS!

Last edited:
It's a shame the battle damage (or lack thereof) has detracted somewhat from the utterly stellar new sculpt. Hot Toys have crushed it with this new likeness.
Hot Toys should have included a third head sculpt where Thanos is grinning, like he does when he does the snap with the Nano Gauntlet....... :)

Hot Toys should have included a third head sculpt where Thanos is grinning, like he does when he does the snap with the Nano Gauntlet....... :)
81183155_896041370792996_3649497487380578304_o.jpg

Like this? LOL

The larger helmet definitely improves the tight fit from the previous version that was tight sliding over the ears.

Lame that they removed the magnet from the left shoulder.

I dunno. I still haven't picked up any version of Thanos yet. I was awaiting the release of this one to see if it really ended up being the best one. After watching the two video reviews, I still can't decide. Always appreciate the videos, but both of them feature the figure in really garish, bright lighting that accentuates the detailing to the point of almost being blown out. It's not looking great in those reviews (despite Justin waxing on about it being the best one).

I know that figures can (and often do) look different "in hand" but....

The battle damaged one had the potential of looking distinctive and less toy-like than the others. I do love that new portrait with the vulnerable expression. As Justin mentions, it is the best one of him yet.

It's a big drop of change for a figure of what is indeed a central character to that saga, but I'm going to need more varied "in-hand" shots before I drop that kind of coin on it.

Back