1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how come sometimes hot toys from sideshow don't come with the brown shipper?

Hot Toys doesn't always use a shipper overseas. Budget Stark did a video on figures that do and don't come with shippers in HK. So there is always a chance it was one of those. I personally would not worry about it if all the plastic was on the figure when i opened it.

Hot Toys doesn't always use a shipper overseas. Budget Stark did a video on figures that do and don't come with shippers in HK. So there is always a chance it was one of those. I personally would not worry about it if all the plastic was on the figure when i opened it.
Agreed. I’d at least get down to the figure before accusing Sideshow of selling me somebody’s used stuff.

There are several UK retailers that ship out orders without the Hot Toys brown shipper simply because they never get them. So I can 100% confirm this, has happened to me a few times. No big deal for me personally.

This is my first preorder from Sideshow and I just got an email that it will be charged soon. Anyone have an idea what the typical lead time is between when an item is charged and when it ships? TIA!

also to add, if yours come without a brown shipper, but you have a 'sticker' at the back of the hot toys art box, that's either squarish blue or silver with mickey mouse disney logo, that set would have come from an asia distributor or hong kong which will no have a brown hot toys shipper, but its still brand new

on the other hand, the sets destined for sideshow, conventionally, has hot toys brown shipper to withstand shipment treatments, and does NOT feature any 'sticker' at the back of the art box. if yrs does not have that 'sticker' nor hot toys brown box, it is very likely a sideshow set, and would have been opened for some reason.

there is almost zero % chance the sideshow hot toys brown shipper will ever get damaged on its way to sideshow warehouse and no way sideshow needs to replace with their own box, simply because, hot toys factories have these precious individual brown boxed toys packed in bigger carton that houses 2-6 multiple units and that already provided sufficient cover for forklifts and handling wear and tears. refer to the secret base release photos and you will understand

The circle tape at the top and bottom will be a dead giveaway if it's been opened, regardless of shipper and plastic slip cover.

I've noticed Sideshow has been doing this to people more frequently of late. It's happened to me once out of a couple hundred figures. I let them know politely but firmly it wasn't acceptable to do that to any collector and they took it back.

Anyone that gets the figure that way should. I recall it happened to someone with a diecast Iron Man and even the Iron Man gantry, which is really galling for what those cost.

The standard set for the US and some other non Asian markets is that a figure that is new will be sealed in the Hot Toys shipper. That's just the expectation set through years of precedence. Flimsy excuses won't break that preference.

Sideshow offers a double boxing service that charges a premium to protect the shipper. Why would they do that if they didn't know it was important to some customers?

A lot of authorized retailers double box at no cost. US retailers generally understand sealed in shipper expected. I remember Timewalker even warning customers one time that Sideshow mishandled a shipment to them and all their shippers arrived damaged.

People look for "brand new in sealed shipper" or "complete with Hot Toys brown shipper box" all the time. Some folks don't care and that's absolutely fine as a personal preference. But this more about why Sideshow is doing this.

I don't buy Sideshow's excuses about the shippers. And while I'm not saying every figure they ship out like this is an exchanged or previously opened item, it does give the impression that there's something wrong or off about it.

They know full well what they're doing and hoping to get away with. It's best that as many people push back on it as possible.

They have sent out opened or exchanged past at times it in the past, with evidence based on the state of the contents and some edition numbers for statues. I don't think it's something they try to do regularly, but I don't think they're always honest about it.

I used to buy mostly from Sideshow while supporting smaller retailers here and there. Since that incident, I switched to primarily buying from the US authorized retailers and only from Sideshow when everywhere else is already sold out or it's an exclusive item.

Last edited:
I am looking to pick up this figure.. Has Hot Toys made any adjustments since they originally launched it a few months ago? Or is it the same exact figure? (specifically asking if the star is perhaps bigger, or the collar is any different) .. Thanks everyone!

Just sold this, whilst I like the figure it makes me feel like I need to buy Thor and Iron Man, and I’m not willing to drop Diecast Iron Man money.

The fact that Sideshow usually folds on exchanging the used figures they send out is 100% damning evidence (which rest assured, they really should ******* be doing no matter what, given this bull). They know if they push back against something like that they'd have CC chargebacks and PayPal claims left and right. So when the knowing person gripes about it, they just deny and swap as a way to keep doing this.

I know, that's what I am thinking too.
I got my Boba Fett ESB 40th Anniversary from Popcultcha about a month ago and it has been out for ages. I hope you get Cap by August.
I buy my high priority figures from HK now, with the odd one from Sideshow, like Cap which I got in April.
That said, Popcultcha has great prices if you preorder early and their pennies system is great.

One step closer to finishing the collection.

IMG_5394.jpg

I got my Boba Fett ESB 40th Anniversary from Popcultcha about a month ago and it has been out for ages. I hope you get Cap by August.
I buy my high priority figures from HK now, with the odd one from Sideshow, like Cap which I got in April.
That said, Popcultcha has great prices if you preorder early and their pennies system is great.
Yeah that's pretty much why I use them, early discounts and the pennies. I'm patient but damn! Lol

Back