1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologies if this was asked/answered already earlier, but does the unmasked head sculpt fit well in other CA figures like AoU or WS Strike Suit as an example

Hello guys,
I need some helping deciding if I should get this or not. The only two reasons I am having doubts getting this piece is because in most pictures his eyes seem a bit too dark compared to what he looks like in the movie and compared to Chris Evans’ eyes in real life, so is it possible that one of you guys can take a photo with a flash on his eyes? Try to get it as bright as possible? The second reason is the Sculpts that he comes with, first the headsculpt looks like the exact same headsculpt they used all the way back in the winter solider figure, they just adjusted the hair a bit and a little bit around the cheeks making them a tiny bit fuller I believe, but the expression and dimensions are almost exactly identical. If you compare Mark 46/47/50 headsculpt to the one they made for Mark 4 or maybe Mark 85 BD, or for Black widow in her Winter Solider figure and her new Endgame sculpt, you can cleary see they are drastically different and not just small minor adjustments and a hair redo with new painting techniques. Otherwise, the Suit, the Accessories, and everything else this figure offers is a 10/10. So what do you guys think? Are the eyes actually bright and They don’t look good on camera? And are the sculpts and mouthpieces reused or are they actually entirely new? I’m not sure. And also if I wanted to wait for a future release of Captain do you guys think it will ever happen? Or is this and the 2012 Endgame version are the last two we will ever get. I am sorry for making this long but I needed the help from experts and you people here IMO are the 1/6 scale experts.

Attachments

• 40DCE3AB-4C2A-4DCE-B6E0-CB55A75B31AE.jpeg
    40DCE3AB-4C2A-4DCE-B6E0-CB55A75B31AE.jpeg
    170.7 KB · Views: 46
  • B9DFD7FC-323A-447F-9152-49990CA7F58B.jpeg
    B9DFD7FC-323A-447F-9152-49990CA7F58B.jpeg
    83.4 KB · Views: 43
Hello guys,
I need some helping deciding if I should get this or not. The only two reasons I am having doubts getting this piece is because in most pictures his eyes seem a bit too dark compared to what he looks like in the movie and compared to Chris Evans’ eyes in real life, so is it possible that one of you guys can take a photo with a flash on his eyes? Try to get it as bright as possible? The second reason is the Sculpts that he comes with, first the headsculpt looks like the exact same headsculpt they used all the way back in the winter solider figure, they just adjusted the hair a bit and a little bit around the cheeks making them a tiny bit fuller I believe, but the expression and dimensions are almost exactly identical. If you compare Mark 46/47/50 headsculpt to the one they made for Mark 4 or maybe Mark 85 BD, or for Black widow in her Winter Solider figure and her new Endgame sculpt, you can cleary see they are drastically different and not just small minor adjustments and a hair redo with new painting techniques. Otherwise, the Suit, the Accessories, and everything else this figure offers is a 10/10. So what do you guys think? Are the eyes actually bright and They don’t look good on camera? And are the sculpts and mouthpieces reused or are they actually entirely new? I’m not sure. And also if I wanted to wait for a future release of Captain do you guys think it will ever happen? Or is this and the 2012 Endgame version are the last two we will ever get. I am sorry for making this long but I needed the help from experts and you people here IMO are the 1/6 scale experts.
Here are some quick photos of mine taken straight on and a profile angle, both with and without flash (bearing in mind, of course, that this much exposure is generally going to be unflattering to any headsculpt regardless of its quality. Haha). They were taken on a very outdated iPhone 5S, so keep that in mind as well. LOL

For what it's worth, I think this is the best Evans headsculpt HT has given us. I've never seen any headsculpt that was 100% accurate from any company or 3rd-party sculptor, but this one is quite good. :)

I personally have six Hot Toys figs and this one (for me) exceeded expectations in-hand vs the promo photos.

I hope this is helpful! :)

Attachments

• IMG_2413.JPG
    IMG_2413.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2414.JPG
    IMG_2414.JPG
    45.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_2416.JPG
    IMG_2416.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_2417.JPG
    IMG_2417.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
Here are some quick photos of mine taken straight on and a profile angle, both with and without flash (bearing in mind, of course, that this much exposure is generally going to be unflattering to any headsculpt regardless of its quality. Haha). They were taken on a very outdated iPhone 5S, so keep that in mind as well. LOL

For what it's worth, I think this is the best Evans headsculpt HT has given us. I've never seen any headsculpt that was 100% accurate from any company or 3rd-party sculptor, but this one is quite good. :)

I personally have six Hot Toys figs and this one (for me) exceeded expectations in-hand vs the promo photos.

I hope this is helpful! :)
Thanks, A lot this was very helpful, his eyes really do look blue just like I wanted, I’m leaning towards getting him now.

It's shady. Can't notify you of that, leave the plastic sleeve on. You'd have to look at the seal if they opened it or not. Another in the comments of that post said he got a Punisher War Machine from them, it had no foam inserts and the armor was scratched. I once bought a ROTJ Fett from Midtown Comics, said it was new. Nope, clearly opened, but luckily nothing wrong with it. They must've used it for display I assume as it was their last one.

A lot of people say "if its ok, just keep it". ********, your paying full price for a used item that should be sold at a discounted price!. It's a dishonest practice to sell used items as new like sideshow is doing and should be reported to the california attorney general..

Back