1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whoa whoa whoa what is that black widow figure you have in the background there?

Thanks. It's a custom i am working on. She, and Hawkeye, are going to have those space helmets. I've almost get hers done, and will be starting Hawkeye's shortly. I was inspired by a guy on my facebook friends list who is making something similar. I can post better pics of her if you want.

and also what's the body you have this hawkeye in? they both look great!

It's the body from the Night Monkey/Stealth suit Spiderman from Far From Home. It works perfectly for Renner because he's a slender guy.

You are welcome, Zurdo!

Also I agree with you about picking this up. I have been very happy with my CW Cap for a long time, however this EG Cap just happens to address all of the things I didn?t like about my CW version like the baggy pants and boxy shoulders, while also adding the scales on the chest and shoulders which I always wished the CW version had. That said, I may be far in the minority on this but I still prefer the die-cast shield of CW Cap, I will probably use it with this new EG version.

Yep! Though I don't mind the proportional differences between them, as they all look good to me. Agree, I like the die-cast shields, would prefer if they can include both to please those who prefer one or the other, but alas.

They've fixed like 80% of what was wrong with the chest piece. It was too large, too low, too flat and looked like it was hanging down over his abs. The star was too small and the wrong shape (uneven gaps around it) and the scales weren't painted at all so just looked like blue rubber.

Now they've raised the chest up, made it fit 'tighter' around his pecs, it has more curve at the bottom, the scales are painted, the star is larger and the right shape... to say they haven't changed anything is just willfully wrong.

The gap around the star needs filling 'up' a bit to simulate the padded fabric that it sits in, and I might do that myself. Maybe try to find a more metallic paint for the scales. And MAYBE trim the bottom edge of the chest piece which I feel is just a touch too thick top to bottom.

But basically... it's mostly fine!

OBIb3Dr.jpg

It's surprisingly hard to find a decent picture of this suit. Anyways, looking at this I'm guess that Gmoney is talking about the fact that the rim of the chest plate is fabric that's integrated into the suit. I also see that the star is set in fabric, which is a really cool detail and it's a shame that HT didn't do that.

At the end of the day they fixed 90% of my issues with this figure so it's hard to get too mad about that last ten percent. My biggest pet peeve is still the arms, but it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

THANK YOU for that pic. I've managed to find a couple, but as you say.. weirdly really hard to find good clean pics of that!!

They've fixed like 80% of what was wrong with the chest piece. It was too large, too low, too flat and looked like it was hanging down over his abs. The star was too small and the wrong shape (uneven gaps around it) and the scales weren't painted at all so just looked like blue rubber.

Now they've raised the chest up, made it fit 'tighter' around his pecs, it has more curve at the bottom, the scales are painted, the star is larger and the right shape... to say they haven't changed anything is just willfully wrong.

The gap around the star needs filling 'up' a bit to simulate the padded fabric that it sits in, and I might do that myself. Maybe try to find a more metallic paint for the scales. And MAYBE trim the bottom edge of the chest piece which I feel is just a touch too thick top to bottom.

But basically... it's mostly fine!

Yep, exactly that. The chest was a fairly big point of contention with the proto, but they made some good improvements to it so most people aren't complaining anymore since HT at the very least tried to address the issues.

I was "fine" with the proto but I'm really happy with all the upgrades they made. He looks much better in the unboxing videos I've been watching than in the latest photos too, IMO.

OBIb3Dr.jpg

It's surprisingly hard to find a decent picture of this suit. Anyways, looking at this I'm guess that Gmoney is talking about the fact that the rim of the chest plate is fabric that's integrated into the suit. I also see that the star is set in fabric, which is a really cool detail and it's a shame that HT didn't do that.

At the end of the day they fixed 90% of my issues with this figure so it's hard to get too mad about that last ten percent. My biggest pet peeve is still the arms, but it is what it is.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
I think some imperfections have to be forgiven in that it's a 1:6 scale figure that ideally has a decent range of articulation. I'm sure the figure would have looked great if they had achieved that seamless look in the chest and shoulders but seems like articulation could have really suffered as a result. And honestly those all-fabric suits in the Civil War figure and others do not look great by comparison; the plastic chestplate on the Endgame figure allows them to do away with all the stitching that doesn't look great in 1:6 scale.

Yep, that's it. Also good find on this photo. I, too, had a really difficult time trying to find a clean image of EG Cap. But, yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. The suit doesn't seem like it's one seamless piece on the figure (because it's not), whereas on the movie suit it's one piece essentially.

And I recall there was a lot complaining going on BEFORE this figure was released about how the chest looked cheap with the slap-on two piece, but now I'm not seeing anyone mention that particular niggle anymore. I truly expected to see that criticism brought up again seeing as how the chest piece is pretty much the same as the prototype, so I'm just really surprised is all.

Correct. That's the gripe I saw mentioned time and time again before release, but now no more...so I just find it odd that it's crickets now.

I did, which is why I still find the altered IW versions to look better torso-wise, the scales HT made under the suit on that figure were already a better match for the actual costume than a cast piece of plastic they developed later

Definitely improved, if only they nailed the star it would be pretty good. Although the chain mail piece looks to be in better proportion, I still don't like the 'chunk o plastic' look of it. The custom IW versions people have made get the look more like chain mail fabric like it is in the film- shiny scales not plate armor with a texture:
200129012425120724.jpg

Ugh, I want this guy so bad. I’m struggling with buying my second one from a HK seller. I already have one paid off from SSC, but I’m definitely getting a second. I did the math and it’s about $100 extra to buy from a HK seller now as opposed to waiting for US retailers to get him. Someone talk me off the ledge! I’m normally pretty patient, but Cap is my favorite MCU character.

HK not worth it just for 1 1/2 - 2 month early access

Lets say you stop yourself from going with HK for 3 figures that is $300 you saved and can now use towards a new purchase!

Only the youtube content creators are forced to go the costly HK route to remain competitive

Out of curiousity, has anyone put the Endgame helmeted head on the Civil war body?

Ugh, I want this guy so bad. I’m struggling with buying my second one from a HK seller. I already have one paid off from SSC, but I’m definitely getting a second. I did the math and it’s about $100 extra to buy from a HK seller now as opposed to waiting for US retailers to get him. Someone talk me off the ledge! I’m normally pretty patient, but Cap is my favorite MCU character.

I was in this same predicament. As someone who owns all of the HT Caps (except Star Spangled Cap), I was itching for this to complete my lineup. So I did a compromise and told myself I’d be willing to pay only $50 extra than I would pay through Sideshow with California tax if I could find it within that price within the first 5 days of release. Lo and behold I was able to talk a seller down to my price and got it shipped here faster and packaged more securely than any Hot Toy figure I’ve ever received from Sideshow. I guess all I left on the table was Sideshow reward points.

Set a price you’re willing to pay and just wait on it.

Ugh, I want this guy so bad. I?m struggling with buying my second one from a HK seller. I already have one paid off from SSC, but I?m definitely getting a second. I did the math and it?s about $100 extra to buy from a HK seller now as opposed to waiting for US retailers to get him. Someone talk me off the ledge! I?m normally pretty patient, but Cap is my favorite MCU character.

Yeah I feel you, though I do not typically buy figures early, I did so with the Captain Marvel delux because I was so eager :lol

HK not worth it just for 1 1/2 - 2 month early access

Lets say you stop yourself from going with HK for 3 figures that is $300 you saved and can now use towards a new purchase!

Only the youtube content creators are forced to go the costly HK route to remain competitive

That’s is a great point! Ultimately, it’s not with the difference and that $100 would cover about 1/2 or 1/3 of another figure.

Thanks to everyone talking some sense into me. I’ll just wait. Who knows, maybe I’ll get a $25 off coupon from SSC soon too. Two of my recent purchases convert on points this weekend too.

Back