1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers: Endgame Capt America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does Sideshow ship out pre-orders in a first-come, first serve basis? That is, the earlier you PO something from them, the sooner you get it? Because that what looks like what is happening here. Is that normal for SS, or is this a unique situation to this figure?

Not sure if joking because it has been complained about quite a lot that no, Sideshow don't ship on a first come first serve basis - they should but don't.

I use the payment plan as well. As soon as I am able, I call up SS customer service to pay off the item (minus tax and shipping) as soon as I am able to. For instance, the Endgame Iron Patriot has been paid off (minus tax and shipping) since December 2020.

Unless you really like talking to the people at customer service, you can do that yourself with one click on the website under order details.

Does Sideshow ship out pre-orders in a first-come, first serve basis? That is, the earlier you PO something from them, the sooner you get it? Because that what looks like what is happening here. Is that normal for SS, or is this a unique situation to this figure?

100% Random. Doesn't matter when you order or how you pay.

Got my Cap today. Awesome figure, but I will not be using the helmeted head.
I used my AOU Cap helmeted head. Not sure if I'm going to keep that head on
or use the EG Steve sculpt.

Sorry about the sideway pics. I have no idea how to correct it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210524_195309803.jpg
    IMG_20210524_195309803.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20210524_195317806.jpg
    IMG_20210524_195317806.jpg
    271.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210524_191256955.jpg
    IMG_20210524_191256955.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 44
Got my Cap today. Awesome figure, but I will not be using the helmeted head.
I used my AOU Cap helmeted head. Not sure if I'm going to keep that head on
or use the EG Steve sculpt.

Sorry about the sideway pics. I have no idea how to correct it.

Congrats on getting him in!

I do think the AOU helmeted head is more proportional to the body than the Endgame helmeted head (even though it has a great likeness) and so to me the AOU head looks better.

But yeah that EG Steve sculpt is incredible, even though I am biased toward displaying figures either their helmets and masks on, I can see why many people would opt for displaying this figure using that unhelmeted sculpt ...it is phenomenal.

Then I wish Sideshow would hurry up and randomly select my order to be fulfilled :lol

Hang in there Span, I ordered him on day 1 waaay back, and I just got a notice a few days ago. I guess it's going in batches, but it is disappointing that there is really nothing special about pre-ordering--incredibly random...booo. :dunno

Hang in there Span, I ordered him on day 1 waaay back, and I just got a notice a few days ago. I guess it's going in batches, but it is disappointing that there is really nothing special about pre-ordering--incredibly random...booo. :dunno
Yeah I hope Sideshow understands how these extremely slow delivery times and not honoring orders in the order in which they were received is going to drive more and more of us to not bother pre-ordering and instead just shop around after release. Captain America's a bit of a unique situation because he's still more expensive from Hong Kong than what he'll end up costing from Sideshow, but other figures can be had sooner and for far less by airmail from Hong Kong than they can from Sideshow and their shipping containers.

Yeah I hope Sideshow understands how these extremely slow delivery times and not honoring orders in the order in which they were received is going to drive more and more of us to not bother pre-ordering and instead just shop around after release. Captain America's a bit of a unique situation because he's still more expensive from Hong Kong than what he'll end up costing from Sideshow, but other figures can be had sooner and for far less by airmail from Hong Kong than they can from Sideshow and their shipping containers.

Have you ever had any trouble ordering direct from HK? I only know ordering from Sideshow direct as I am in the same state, and once they ship I usually get it within 1-2 days. And true about Endgame Cap--must have been the whole covid/production/shipping delays at this time, with other figures announced later are arriving earlier. I just try not to think about how long we have waited for this one...and just live vicariously through the great photos that people who have him share haha.

Have you ever had any trouble ordering direct from HK? I only know ordering from Sideshow direct as I am in the same state, and once they ship I usually get it within 1-2 days. And true about Endgame Cap--must have been the whole covid/production/shipping delays at this time, with other figures announced later are arriving earlier. I just try not to think about how long we have waited for this one...and just live vicariously through the great photos that people who have him share haha.
So far I have only ordered three figures from overseas so my experience is limited, but the only problem I had was with USPS sending my Spider-Man to the wrong side of the country for three weeks and that is in no way the fault of overseas sellers. Everything has shown up in pristine condition, and dare I say Hot Toys factory quality control is solid enough that I?m not terribly worried about receiving a defective product that need be sent back.

For much larger, heavier items and figures I think I would stick with Sideshow or other North American distributor and just wait it out though.

The only thing I hold them accountable for in this whole delay fiasco is not shipping in a first in/first out manner. That would have at least made sense to everyone. As it stood, I was a day one pre-order and saw people who ordered two weeks ago get their figure first. It is what it is and I'll have mine next week, but it certainly is a strange way to run a business that is exclusively online ordering and shipping.

The only thing I hold them accountable for in this whole delay fiasco is not shipping in a first in/first out manner. That would have at least made sense to everyone. As it stood, I was a day one pre-order and saw people who ordered two weeks ago get their figure first. It is what it is and I'll have mine next week, but it certainly is a strange way to run a business that is exclusively online ordering and shipping.
I would also fault them for getting a single figure presumably airmailed in for their Unsealed and Revealed series and telling people it was shipping real soon even though it would be months still before Sideshow fulfilled a single order. Their Captain America unboxing was three months ago.

Comparing to the Age of Ultron Cap (my only other Captain America)
1B88654D-D189-4C37-A511-BDD5023CA5E8.jpg

Comparing the 3 heads I have (Age of Ultron, Infinity War and Endgame)
64ED090D-727B-4F09-A05D-90C5A3644FC2.jpg

Hi all, long time lurker, but first time poster. I too ordered mine from Sideshow on day 1 (it was my first Hot Toys order ever) and received it in early April after many frustrating delays. One thing to note is that I am in Australia and I had my figure shipped to me from Hong Kong, rather than the USA (which is where all other Sideshow orders and preorders have been shipped from).
Generally speaking it does seem strange how Sideshow have shipped this figure out randomly... Like many others, I now order most of my Hot Toys from other suppliers, especially Hong Kong sellers (like TBA or Toyswonderland) where shipping is free (or cheap) and I don't have to pay an extra 10% tax and you get them way earlier.

I would also fault them for getting a single figure presumably airmailed in for their Unsealed and Revealed series and telling people it was shipping real soon even though it would be months still before Sideshow fulfilled a single order. Their Captain America unboxing was three months ago.

Good point and I forgot all about that. Even that could somewhat be explained by unexpected delays in the ports, but I agree they should have a better idea of near term shipment before making those statements.

I'm late on this but I'm not as impressed with this as I thought I would be from the pictures. The head is too small. The unmasked head is too big. Shield is still cumbersome. Hands don't fit right. Body proportions are a little worse than IW. Articulation on the legs is really bad. I guess it's museum pose forever.

Back