Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im sure someone got a bit carried away but the joint doesnt exactly look bulletproof"so to speak"careful handling required but should we feel this way after purchasing it?for me im just going to be careful and im sure thats the way to go to keep this awesome figure ALIVE!:yess:
ps.random question but one that popped in my head when:peace:wink1:but how many units do hot toys make of say war machine or one of the predators?how limited are the limited versions?just curious:lol

based on the pic I would actually say that it can turn its waist. It will be movable in two specific directions e.g. forward & backward and turn sideways. Just don't try to tip the upper body to the sides. That's the dfference between this design vs ball joint. I suspect this was done as the ab plates/shingles are not designed to allow sideway tippin g of the upper body either

I think we need to actually hear from those who have had theirs break, really. It's no good us guessing and then thinking it turns in cross axis (Up, down, left, right), only to break the thing, you know?

We'll see I guess.

I'm sort of hoping that, because I got mine pre-ordered in May from B.B.T.S., maybe this was just a faulty batch. I should have it by Dec, right?

Also, not sure if I'm digging the dark red eyes and the almost blue light. I mean, it was fine when it was pale red-ish eyes and white light, but dark red and a blue tinted chest light? Not sure about that.

DSC_0060%20copy.jpg

DSC_0061%20copy.jpg

DSC_0057%20copy.jpg

DSC_00581%20copy.jpg

DSC_0062%20copy.jpg

DSC_0064%20copy.jpg

DSC_0065%20copy.jpg

DSC_0066%20copy.jpg

DSC_0061%20copy.jpg

just let all of you know the finishing is great, I really think it's the best Hottoys IRONMAN figure so far....:yess:

I can't believe I'm going to write this, but here goes...

Sometimes I think there are just too many collectors who complain about some seriously common sense issues. Again, I'm not defending Hot Toys, but I AM commenting on the lack of common sense some folks out there seem to have when it comes to an action figure...though I think we all can agree "common sense ain't common" anymore...

"oh my gosh, I can't believe the plastic waist joint on my War Machine action figure broke!"

Legitimate comment. None of us like dishing out $180+ on a figure that breaks...

HOWEVER, there's a major difference when the comment is: "Well the waist joint wasn't turning anymore, so I pushed a little harder...and then...oh my gosh, I can't believe the plastic waist joint on my War Machine action figure broke!"

Seriously? Really?

It's plastic. PLASTIC! The entire figure is made of plastic! I don't care how well designed the joints or pieces are or what type of durable or fragile plastic they are made of, if it's plastic (of any kind) and you stress it the wrong way, it can and will break.

"But I didn't know you couldn't bend it that way!"

Seriously? Really?

Couldn't you feel the joint/part NOT moving?
Couldn't you feel the plastic bending or breaking?
Do you REALLY need to be told "don't twist or turn it when it's not moving that way"? If you do, then the price of this figure would be WAY more than it is as Hot Toys would need to print you a BOOK that says "don't pull down on the feet as the legs might come off" and "don't pull out on the arms as they might detach at the shoulders" etc etc etc.

"But I thought it could do that! It must be a design flaw!"

Seriously? Really?

Obviously you and the other people who think this is a "design flaw" have master's and doctorate degrees in mechanical engineering and are working in the toy industry; otherwise, how would you or they have the knowledge and understanding to give properly educated commentary on what mechanical design elements works and which don't in a figure like this?!?!

Simply put, this figure and every other figure is made a certain way for a certain reason. Does Hot Toys want to make money? Yes. (Why do you think they make licensed movie and video game figures and NOT military figures? Bigger market in movie and game toys and military buyers nowadays :( :( )

That said, Hot Toys also has A LOT to lose if they do things incorrectly (as we learned when there were issues with the oil-leak Batman). Hot Toys has a reputation for making highly-accurate, highly-detailed, and high costing figures. They're not going to design a figure like War Machine to break nor are they going to cheat fans and collectors on purpose.

While the "real" War Machine might have a "little black box" that allows Rhodey and Tony to see what went wrong during an op, the Hot Toys War Machine figure doesn't. However, those of us who have collected action figures for any amount of time know the simplest thing in situations like this is normally true -- when there are issues of any technical or mechanical nature that go wrong, it's almost always "operator error" at fault.

Last edited:
The eyes are way too dark and I don't think the light can shine as well through them. No matter. I've never been bothered by little things being movie accurate. I love Hot Toys because they can make a very realistic looking figure which is what they excel at. Some shots make this look like a 1:1 prop. Anyways, I still don't like the white chest piece. I'm hoping a red filter over the LED can fix that.

Eyes look weird

____

Kind of a boring figure. meh

He is. A battle-damaged version with metallic finish and all of his decals would do wonders for this figure.
_____

We get it... you hate the figure! I happen to think it's one of the best Hot Toys figure to date. Also, I hope everyone here realize that is just one dude (or 2, whatever) that broke his figure. Why is everybody else freaking out as if this is a common thing. Wait till you get reports of 10+ figures breaking to call this a POSSIBLE ISSUE.

Taking a step back from all the 'new figure release' excitement, I think it's safe to say that there's a lot of room for improvement on this fella.

This is a public thread, everyone has the right to praise or diss this figure. It's all allowed as long as it's reasonable.

Do they eyes look too dark? Yes. That wouldn't bother me, though, if the chest arc didn't look blue. It's like he's got a blue chest arc and red eyes. That just...it's not on. It's inaccurate. I can tolerate a missing decal because, in honesty, if I didn't notice it was missing then it couldn't have been important.

However, the lights are a main feature.

WITH that said, I'd like everyone to consider this...

Lights only work in the dark. Unless you're a nocturnal animal, you won't always have it with lights on, nor will you wanna keep changing batteries.

So...is it a case of it being that big of a deal anyway? If the lights were perma-on, I'd be MORE pissed, but I'll probably have them on rarely.

Of course, on the other side, it does feel like we're making a excuses for shortcomings that a $175-$185 toy shouldn't come with.

Last edited:
This is a public thread, everyone has the right to praise or diss this figure. It's all allowed as long as it's reasonable.

Do they eyes look too dark? Yes. That wouldn't bother me, though, if the chest arc didn't look blue. It's like he's got a blue chest arc and red eyes. That just...it's not on. It's inaccurate.

006.jpg

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/P7jMSkGFvGs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/P7jMSkGFvGs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

We get it... you hate the figure! I happen to think it's one of the best Hot Toys figure to date.
Relax, nobody hates this figure. There's just some obvious ways in which the figure could be drastically improved. No one's going to kill a baby every time someone points out a flaw in a Hot Toys figure.

The pics from the previous page is the 1st time i've seen him looking very plasticky instead of....well........metalicky :lol

Hopefully in person he doesn't come off that toy like.

Previous initial in hand photos had him looking pretty good so hopefully just bad lighting.

Back