Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what does it take to impress you guys? I'm just wondering how all you guys managed during the medicom days where 1/6th scale figs were a complete joke. Now we have ht, and the nitpicking is worst then ever... Anyways this figure looks perfect to me and those complaining will end up buying it for sure as usual.

Cool review retaane and is he fairly heavy btw?

Guys,

I am telling you this is the figure to have

I had pre-ordered and cancelled then impulse I bought these from a dude

and Now I am thinking of cancelling Mark VI and getting him and Mark IV

He is heavy and thick and has a very dominating looking seriously

I will post a new video with more detail soon

Seeing how there are few threads on medicom figures, its safe to say we don't like them here that much, I rank them maybe a notch below the DC Direct 13" figures.
Also, I wait on the American release of Hot Toys and not jump on them on their initial release in Hk so QC can be evaluated first.

Guys,

I am telling you this is the figure to have

I had pre-ordered and cancelled then impulse I bought these from a dude

and Now I am thinking of cancelling Mark VI and getting him and Mark IV

He is heavy and thick and has a very dominating looking seriously

I will post a new video with more detail soon

Oh i have him on pre-order i have since day 1 :)

Im sticking with my IM MK3 though as im personally not keen enough on the new ones to consider selling him and buying a new 1.

Retaane sort of settled my breakage worries, but hopefully his next vid shows the upper body articulation.

Still not stoked on the lights, but I still think it looks incredible.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/P7jMSkGFvGs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/P7jMSkGFvGs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Thanks for the video. I like how much contrast there is there between the dark grey and silver parts; if that's how he looks in person I can see the added appeal. The red eyes don't look so bad there, either. But I still want to see the waste articulation (or lack thereof). Any chance you can show some more dynamic poses? Seems like everyone's so terrified of breaking him in half now that no one will take him out of his out-of-the-box torso pose.

DSC_0061%20copy.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Eyes look weird

as amazing as this figure looks, the eyes are a great let down.
instead of it looking like there's holographic images lighting up the inside of the helmet, it just looks like war machine got really stoned. :lol

should look more like this:
warmachineagain.jpg

i think this is an immaculate figure & im gonna purchase him without hesitation, i dont think that hot toys will make a battle damaged verison of him, if they took this much time to fix some defects with the figure im assuming that this will be the only product that they'll be releasing of him. as for the articulation...its sufficiant, hes a big bulky suit, not a gymnast.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/P7jMSkGFvGs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/P7jMSkGFvGs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Retaane at 1:46 you show the instructions booklet, what is the red thing for the EX Wife ?

Everytime I look for some reviews online your videos pop up! I like your passion for this hobby. May I make a suggestion though? You should get a tripod... a small one would do. It would help you a lot during your video reviews man!

Cheers!

what does it take to impress you guys? I'm just wondering how all you guys managed during the medicom days where 1/6th scale figs were a complete joke. Now we have ht, and the nitpicking is worst then ever... Anyways this figure looks perfect to me and those complaining will end up buying it for sure as usual.

See the thing is people will always complain about the smallest imperfection, but then they'll go out and get it. It'll always be like that there will be no stopping it. That's just how the consumer world is. Even if Hot Toys comes out with a full scale and fully functioning Iron Man suit they'll find some way to complain about how inaccurate it is. Oh well. All I know is I'm getting this thing. It looks awesome!

See the thing is people will always complain about the smallest imperfection, but then they'll go out and get it. It'll always be like that there will be no stopping it. That's just how the consumer world is. Even if Hot Toys comes out with a full scale and fully functioning Iron Man suit they'll find some way to complain about how inaccurate it is. Oh well. All I know is I'm getting this thing. It looks awesome!

Ok, look.

For one thing, I still think it's an incredible figure and I'll be happy with it. Am I annoyed that his eyes are a weird colour? Yes. Am I annoyed his chest arc seems blue? Yes.

I have the right to be, I'm paying $175 for this figure. You can reply with, "You don't have to.", but that's my next point. You are quite hypocritical to say we complain about the smallest detail, like it's a bad thing, and I'll tell you why.

The reason we all buy Hot Toys is BECAUSE we want realism and accuracy. If you didn't care, you'd be getting the Walmart 6-inch exclusive, not the Hot Toys War Machine.

So, by that token, we all want the same thing. It's why we're here. I don't pay $175 for MOSTLY realistic. I'm not talking decals, I'm talking lights in the eyes. They WERE fine, why were they changed? Things like that bother me, not enough to put me off, but they bother me.

Having stoner eyes and a blueish chest arc detracts from the War Machine to me. I don't think it looks "plasticky", but would it have killed them to make the plastic black, like it's meant to be?

It's STILL incredible, but I didn't sit here saying these things when I saw my friends Mark II or Mark III Battle Damaged Iron Man figures. They all look like we expect. It's why we buy from Hot Toys.

The War Machine, as amazing as it is, is simply not up to par considering the delays and the price. That's what makes it worse, the delays. Delays are meant to make things BETTER. They took all the time to make a spring-loaded Ex-Wife that hides away, but they somehow effed up the eyes and the chest? They couldn't install an upper chest ball joint that doesn't fill people with fear when enjoying their figure? It's not a matter of using common sense and not being rough. It's a matter of people, like Retaane, being openly afraid to USE one of the features that is meant to be used. The toy is meant to have ab-crunch articulation, so is it ok for the buyer to be afraid to use that? No, it's not.

I LOVE this figure, I will be proud to own it, but for a company that prides itself on being praised for minor details, why shouldn't it be criticised for missing them? That's the crux of it. We'll praise it for having three joints per finger, but if it didn't have them and we complained, you'd be saying we complain to much. If it's possible, DO it for all toys. Giving the Predators ball jointed torsos? Give them to all figures.

Back