Hot Toys –MMS120 - Iron Man 2: War Machine full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still can't get myself to pull the trigger on this guy. I really want a Hot Toys War Machine, but I'm just not satisfied enough with this one to place an order. The mold of the figure itself is fantastic, but he reminds me in a way of the original Mark III figure, where the fit and finish just didn't have that $180 look to it. Those cheap-looking red plastic eyes especially ruin the look, leaving him looking sometimes almost like a 6" Hasbro figure. And the rest of him is generally plastic looking, as opposed to having a metallic finish to it to some degree, while the abundance of missing decals adds to the plain look of the figure. My gut tells me to hold out for a Battle-Damaged version that'll likely resolve these issues (just as the Battle-Damaged Mark III did), but there's no guarantee another version of this figure will ever come to pass.

warmachinecomparison.jpg

Just buy it dude and "if" they make the battle damage version sell this one and get that instead ..i sold my original m3 to fund the battle damage version, and i might do the same with warmachine if the possible battle damge version is better looking.

Just buy it dude and "if" they make the battle damage version sell this one and get that instead ..i sold my original m3 to fund the battle damage version, and i might do the same with warmachine if the possible battle damge version is better looking.
I've considered that :) I too sold my original Mark III to replace it with the battle-damaged version, but it was at that time that I discovered eBay has drastically increased their share of your sale and between them and Paypal you lose about 15% if I recall correctly.

Im not sure they'll make a Battle Damage WM, He really didn't get that messed up other than chest armor and the gun getting ripped off.

On the other hand, HT will probably want to squeeze as much profit out of this mold as they can. How many T-600s did they make? Maybe there will be a Special Edition like Gun Metal IM

Also you have to consider if Hot Toys plans on making Mark 5 , where do they want the customers attention. They don't want to split the market. They would want to space it out. So even if it does happen, its gonna be a while.

I've considered that :) I too sold my original Mark III to replace it with the battle-damaged version, but it was at that time that I discovered eBay has drastically increased their share of your sale and between them and Paypal you lose about 15% if I recall correctly.

Why ebay?:dunno ..you could sell it here at sideshow freaks.

I think you should buy the figure ..i mean the battle damage version may never happen and you might end up missing out on a great figure.

Last edited:
Im not sure they'll make a Battle Damage WM, He really didn't get that messed up other than chest armor and the gun getting ripped off.
True, but remember though that the Battle-Damaged Mark III is basically a change of chestplate and head, and the battle-damaged Predator 2 just had blood splatters on his chest :)

Why ebay?:dunno ..you could sell it here at sideshow freaks.
True. Next time I sell a figure I'll try that first.

I think you should by the figure ..i mean the battle damage version may never happen and you might end up missing out on a great figure.
Well, worst case scenario I end up having to wait until Iron Man 3 or the Avengers movie to get a second chance at a Hot Toys War Machine figure, right?

True, but remember though that the Battle-Damaged Mark III is basically a change of chestplate and head, and the battle-damaged Predator 2 just had blood splatters on his chest :)

True. Next time I sell a figure I'll try that first.

Well, worst case scenario I end up having to wait until Iron Man 3 or the Avengers movie to get a second chance at a Hot Toys War Machine figure, right?

Ya i guess ..but thats a long wait, and we all know how long it takes hot toys to release ironman figures:gah:

I agree, it looks like a movement break. That doesn't really concern me too much, unlike the photogs on this thread I usually just pose and then they stay that way as long as they are in my collections. I don't move them much.

That's how I am as well. I pick a pose I like and go with it.

Looking at the break, my guess is it's broke from people thinking that it's a ball joint, and trying to move him left to right instead of just back to front.

You are right. The fact there on on edge of the broken ring it's shiny so that is where the plastic snapped. The middle partbis rough as it basically just ripped under the force and the opposite edge is pulled out which is the final piece the ring was holding together at. It is still possible that someone at the fab broke it but not as likely as the owner trying to bend WM sideways. Note to myself DON'T BEND WM SIDEWAYS!!

As for buying first and worse case sell it I only have two comments
1. If I have the cash I get it cause finding something popular afterwards will likely cost me more than me selling it at a loss which is very unlikely with this one even if I open and display it
2. I have applied the above few times already and in retrospect my problem is I really can't get myself to part from anything without regretting it the moment it's sold ;)

This pictoral review with step by step descriptions of the features just about had me convinced, until I got to the part where the writer says don't worry about the fragile waste articulation because he's basically going to leave him in a "stick up the ass" pose for all eternity.

Heh! Wasn't that a film quote? oh no it wasn't. It was from Jeff Dunham. On a steeck!

The trouble with that review is that it smacks of the Steve Jobs, "Just don't hold the iPhone like that." excuse.

There are pictures of the War Machine with its torso slightly turned. How are we meant to know how far is too far? You know? Some of us aren't even gonna turn the upper torso to check now, for fear of it snapping.

I know it has an ab-crunch, forward and back.

I just think that it's a very poor excuse. "Just don't turn the torso." Then don't make it so that if we turn it, it breaks. Just make it totally incapable of being turned that way.

Hmm my head is saying there will be a second WM. You just know HT will get as much money out of the WM mold as they can

Kinda glad these figures are turning out not so good. Details missing, breakages, BW hair looking awfull.
Whiplash turned out great but so far only MKVI is a sure buy for me

Man, actually I have kindo of a fear going on now, that I unpack my WM, together with MIV and all of a sudden I have 3 pieces, meaning one with shocking battle damage.
But I definatly won´t turn this thing to far.
Carefully check out the degree it has and cut...no more for me.
HT did a serious customer service job, back when I had my leaky bats, but one more time waiting on a piece...hell no.
Waited long enough for WM, BUT...and here come the big but(t)^^:
I get it december, so I hope I get another unfaulty batch...

The trouble with that review is that it smacks of the Steve Jobs, "Just don't hold the iPhone like that." excuse.

There are pictures of the War Machine with its torso slightly turned. How are we meant to know how far is too far? You know? Some of us aren't even gonna turn the upper torso to check now, for fear of it snapping.

I know it has an ab-crunch, forward and back.

I just think that it's a very poor excuse. "Just don't turn the torso." Then don't make it so that if we turn it, it breaks. Just make it totally incapable of being turned that way.

based on the pic I would actually say that it can turn its waist. It will be movable in two specific directions e.g. forward & backward and turn sideways. Just don't try to tip the upper body to the sides. That's the dfference between this design vs ball joint. I suspect this was done as the ab plates/shingles are not designed to allow sideway tippin g of the upper body either

Back