Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First thing I noticed is how terrible that headsculpt is. I'm assuming that's just a placeholder, but still... yuck.

agreed, I hope that is a real early prototype and they nail the likeness down.

I'll probably have the figure displayed with the helmet look anyways, but it's always nice to have that extra HS.

As long as the HS turns out like this I'll be good.

HT_GOTG_04-STARLORD.jpg

The hair shouldn't be tucked into the helmet all the way. It should be "loosed" to the head if that makes any sense. Looks like freshly combed hair...

Don't worry, this will all be sorted out by the time it's released. I'm pretty sure Hot Toys knows that this could be another cash cow so they will make sure that they get this as right as possible.

I honestly cannot find anything to complain about on this figure. I think the hair, face, and tailoring are top notch.

Try it again, Edward....I had similar feelings about it after I saw it on opening night....went and saw it again at the drive-in last night (double-featured with CA:WS!) and I really ended up liking it a lot moe. Yes it's different than the Marvel stuff we've seen up to now....but once you can get past that...it really works.

So glad I threw an order in for this figure before I saw the movie....now it's wait listed. But considering it's a big hit now, I'd say it's a given that HT will re-visit this character again...maybe even as a DX....

Damn it you're right! Went in with managed expectations and liked it better second time around. :lol
And look, my waitlist converted! Still not inclined to get the rest of the team though.

Back