Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It amazes me how many people are opting to pose him with the helmet. I wonder if it has to do with being a fan of the series prior to having seen the movie or not. Some may appreciate helmeted Star-Lord from the comics because (I understand) that is how he mostly appears when going into action in print. For me, I had no familiarity with anything to do with GOTG until I saw the movie, and Quill as Star-Lord as a character MADE the movie for me (although the entire cast was strong). I can't imagine not displaying him (at least 90% of the time) with the Pratt HS. I want to take advantage of the light-up feature from time to time, mind you (not ready to give away the alternate topper), but that will be the definite exception.

Or can it simply be that a lot of us are unhappy with the HT Pratt sculpt? I know some are not as impressed as others, but my impression was that the folks who think the likeness is significantly lacking were in the minority...

I world only display him with the helmet. That is because that very visible and very ugly exposed neck joint would be unacceptable to me.

My friend here in town owns a collectible shop and he has Star-Lord in stock. I could get it from him but also love points. And you know, flex pay sounds really good to me right now.

It amazes me how many people are opting to pose him with the helmet. I wonder if it has to do with being a fan of the series prior to having seen the movie or not. Some may appreciate helmeted Star-Lord from the comics because (I understand) that is how he mostly appears when going into action in print. For me, I had no familiarity with anything to do with GOTG until I saw the movie, and Quill as Star-Lord as a character MADE the movie for me (although the entire cast was strong). I can't imagine not displaying him (at least 90% of the time) with the Pratt HS. I want to take advantage of the light-up feature from time to time, mind you (not ready to give away the alternate topper), but that will be the definite exception.

Or can it simply be that a lot of us are unhappy with the HT Pratt sculpt? I know some are not as impressed as others, but my impression was that the folks who think the likeness is significantly lacking were in the minority...

The sculpt could be better but I mainly go with helmeted because my Pratt sculpt is spoken for

94b1Ir1.jpg

Hahaha, good use of the sculpt. I'm super torn - it's this guy or AOU Captain America. I can get Star Lord now, but have to wait for Cap. Star Lord was my first choice, but AOU made me want a Cap on my collection, yet I'll be waiting on him.

I'm so annoyed with OneSixthBruce just refusing to give any information on what's going on with their stock. I wish I could just get my money back from them and buy it from Sideshow (or somewhere else). It seems like everybody who preordered this guy when he first went up has had him for ages...I'm still just sitting here wondering if I'm ever going to get it.

Man those stormtroopers look amazing!
Thanks, was totally focusing on them in this shoot :lol:lol:lol

It's hard to not make the. Look good, light just wraps them so nicely.

Great shots Bransen, love the poses :clap
Thanks man, tried to go for more natural poses this time and it paid off.

Bransen killer photos and poses...I'm thieving some of those fo' shure.

haha go for it but they're still mine :p
But thanks sir!

Back