Hot Toys – MMS255 – Guardians of the Galaxy: 1/6th scale Star-Lord Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy is getting more and more tempting. My funds can go to one figure, really, and I'm trying to decide between Wolverine and Star Lord. Star Lord was my first pick, and I keep coming back to him, but I have wanted to get Wolvie for a while.

This guy is getting more and more tempting. My funds can go to one figure, really, and I'm trying to decide between Wolverine and Star Lord. Star Lord was my first pick, and I keep coming back to him, but I have wanted to get Wolvie for a while.

In all honesty, in my opinion, and this is just my opinion, the Wolverines out now don't do the character justice.

But Star-Lord... Yup :lol

Star Lord is an awesome figure, I was on the fence about ordering him for ages...and now I have him in hand I am so glad that I did - you will not be disappointed if you choose to get him. :)

Modded the Walkman...It looks much better, imo.

IMG_4280-Edit.jpg

I can practically feel the swagger coming off of my screen! Nice! :hi5:

Honestly if I had to keep just 1 this guy would be it. :clap

He really is awesome, but if I had to choose, my Cap: First Avenger would have to stay. If only because he was my original first Hot Toys purchase. Plus, it's Cap. Star-Lord is certainly a standout figure on my shelf though.

In all honesty, in my opinion, and this is just my opinion, the Wolverines out now don't do the character justice.

But Star-Lord... Yup :lol

The DOFP is the best sculpt. My hope is that it gets reused fora figure the retro style outfit from the rest of the film. I know there is the POP toys outfit which is great, but I'm having a hard time biting the bullet on $100+ for just the Jackman headsculpt, even if it is the best one to date.

Star Lord has a lot of presence; I like that in a figure. Thanks for your insight, buddy. :hi5:

Star Lord is an awesome figure, I was on the fence about ordering him for ages...and now I have him in hand I am so glad that I did - you will not be disappointed if you choose to get him. :)

I'm getting there. After finals week and my rewards points kick in, I think the decision will be made in Quill's favor. :yess:

Kev free, that pose pretty much sold me on this figure! Nice!

It amazes me how many people are opting to pose him with the helmet. I wonder if it has to do with being a fan of the series prior to having seen the movie or not. Some may appreciate helmeted Star-Lord from the comics because (I understand) that is how he mostly appears when going into action in print. For me, I had no familiarity with anything to do with GOTG until I saw the movie, and Quill as Star-Lord as a character MADE the movie for me (although the entire cast was strong). I can't imagine not displaying him (at least 90% of the time) with the Pratt HS. I want to take advantage of the light-up feature from time to time, mind you (not ready to give away the alternate topper), but that will be the definite exception.

Or can it simply be that a lot of us are unhappy with the HT Pratt sculpt? I know some are not as impressed as others, but my impression was that the folks who think the likeness is significantly lacking were in the minority...

I knew nothing of GOTG prior to seeing the movie and I pose him with the Pratt head. But I'll be switching it up soon. So I've really no preference between the two.

That being said, the pose I have him in works better with the Pratt sculpt - his smirk brings out his swagger that my pose has.

It amazes me how many people are opting to pose him with the helmet.
I'm not sure I would have purchased this if there was no helmeted sculpt option. The Pratt sculpt is okay, but it looks off enough to bug me a bit. With the helmet on there are no likeness issues with that, so I can simply enjoy the figure.

Back