1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault

Just got an email from a seller in Hong Kong on ebay answering my question when this figure is going to be released.

Q2 2014 is the estimated release date.

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault

Just posted to Hot Toys FB page. And yes, there IS the Dora the Explorer watch! Awesome.

526799_10151516707977344_589684500_n.jpg

1006268_10151516708032344_1322636967_n.jpg

Great pic! I think I'll tie a fishing line to his waist and hang him from my ceiling in a flight pose :lol

This announcement has made me rethink what I want from the Iron Man 3 line!

After the announcement that the new armours would be regular MMS and not diecast I wanted to get all of them... now with this I don't know what to get!

I love this figure so I will probably get it and maybe the Silver Centurion and Heartbreaker. Igor and Gemini (Starboost) will have to be missed.

Ever since I got Blade as my second figure I love them so much more if they come with loads of accessories and this one does so I cannot wait to get this guy and the Mandarin. (plus the Mech Test 2.0)

Man, so my plan is to flip the Robot from Mech test 2 for the Headsculpt and a couple of accessories from this. Hopefully they net out closely.

While some people are happy about this Tony Stark figure, even more people are likely even happier about that guy in the background.

998850_686628398020089_1325336513_n.jpg

Unfortuantely the Ninja Bruce is a custom. :( And so is the Strark figure on the left.

Wait, this is important. I know the watch is there, but is Dora actually on it??

:exactly: Indeed, we must know (not that I won't buy it for that reason alone, but I'm very very curious).

Have to admit this figure is growing on me a little. This along with the Silver Centurion are both pretty cool. If the price is right I may consider this guy. He looks pretty badass to me and I like the accessories it comes with. Plus really Iron Man 3 felt more like a Tony Stark movie than an Iron Man movie so this kind of fits. The only weird thing if I get this figure is that I don't have a regular Iron Man armor to go with it :lol

Last edited:

Absolute must-have figure to go along in a setup with the Madarin!

Really happy they make this one, like it over the MMS191 as all the "homemade" accesories are so Stark typical and bring a lot of interesting details to look at.

Just posted to Hot Toys FB page. And yes, there IS the Dora the Explorer watch! Awesome.

526799_10151516707977344_589684500_n.jpg

(...)

Thanks for sharing this pic!

Last edited:

If this is around like $210 or so I'll probably get it. I'm thinking it should be less than the Mech Test version because that one comes with a lot more armor pieces and the big stand plus the robotic camera and stuff.

ejiot2.jpg

They only gave me one at first then I had to talk to him again and got my second one :)

25g6yp5.jpg

2igopya.jpg

Another figure from Iron Man, meanwhile... other franchises get snubbed...

...again! :lol

we need MORE iron man!!!! :panic:

you can't blame hot toys. blame the collectors that keep buying them!!!!! :lecture

I'd argue that this is THE definitive IM3 figure by far, so I honestly don't know why you'd be so astounded.

yes definitive....behind IGOR and heartbreaker...and probably gemini and silver centurion....and wait, the mandarin looks like a sleeper...and the M42 die cast with probably the BEST RDJ sculpt to date. don't get me wrong, i will be buying this one because it's awesome. but it also has some pretty good competition to be considered the definitive piece for IM3.

so when is sideshow putting this up for sale? hmmmm???

yes definitive....behind IGOR and heartbreaker...and probably gemini and silver centurion....and wait, the mandarin looks like a sleeper...and the M42 die cast with probably the BEST RDJ sculpt to date. don't get me wrong, i will be buying this one because it's awesome. but it also has some pretty good competition to be considered the definitive piece for IM3.
I dunno, while some of the armors are cooler than this piece I would argue that this is really a better representation of Iron Man 3. The film really was more Tony centric and wasn't so much about him being Iron Man. I liked all the armors you mentioned, particularly the Silver Centurion though. The Mark XLII was a massive disappointment if you ask me.

If those receipts for the deposits taken are anywhere close to the US dollar price for this figure and the Silver Centurion I could see myself considering both.

Back