1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault

You've maybe been looking at the prototype images for workshop Tony.
The recent images are of a far better likeness.

Does anyone have any idea on pricing on this item?

Re: Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (Mandarin Mansion Assault

Does anyone have any idea on pricing on this item?

I thought someone said he'd be around $220? Since it's less complex to make than the armors it should be cheaper even with all the accessories I'd imagine. :dunno

just dropped a apo on one six bruce for this. So far 3 items from the film for me

I thought someone said he'd be around $220? Since it's less complex to make than the armors it should be cheaper even with all the accessories I'd imagine. :dunno
Hoping it is less than $220 but I'd probably pay at least that. Cool version of the character if you ask me. Pretty basic figure too so I don't see a reason it should be a lot unless they're just wanting to milk Iron Man fans.

I can't find it right now, but someone had posted a photo of this poster yesterday with pricing, and this figure was only $1,380 HKD (translated to $178 USD). I can't believe he'd be that "cheap" (dare I use that word?)

1003335_10200356879629931_1458988374_n.jpg

Then again it also said the Silver Centurian suit was $1,580 ($204) and I can't imagine that figure being that low either. Unless Google's money conversion is way off.

Heartbreaker was about the same price but they still charge us $250. So we still pay $50 higher than people in HK.

I guess shipping to the states, if we bought a figure from HK, would roughly add up to $250

Last edited:

I guess shipping to the states if we bought a figure from HK would roughly add up to $250

Yeah we pay international shipping on top of domestic shipping :lol Do you folks in CA have to pay taxes on top on shipping too?

I can't find it right now, but someone had posted a photo of this poster yesterday with pricing, and this figure was only $1,380 HKD (translated to $178 USD). I can't believe he'd be that "cheap" (dare I use that word?)

1003335_10200356879629931_1458988374_n.jpg

Then again it also said the Silver Centurian suit was $1,580 ($204) and I can't imagine that figure being that low either. Unless Google's money conversion is way off.
I used a currency converter and got the same prices you did. I'm sure either Hot Toys or Sideshow marks these figures up for markets in other areas of the world. I'd love if this figure was $178 but I doubt it.

That's HK prices, we get roughly a $30-$50 increase on the prices they get charged so I'm guessing Tony will be about $230 and Silver Centurian to be about $250.

Import tax PER FIGURE will be close to 20%. But that may be calculated on the gross price before retail. And net difference between the price seen on those posters for peeps who are lucky enough to stay in downtown HK and the price we would be charged from Sideshow are HK price + Import Tax + Profit Margin = SS price.
It's not hard to see how that cost will rise from $180 to $240 very easily.

Yeah the markups make sense even though it sucks. I can't see it being too high though as a figure like Barney Ross is $205ish and is a basic plain clothed figure with two outfits and comes with a bunch more. Tony Stark is a more popular character probably but still it shouldn't be a lot more than $220-$230

Yeah we pay international shipping on top of domestic shipping :lol Do you folks in CA have to pay taxes on top on shipping too?

If you live in California, you pay tax on EVERYTHING. So the answer is yes.

I'm not sure about other states, but in CA you pay sales tax on the "suggested retail price" of a cell phone. So it's not uncommon to pay $50 for a cell phone, but pay sales tax on $700.

I'm not sure about other states, but in CA you pay sales tax on the "suggested retail price" of a cell phone. So it's not uncommon to pay $50 for a cell phone, but pay sales tax on $700.

Ok I see. I was asking because I think most online dealers are based in CA. So we have the advantage of tax free buying online most of the time.

But they'll only charge the tax if you are a resident, right?
I ordered some stuff from a place in LA and they didn't charge me any crazy taxes.

Yeah, CA has it rough, relatively speaking. Kinda imbues an entitlement complex because so much money goes to the state in the name of the greater good, and yet we still have shoddy infrastructure. :slap Such is the challenge of having so many people.

But they'll only charge the tax if you are a resident, right?
I ordered some stuff from a place in LA and they didn't charge me any crazy taxes.

Right, within the US typically you only pay salex tax if the company you are buying from has a business in your state. However they are working on changing that. For example we never used to pay sales tax on purchases from Amazon, and now we do. They claim it gives etailers an "unfair advantage".

Right, within the US typically you only pay salex tax if the company you are buying from has a business in your state. However they are working on changing that. For example we never used to pay sales tax on purchases from Amazon, and now we do. They claim it gives etailers an "unfair advantage".

God Bless America.
:lol

Well I pre-ordered this guy with a £35 deposit from a UK seller. See what the final damage is and decide if I can keep him.

in the Netherlands shipping is always 25$ with SideShow, after i get the package, in 1 or 2 weeks ususally i get a invoice for the tax (21% + clearing costs) on the figure.. usually around 50-60 euro's.

In the end the Euro prices are the same as the Dollar price when you add all of the extra costs..

Back