1/6 Hot Toys – MMS209 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Tony Stark (The Mechanic}

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem to be gone now. Keep trying though, this was a SDCC promotion, I doubt it was meant to be up for such a short period of time. I'm guessing it will work again soon, but that's just my guess.

This guy is now on wait list. No more coupons or discounts and could be gone for good.

My first Hot Toy; started it all and I love it still. It's a great introductory piece, especially around $160. I think Hot Toys would be well served to release figures like this. Civilian variants would be a good option, and use them effectively as bait. Let those timid try them out for a more reasonable price. I guarantee they would reel in future sales for items of such nature. Plus sales from completionists and normal collectors couldn't be ignored

It does seem to be gone now. Keep trying though, this was a SDCC promotion, I doubt it was meant to be up for such a short period of time. I'm guessing it will work again soon, but that's just my guess.

Just used this code last night to get him for $160 shipped. Didn't realize this just switched to Waitlist now. Perhaps its value will rise....

Thinking about getting this for my friend who LOVES Tony Stark. Think she'll like it? Plus...at $162 shipped and I get double rewards.....

Thinking about getting this for my friend who LOVES Tony Stark. Think she'll like it? Plus...at $162 shipped and I get double rewards.....

Just my opinion...

I had this as well as the MMS191 Tony Stark and rather regret getting it. To me the MMS191 is so much better. My brother liked The Mechanic so I gave it to him.

A huge Iron Man fan would say get it. If that is you then go for it. The price is good. I had a friend who was selling his for like $120. He wasn't a big fan of it either. One thing that I liked about this release is the accessories. If you don't have a Tony Stark in your collection then go for it.

Again just my opinion.

Just my opinion...

I had this as well as the MMS191 Tony Stark and rather regret getting it. To me the MMS191 is so much better. My brother liked The Mechanic so I gave it to him.

A huge Iron Man fan would say get it. If that is you then go for it. The price is good. I had a friend who was selling his for like $120. He wasn't a big fan of it either. One thing that I liked about this release is the accessories. If you don't have a Tony Stark in your collection then go for it.

Again just my opinion.

Thanks for the advice! My friend is the biggest Tony Stark/ Iron Man/ Robert Downey Jr. fan. She even dressed up as the mechanic for Halloween a few years back. She has been wanting this for a LONG time. I think that would be the coolest thing to get for her. Plus...I get the rewards points. I think I will order it for her. I can't pass up on getting this for her.

Thanks for the advice! My friend is the biggest Tony Stark/ Iron Man/ Robert Downey Jr. fan. She even dressed up as the mechanic for Halloween a few years back. She has been wanting this for a LONG time. I think that would be the coolest thing to get for her. Plus...I get the rewards points. I think I will order it for her. I can't pass up on getting this for her.

Oh. That changes everything.

If its a gift and your friend loves the character, then 100% go for it. I was not a big fan of how the Stealth Cap came out but wanted the Steve Rogers figure. I'm a huge fan of Cap and when my wife got it for me, I was thrilled.

I'm sure she'll love it!! It's a great figure plus you'll be getting your reward points too :) Good price too!

What an awesome friend you are!! :clap :rock

I'll play the antithesis; this figure was my first Hot Toy and set a standard for me. It may seem simple but executes everything so well that it really is the perfect Tony Piece to me. A few things:
-The armor allows you to showcase that he's still Iron Man, but Tony is what makes it tick.
-The accessories, man; I love all the bits and bobbles he comes with, and I honestly say that set a standard for me. When figures don't have a plethora of goodies I'm a bit disappointed because I started collecting these with a figure loaded with them.
-I am a sucker for "the face under the mask" figures, and this truly harkens back to some of the coolest toys from when I was a kid that idealised that concept.
-Yes, he's in "plain clothes" but let me tell you, it is done perfectly. While there isn't anything "elaborate" like a suit for Cap, everything on this guy is just tailored to perfection.

Get her the gift. She'll love it, you'll love it, and it'll just be a fun time all around.

I just got the figure today, after using the discount, and I can't help but feel I got a returned figure. I can't put my finger on it, because all the limbs were still wrapped in plastic, and everything seems to be in good condition, but something seems off.
Firstly, the plastic tab separating the arm batteries wasn't in all the way, and the batteries are flat dead. The tab for the body WAS in place, but those batteries are dead, too.
But I may be looking too much into it. There is, however, an indent in the plastic that holds the guns, that looks like it's supposed to hold a clip, but it's empty. Looking over the pics, it seems like everything is here, and the gun doesn't have a curved clip, so can anyone tell me WHAT, if anything, is supposed to be in that spot?

IMG_1805.JPG

I got the EX a year ago, the spot in the packaging looks like it's just there to keep the two pieces of plastic connected before the tape is applied. There was no curved clip included with the figure, but on the EX I believe there was a section in that part of the packaging for the homemade repulser.

The batteries being dead could just be due to how long the figure was in their warehouse, and Hot Toy's use of crappy batteries.

Back