Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hot toys was willing to replace my amazing spiderman, even though i didnt buy it through an official channel

but

i dont want a new ed with the same dome issue

Yep, that's how I feel.

I talked to my retailer and he's a bit pissed off.
He'll get in touch with his retailer.

I don't want a redund, but I also don't want a replacement with rotting rubber.

Somewhere deep within the bowels of HT headquarters, someone quickly changes figure description to "Battle Damaged", continues pretending nothing is wrong, lights cigar off burning hundred dollar bill.

(sigh)

:banghead

I suggest everybody check their ed 209´s.
Last night, I didn´t see anything. This morning I checked again with better lighting and saw dozens of tiny cracks.

No amount of photos and videos and different people experiencing it will be evidence enough for that guy. If it isn't happening to his ED-209 it isn't happening. And even if it does happen he probably won't admit to it. He's like Hot Toys own Comical Ali.

Why he positions himself as such who knows.

Last edited:
No amount of photos and videos and different people experiencing it will be evidence enough for that guy. If it isn't happening to his ED-209 it isn't happening. And even if it does happen he probably won't admit to it. He's like Hot Toys own Comical Ali.

Why he positions himself as such who knows.

It could be an act. Who knows, either way, I blocked him so I don't have to see his lame-o-posts.

What's funny, is once pictures and videos are shown, doesn't it cease to be Anecdotal evidence? LOL

Technically you need competent, statistical analysis of a wide range of distinct, reliable source data, for evidence to no longer be called 'anecdotal' (although statistical analysis is a whole other bag of worms).

However in layman's terms, most people would regard lots of current photos and videos from a considerable number of distinct and separate sources as cause for concern.. as opposed to a story someone told them, in a pub a couple of years ago, about a toy belonging to a friend's cousin's tennis coach.. which should correctly be regarded as an 'anecdote', without corroborating evidence.

One does have to bear in mind that the internet means you are likely to hear about bad stuff faster and more often, than good news.. because peeps tend to be considerably more vocal about problems.. that said, the individual on Hot Toys Facebook page, appears unaware that 'denial' is not just a river in Africa.. of course the deeper he digs his hole, the less space he has to step away from his shovel.. and it is a pretty deep hole, so there may not be enough light for him to see his evidence is also anecdotal.

So shouldn`t HT have a friggin prototype wich was made a good time before production starts? That started to show this problem once again, in their own turf! Or they made it with better quality for show!?

Realy wanted this, but now i just can`t and won`t buy it! ####!!!!!

I looked at mine as well, not really visible to naked eye. But with bright iphone light can see the tiny stress marks on the rubber joint sections. Barely there, but they are starting to show.

Spoke with the distributor I bought from and they replied that they're no longer dealing with Sideshow... I've heard in the past that SSC is pretty ruthless w/their distributors, so maybe that has something to do w/it. Anyway, he told me to deal directly w/SSC, but I know they'll play the old 'you didn't buy from us direct' thing (not to mention, the rot has not yet set in on mine, anyway). Pretty sure I'm SOL.

Yeah mine has small streaks marks on the leg rubber too and I know there is tiny crack somewhere on the dome its just too hard to see right now.
Will SSC refund me for this?

What's funny, is once pictures and videos are shown, doesn't it cease to be Anecdotal evidence? LOL

Quite right. Once the evidence has been recorded on any form of media it's documentary evidence i.e. it has been documented. That clown is throwing terms around he doesn't even understand. Flat Earth theorist syndrome, I'm afraid. Just no convincing them unless they can personally see it. And even then...

So shouldn`t HT have a friggin prototype wich was made a good time before production starts? That started to show this problem once again, in their own turf! Or they made it with better quality for show!?

Realy wanted this, but now i just can`t and won`t buy it! ####!!!!!

that prototype on display WAS showing a rotting dome. hence, the expected knee jerk reaction before its release. i was one of those worried as hell before this was released. $$$$ for the same **** to happen again, and its HT and their track record. then the good news poured in, its not like the old dome....too early to say, cause its worst than the old dome.

Back