Hot Toys – MMS204 - The 1/6th scale ED-209 Collectible

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't expect HT will take responsibility about the dome, i send them a message with pics and this is what they have to say

"Thanks for your support to ED 209 of Hot Toys.
Please kindly note that after-sales service will only be provided for first-hand purchase via official channels.
After-sales service is not applicable for purchase on online auction sites (e.g. eBay, Yahoo) and unofficial channels.
For the next time, we highly recommend that can purchase from our official dealer that after-sales service can be guaranteed

We are sorry that replacement cannot be offered for your case.
Thanks,
TF/ Hot Toys Ltd"

i told them that i brought my figure new from this store in HK https://www.tnsfigures.com/

anyway I was not going to send it back for 100$ just to get the same crap again ( and also you can find it cheaper on ebay include shipping, like this

but i just wanted to see what they have to say

So what does HT consider an official channel? I guess in North America, that would be Sideshow and that's it? Where do comic book stores and places like Urban Samurai and Toys Square (in Canada) fit in?

My hearts breaking. Not only is my dome cracking. But I checked the joints and boom :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just checked mine, same problem (on the leg rubber), will upload pics soon

if someone still think to buy this, don't! this is a piece pf junk for 400$ ( you can find the same in the trash for free :panic: )

So what does HT consider an official channel? I guess in North America, that would be Sideshow and that's it? Where do comic book stores and places like Urban Samurai and Toys Square (in Canada) fit in?

this is what i was thinking when they send me the message, what can i say, the joke is on us

Ugh. Brutal. So is it climate that's starting this? I don't have one issue with mine and I've had it since April.

I've had mine roughly the same amount of time. I live in a pretty decent climate area here in SoCal. But it doesn't seem like that's a factor in this situation, environments vary from collector to collector and it seems to be happening all over the spectrum

So if you ordered with Timcent (ebay) you'll be SOL presumably?

Unless he brings it back to HT and accepts it as a return from you. He did that for me before with an Enterbay figure.

I argued with HT about "their official channel" ******** before. I stressed to them that there are no official channels in this part of the world,
In the end they replaced my dX02 body for me. That was a long time ago though, when they still actually cared (or pretended to care) about their customers.

Who cares what's causing it anyway. The mere fact that its happening again despite years of warning is ridiculous enough. Its indefensible.

So if you ordered with Timcent (ebay) you'll be SOL presumably?
Yeah, it's really difficult to imagine any distributor aside from Sideshow taking these back. :( I'm going to go unpack mine now... If the deterioration is obvious enough, maybe I can go crawling to my CC company (not for "breakage" but just it not being fit for purpose). Damn, HT. Have to say I am strongly considering cancelling Robo, now, too. I don't want to get stuck holding the bag again and they don't deserve the sale.

My hearts breaking. Not only is my dome cracking. But I checked the joints and boom :(

6u2azene.jpg
l

The horrible sound feature we could overlook, the deteriorating dome can be replaced but how is THIS even acceptable? I don't even think the 1st ED209 had this issue. FU Hot Toys.

The horrible sound feature we could overlook, the deteriorating dome can be replaced but how is THIS even acceptable? I don't even think the 1st ED209 had this issue. FU Hot Toys.

Well that area is slightly peeling away from the plastic leg on my old ED-209, I was never up in arms over that though. Or even the dome on the first release. They wanted to innovate, they went with rubber and it didn't work out too well as it turned out. But lessons should have been learned when making the new one.

6u2azene.jpg
l

My god, what the hell!? I just checked the rubber leg joints on mine and still no problem. I know it's yet to come though, surely =\

Is sideshow the only verified distributor of hot toys worldwide? If so a lot of people are going to be upset as they'll pretty much have no comeback on returning the figure or getting a replacement.

What a bunch of horse****!

Again, has anyone contacted SSC regarding an ED209 without any problems as of NOW? I have, but I haven't gotten any answers yet... Hence the reason I'm asking. I would assume that damage must be present before returning it, even though we know it's going to happen sooner or later anyway..

Is sideshow the only verified distributor of hot toys worldwide? If so a lot of people are going to be upset as they'll pretty much have no comeback on returning the figure or getting a replacement.
Yeah, that's what I'm curious about. I'm waiting to hear back from Urban Samurai, as I know they buy from Sideshow. You'd think Sideshow would have the same return process with them as they would direct to the customer, but it's difficult to say. Just unpacked my ED and it's in great condition, likely to being boxed-up all this time. I have nowhere appropriate to display it at the moment, but wondering if I should leave it out of the box (no direct sunlight, etc.,) and just see what develops. Looks like I'll run out of time w/my CC protection before ED goes to pot, though.

I just signed up to get in the line of people with cracked domes.
I hate Hot Toys.
Is anybody going to start a specific thread about this?
I´m from germany and bought via amiami.

hot toys was willing to replace my amazing spiderman, even though i didnt buy it through an official channel

but

i dont want a new ed with the same dome issue

I don't know if we need a special thread.

This figure is all about cracks and rotting robber now.

Aaand a bad sound feature. ;)

Back