Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it helps you guys from the states cope with waiting for despatch, mine is *still* in China! ordered FROM China! technically should have had it a long time ago but unlikely to have it until long after most of you have yours.

Ah well. It will arrive eventually but on this one there was no such thing as a quick route for anyone. Unless you bought from Budget Stark or similar.

Totally agree. The figures a no brainer from the official shots but the in hand reviews just kill it for me.

Makes me scared to death of what the in hand BD version will look like :yuck

The shots of it from Cons look like the greatest likeness they've ever produced.

The silver makes the figure look toyish and removes the realism that was present in the proto. Funny how the colour was fine and not a issues during its two SDCC appearances...

Looks like the BD version covered its ass from surprises!

The silver makes the figure look boyish and removes the realism that was present in the pro to. Funny how the colour was fine and not a issues during its two SDCC appearances

Fixing things that aren't broken to the point of breaking them :slap

If it helps you guys from the states cope with waiting for despatch, mine is *still* in China! ordered FROM China! technically should have had it a long time ago but unlikely to have it until long after most of you have yours.

Ah well. It will arrive eventually but on this one there was no such thing as a quick route for anyone. Unless you bought from Budget Stark or similar.

Have you ordered from China before? There wont be any movement except for that it was accepted til it actually arrives in the US. At least it's on its way. c",) I'd say about 10 to 14 days.

Have there been any regular pics of this posted? I'm talking room lighting and nothing else. Pretty much everything I've seen is really heavily lit.

Have there been any regular pics of this posted? I'm talking room lighting and nothing else. Pretty much everything I've seen is really heavily lit.

This is the best video review I've seen -- should give you a pretty good idea, it's what sold me but it's not in english. If you just want to see the paint apps/finish, go to @ 11 min mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5DulJoBSKM

Still no shipping notice yet. For everyone that's getting their figure shipped, are you getting the chair or normal version?

I ordered the regular version without the chair. Mine shipped yesterday, but I did not receive a shipping confirmation email from Sideshow.

Have you ordered from China before? There wont be any movement except for that it was accepted til it actually arrives in the US. At least it's on its way. c",) I'd say about 10 to 14 days.

Yep, I have all 4 of the MJ "Hot Toys" figures all from China, I think all from Loonten actually haha. It's just one of those things were it's taken so long with so many delays you can't be arsed waiting any longer. I'm not worried at all, it will arrive eventually.

I am in impatient person. God knows how I will survive the 15 year wait for the BD version.

Still very tempted by this figure but every time I look up reviews that stupid chrome body irks me. Who's going to be the first one to paint this damned thing? lol

The chrome is ugly as bawz. Such a let down from the fantastic prototype paint.

Totally agree. The figures a no brainer from the official shots but the in hand reviews just kill it for me.

Makes me scared to death of what the in hand BD version will look like :yuck

The shots of it from Cons look like the greatest likeness they've ever produced.

The silver makes the figure look toyish and removes the realism that was present in the proto. Funny how the colour was fine and not a issues during its two SDCC appearances...

Looks like the BD version covered its ass from surprises!

Fixing things that aren't broken to the point of breaking them :slap

I fell in love with the figure in the promo pics, but Robo looked even more screen accurate at the cons. This is the figure we should be getting, perfect armor, perfect skin.

I would've bought at least two of these, maybe three, easy. It would've been the definitive Robo to own. Seeing these pics makes me want to.... :gah:

Something must have happened to the paint during production. HT couldn't replicate it on a mass-scale because it was either too difficult or too expensive to do so.

RoboCop V3, 2022, anybody?

betterrobo1.jpg

betterrobo2.jpg

betterrobo3.jpg

betterrobo4.jpg

betterrobo5.jpg

betterrobo6.jpg

betterrobo7.jpg

betterrobo8.jpg

Hi fellow freaks

Need your advice. Been reading the forum and understand that in certain cases it may be better to use coupon rather than ssc reward points and vice versa. I guess this is due to discount reduces rp earned? And coupons can't stack with free shipping?

I want to order robocop $299 + $19 shipping + $15rp. I have $57rp saved up.

1) should i purchase now and use my RP? Given that RP earned is only $15 for this figure, difference is $1.80; 5% of ($299-$20off) vs 5% of ($299-$57rp)

2) Black Friday is approaching as well, should I wait for coupons, deals, rp codes? Given that robo is still under preorder on ssc site, and won't be receiving it anytime soon if I order it now, might as well wait for the event?

I am new to this SSC rewards program so any comments is appreciated!

I fell in love with the figure in the promo pics, but Robo looked even more screen accurate at the cons. This is the figure we should be getting, perfect armor, perfect skin.

I would've bought at least two of these, maybe three, easy. It would've been the definitive Robo to own. Seeing these pics makes me want to.... :gah:

Something must have happened to the paint during production. HT couldn't replicate it on a mass-scale because it was either too difficult or too expensive to do so.

View attachment 144307

Its a bait and switch job imo. The paint on the final version lets the whole figure down. Theres no getting over the fact that it just looks wrong and makes the figure look more like a battlestar galactica cylon then Robocop. I couldn't take any of those youtube reviews seriously because I kept saying to myself hey just look at the paintjob its all wrong and yet they were all waxing lyrical about the figure without pointing out its most glaring fault.

Looking at those proto pics above makes it an even bigger letdown because that's how it should have looked and that's the paintjob we should have gotten. Instead we got this:

Last edited:

View attachment 144298

View attachment 144301

View attachment 144302

View attachment 144303

View attachment 144304

View attachment 144305

View attachment 144306

View attachment 144307

Such a goddamn shame. Depresses me how awesome it looks in those photos. Hopefully, it looks passable in hand.

Its a bait and switch job imo. The paint on the final version lets the whole figure down. Theres no getting over the fact that it just looks wrong and makes the figure look more like a battlestar galactica cylon then Robocop. I couldn't take any of those youtube reviews seriously because I kept saying to myself hey just look at the paintjob its all wrong and yet they were all waxing lyrical about the figure without pointing out its most glaring fault.

Looking at those proto pics above makes it an even bigger letdown because that's how it should have looked and that's the paintjob we should have gotten. Instead we got this:

You couldn't be more right.

Back