Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah the colour is very inconsistent between the pictures...mostly it seems very silver/grey but in certain shots has a similar effect of the purple blue in the movies.
Seems like this occurs in the more darker setted shots.

Agreed with all sir.

Yeah I knew the ''dead or alive'' quote didn't sound like what I was used to, did they forget that he said that while he was Robocop?

PERHAPS in the scene at the gas station there was too much interfering sound.
Was the gar hose on the fuel pump already damaged and gas squishing out?
Probably that's the reason why they took the other line...

I am almost 100% certain that they graded down diecast parts due to massive problems in manufacturing.
That's probably the reason why we had so many delays.

I am somehow worried because of the rubber joint sleeves, but on the old figure and the IM figures they are holding up great.

I am almost 100% certain that they graded down diecast parts due to massive problems in manufacturing.
That's probably the reason why we had so many delays.

I am somehow worried because of the rubber joint sleeves, but on the old figure and the IM figures they are holding up great.

Interesting theory. I'm going with RoboCop's fat metallic ass was just too damn heavy for the chair. So they had to cut-cut-cut down the percentage of diecast parts.

If you look at convention shots, you can see a clear, plastic pole positioned underneath the chair to offer additional support. To those of you getting the chair, I wouldn't have Robo sitting in it for too long.

Interesting theory. I'm going with RoboCop's fat metallic ass was just too damn heavy for the chair. So they had to cut-cut-cut down the percentage of diecast parts.

Possibly. Can't use the dynamic stands with DC IM either IIRC.

If that were the case, good move. If it interferes with posing options it's the right move to dump it.

Enterbay took the line from the gas station, I don't know why Hot Toys couldn't. PERHAPS, they just don't care. :)

140725125197f56f0f6768e272-1.jpg1407251252dc4510d80d18194e.jpg

peter-weller-robocop1.jpg

Also noticed that the battle damaged Robocop prototype seems to be similarly silver/grey as with the majority of the clean die cast Robocop pictures.
I would hope that there is consistency between the 2 Hot Toys figures so that they look better, uniform together.

Yeah the colour is very inconsistent between the pictures...mostly it seems very silver/grey but in certain shots has a similar effect of the purple blue in the movies.
Seems like this occurs in the more darker setted shots.

I really hope the purple blueish tint is more apparent in person. I have a couple different led lights I can experiment with, but that tint was my favorite aspect of the prototype. I'm really disappointed the inner leg gun holster looks so cheap.

Overall it's a solid figure though.

Only Jingobell knows how to take proper pictures of Robocop ! Fantastic photos. Much better than OMG's.

10662020_563381040454261_105977904495938659_o.jpg

1596712_563381317120900_1324134713970165669_o.jpg

10708721_563381310454234_8293836552527223732_o.jpg

1268761_563380777120954_7610838924195378619_o.jpg

1487935_563381503787548_5074267376648577303_o.jpg

Only thing I wasn't a fan of with omg's pics was all the squatting robo was doing

This is the first figure that I feel the need for two of
One with classic robo posed and the other battle damaged posed with ed

Unlikely, Jed.

As long as it's Hoooot Tooooyzzz its all ok with the world. Silver is now ok as long as there's a Mr. Chang signature on the box.

I'm personally thrilled about owning both versions... Even if they are not "realistic" enough.

Realistic.....

Oh I know..... well said man hahahahahaha :D

I'm not getting this figure, but congrats to everyone who is. He looks pretty damn impressive when properly posed. I've got the EB version, which is pretty amazing too, but from the pictures I've seen, this one has definitely got better articulation.

I have gripes with both figures, but whereas they're serious enough for me to pass on the Police Shootout Terminator (even though I love the character), they're not serious enough for me to pass on RoboCop.

No tears...yet.

View attachment 134683

Its the exact opposite for me. I think mms 238 tuned out superbly from the in hand pics and its the figure I'm going to own but the Robocop figure has turned out disappointing. The leg holster, the tanned faceplates, the silver colour and skinny features are too much for me im afraid.

Its the exact opposite for me. I think mms 238 tuned out superbly from the in hand pics and its the figure I'm going to own but the Robocop figure has turned out disappointing. The leg holster, the tanned faceplates, the silver colour and skinny features are too much for me im afraid.
your criticisms have me questioning your avi
Leg holster, although cheap, is a non issue. You might pull it out and pose it from time to time, but i would be willing to bet that majority of the time it stays closed(like my eb version)
Tanned faceplates are a decent criticism although it looks past the awesome face sculpts that nail weller
I agree it's too silver for perfection, but there are some purple and blue hues on the figure
Only thing that looks skinny to me is the quads, but as a robo fan, hardly worth passing the figure over

Back