Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's good.
Robo Cop was silver with mild blue an yes, green accents. A lot of the color was from set lighting.
Robo 2 was super blue and purple.

By releasing a more silver version now, HT can do a Robo 2 repaint later and justify is release because it will be a larger contrast from the 1st.
Screen used robo vs screen used robo2:

It's good.
Robo Cop was silver with mild blue an yes, green accents. A lot of the color was from set lighting.

By releasing a more silver version now, HT can do a Robo 2 repaint later and justify is release because it will be a larger contrast from the 1st.

Way better likeness in every possible way.

I'm kind of tempted to get this guy, even though I've already got the EB 1/4. But if I got this, I'd inevitably want get ED-209 too... Such a slippery slope.

For those who have/had the Ed-209, what exactly was the rubber dome like? Was it a soft sponge-like rubber (like a Nerf football)? If that's the case, I can see why it cracked/deteriorated so quickly. Just curious since I see a lot of you guys worried about the rubber on the Robocop breaking down. And sorry for mentioning "rubber." I know how much anxiety that word can evoke in this thread :lol

Those are not hero costumes. The original suits for the first film were done with a special paint. From 5:39 here you can hear Weller describe the finish "green and blue, it's opalesce";

There's also on-set video of the costume where you can see the colours under different lighting - a world away from the colour of any figure that's been available to buy;

suit4_zpsfb9eec8e.jpg~original

suit11_zpsd659d769.jpg~original

I can well understand people not wanting to spend hundreds importing a piece that is the wrong colour. But I shudder to think how much a screen accurate rendering of that paint would cost, given the cost of producing the actual costume for the film.

Yes, as I stated I'm my post first "the original was blue, and even green"

Those are stunt suits and they reflect the contrast between 1 and 2.

The suit in 1 changes a lot, see the outdoor shots.

Those two pics you posted are pulled from a screen mould, but not screen used. They should be removed as it is going to confuse a lot of people who belive they are screen used.

They show the colour, which is all they were posted for :)
fair enough, didnt mean to sound harsh,but they are a person's representation of what they think it looked like. Those pieces were painted years after robo came out.
...and they are exaggerated and use modern paints.

this conversation has been discussed to death for the last 15 years over at the RPF.
yes, robo 1 was blue and greenish, but considered mostly silver.
Robo2 was blue and purple...VERY blue and purple.

That comparison pic is really useful.

Trying push the possibility of the Enterbay figure here I is. Not as posable as the Hot Toys one but still pretty good.

d6e9b3647fc8e31a011d96218f4a1047.jpg

I do like the Hot toys one so I only posting these images of the Enterbay Robocop we we can discuss.

I am on the fence as to which is better but I sm beginning to lean more towards the Enterbay.

ff52953ecb7eaa50eb30421e210abb12.jpg
65b56054717a577b2119462913418004.jpg
8884d30acebb8dca67e11fa984bd5e60.jpg

The head is super deformed, but the color scheme looks like better on this enterbays Robocop.

It's good.

It's funny, the HT figure using diecast actually makes it more accurate than the film costume. :lol Anyway, I prefer the blue Robocop from the sequels, but I never noticed how drastic the difference really was until I got the Neca Robo 3 figure and saw it next to the first film version. It's too bad the sequels aren't that good. Also, if HT makes a Robocop 2 figure, it will most likely come with the Peter Weller sculpt because he spent a lot more time in the sequel without the helmet, unlike the first film where he only showed his face we he was battle damaged.

face plates look better on enterbays. I've had a few negative things to say about that figure but as looks go I think it's better than Hot Toys even though I think hot toys version will be more solid and poseable.

face plates look better on enterbays. I've had a few negative things to say about that figure but as looks go I think it's better than Hot Toys even though I think hot toys version will be more solid and poseable.

I think I would probably agree with that. Function and quality wise, I feel the Enterbay is a bit ghetto in parts and a bit fiddley like the faceplates and the hands. Not as good on the engineering to summerise but looks wise and on the shelf, I think the Enterbay might be the better looking and more accurate Robocop.

I don't do corporation loyality and pit Hot Toys against Enterbay. All I care about is who makes a better looking figure at the time.

I'm upset that there's no elbow parallel articulation . I've yet to a picture of his arms turning in . Why not hot toys ????

^Not sure if the real robocop could even rotate at the elbows. Both the Neca and EB robocops can't do that either.

Its the exact opposite for me. I think mms 238 tuned out superbly from the in hand pics and its the figure I'm going to own but the Robocop figure has turned out disappointing. The leg holster, the tanned faceplates, the silver colour and skinny features are too much for me im afraid.

Yeah, I don't understand all the hate for the MMS238. It's superb, albeit not as good as the proto but still pretty damn fine. It'll likely be my second HT purchase after I get my first (DX13).

Back