Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I hadn't blown my credibility predicting a HK release last week, I would predict a release this week. Here's hoping we see teaser images in the next few days.

Where is this damn thing.
I really wish they hadn't done a sound feature, or just put it in the stand.

yoda.jpg

:lecture

They could make Cain but ED would still be ****ed. That's not redeeming anything.

Anecdotal evidence.

In seriousness though, I've noticed that ED just came out in the UK, even some of those are on the for sale thread, but they just say "mine is fine".

Do they realize that these things don deteriorate after a while? Anyway, this is a dead topic to me now, I got my refund and I'm happy. Nothing we can do really.

I don't know why HT didn't include the voice clips from the movie for ed 209. Maybe it had something to do with background voices that can be heard in some clips but I believe neca had those clips in theirs so not sure why they did this. Hopefully this version of Robocop won't have some Asian guys voice dubbed for the clips. That would be ridiculous and make the figure laughable.

Anecdotal evidence.

In seriousness though, I've noticed that ED just came out in the UK, even some of those are on the for sale thread, but they just say "mine is fine".

Do they realize that these things don deteriorate after a while? Anyway, this is a dead topic to me now, I got my refund and I'm happy. Nothing we can do really.

Yeah they don't seem to get the concept of gradual deterioration. Everyone's is gonna be fine to start with.

so is hot toys releasing pics this week? didnt know if it was a weekly thing for them

Only HT knows, but there have been very consistent weekly releases for at least the last 2-3 months. Expect blogger teaser pics a day or so before HK release.

I'd rather they redeemed themselves with high quality figures made with high quality materials.

:lecture

They could make Cain but ED would still be ****ed. That's not redeeming anything.

Oh, let it go you two! Hot Toys had a guaranteed military sale with ED-209. Renovation program. Spare parts for 25 years. Who cares if it worked or not?

Where is this damn thing.
I really wish they hadn't done a sound feature, or just put it in the stand.

So do I, it makes this piece seem more like a kid's toy.

If the sound is peter weller I won't mind. Please be him

Yeah but seriously how often are you going to push the button to hear him speak. :huh

Probably only when showing him off to friends and family. All I'm saying is it'll be more worth the wait if it's not some random voice imitating him.

Probably only when showing him off to friends and family. All I'm saying is it'll be more worth the wait if it's not some random voice imitating him.

That's true but it would be good if the mouth moved when he talked, then that would be really something you would want to show off. But I guess that is asking for too much. :eek:

So do I, it makes this piece seem more like a kid's toy.

Yeah but seriously how often are you going to push the button to hear him speak. :huh

I really don't get the logic of that. Because it has sound that makes it toyish. Don't agree with that.
As for how much I will use the sound feature that really depends on the voice quality. I often used the sound
feature on my ED209, I don't have it anymore though lol.

I really don't get the logic of that. Because it has sound that makes it toyish. Don't agree with that.
As for how much I will use the sound feature that really depends on the voice quality. I often used the sound
feature on my ED209, I don't have it anymore though lol.

Well kid's toys have sound features and the reason for that is they like to hear the figure talk a lot when they push the button. So pushing a button to make him talk obviously makes the figure overall more toyish because it is an extra thing to play with. I don't see these figures as things to play with they are just something that looks nice on my shelf. Not saying it is a bad thing but its just a gimmick that we don't need IMO.

Back