Hot Toys – MMS202D04 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right. And based on most videos and photos, Hot Toys delivered this:

I also had that in mind. I actually wasn't worried based on OMGs and Jingo's shots but he looks very very flat silver in Clipper's video despite what Clipper himself is saying about it. That said I don't necessarily not believe Clipper, in hand it will possibly look exactly as it should.

I don't know what some of you guys are seeing in Clipper's video. The paint still looks way too silver. Definitely not dark enough and needs much more blues and purples.

I don't know what some of you guys are seeing in Clipper's video. The paint still looks way too silver. Definitely not dark enough and needs much more blues and purples.

Its not just that the colour of his faceplates are also too dark and swarthy looking. To be honest the figure looks great but the silver paint job is a killer for me. He looks more like this

images

then Robocop with the obvious blue hue. I just can't believe HT would go to all that effort then not get the armour colour or the faceplates the right colour. Disappointing to say the least and a deal breaker for me im afraid. Lets just hope they get the colour right on the battle damaged version.

Last edited:
Yeah this figure seems all over the place with the colour but it doesn't bother me too much....I love Robocop no matter what.
You can even see in clippers vid that when the figure is in the box it definately looks more bluish purple.

Color looks to be all over the place depending on the lighting. It looks too sliver in some shots and then looks fine in others. In the video itself, the moment he opens the cover, you can clearly see all the blue and purple hues on the figure. It then gets washed out when it's being hit directly with the light coming into the room. Think it'll look fine in person under display lighting.

njzF3a2.jpg

Color seems to have an erradescent quality to it, I can see the light purples and blue in it depending on the light from clippers unboxing. Overall from pictures and videos so far it does appear to be overly silver, but this looks like one of the cases that you will have to see it for yourself to truly judge.

i think that's the problem though. The suit is just too silver and its actually distracts from the figure because your saying to yourself something is off about the colour. If your searching for blue and purple hues in a certain light at a certain angle in which you can barely see it then its not the right colour. Robocop is instantly recognisable with the purple and blue hue on his suit which is visible under all light conditions.

robocop suit12.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

The ht prototype actually had the right colour so why they went with the silver finish is a mystery. Ironically hts older Robocop figure was more close in colour to whats seen on screen.

trouble.jpg

Last edited:
Well your not wrong, from what I've seen so far its not a perfect representation to the film color, but what it is, is a really nice figure and I'm all in. I could always enhance the color with my color changing LED lights in my detolf, not that we should have too.

BTW it looks like the BD unmasked version is the same color as this release, at least the proto.

140725125197f56f0f6768e272.jpg

Yeah, I think it looks completely off too. I watched the video and was really disappointed with what I saw.

This is a Sideshow-level fail.

I'm getting this without a doubt, just waiting for the normal release-who really needs the chair?- the figure looks amazing it's just a shame about the colour.
He looks far to silver in all the photographs, even the pro ones, when you see screenshots you can see the depth of colour the suit has in the movie.
Hopefully I hand it will look better, either way it's an awesome piece

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong I agree its an great figure and the likeness to weller is definetly there its just a shame about the colour on the faceplates and armour.

Back