Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Do you have this in hand Rorywan?

A few more pics, I haven't had a chance to spend much time on this guy yet. As you can tell I love the head sculpt.
As you can see, pants not as bad when futzed a bit.
2-71.jpg
1-84.jpg
4-41.jpg
5-35.jpg
6-28.jpg
1-83.jpg

3-62.jpg

Yes, got it a few days ago.

Best pictures I seen Rory. I just cant wait to get my hands on this. Your pictures just bring out the quality of this dolly :)

Great pics Rory! Definitely excited for this guy. :yess:

Reckon it can pull off the "like a boss" pose? Or the articulation is too restrictive?

Pretty sure he can't due to the lack of double-jointed elbows. Honestly I'm excited for the figure so much so that not being able to do the "boss" pose is nowhere near an issue for me at all.

As usual, great stuff from Xeno and Rory.

Thanks guys, your stuff totally enforces why I think this figure will be a sleeper hit.

Anyone think this will be available before March...want to order from SS don't know whether to flex it or not.

I know many have suggested that there doesn't appear to be enough room under the mask for Hardy's nose, and I did initially agree, but the more photos I see, the less I'm concerned:

hardybane.jpg

The mask could stand to be a little farther out but honestly, I'm really liking this portrait as is.

(Great shots Rory - hope you don't mind me using one for comparison)

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but with respect to the mask not having sufficient room for a nose, keep in mind that Bane was severely beaten while he was in the pit & the doctor subsequently did a hack job repairing the damage (hence the need for the mask in the first place). Given that, I have no issue with how this looks, as it's plausible to think Bane might not have much of a nose left under there anyway. Obviously Hardy does have a nose, hence the difference.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but with respect to the mask not having sufficient room for a nose, keep in mind that Bane was severely beaten while he was in the pit & the doctor subsequently did a hack job repairing the damage (hence the need for the mask in the first place). Given that, I have no issue with how this looks, as it's plausible to think Bane might not have much of a nose left under there anyway. Obviously Hardy does have a nose, hence the difference.

This is another one of those let me theorize and compensate by adding that he took a fictitious beating which completely makes sense that Hot Toys would of rightfully come to the conclusion that they could cut a corner by saying forget sculpting the nose bridge, he probably had that **** ripped off anyways.

But it wasn't as if we ever saw a flatter suface under Bane's mask where the nose bridge SHOULD be. There was more to it than this flat concave indention.

This is just like the we should accept a smaller Bane figure because Hardy isn't that big in real life argument. Give me the figure I saw in the movie!

Should I settle for a Ra's al ghul figure that doesn't have a mustache because Liam Neeson didn't have one in Taken 2? Granted that question is a little bit off the beaten path but you can understand my outrage
hopefully.

Also the two comparison images above don't really help the situation. The Bane figure image has a shadow covering the nose bridge area, and also that angle of a shot can easily hide the lack of nose. You need to take a look at a side profile shot.

Last edited:

This is another one of those let me theorize and compensate by adding that he took a fictitious beating which completely makes sense that Hot Toys would of rightfully come to the conclusion that they could cut a corner by saying forget sculpting the nose bridge, he probably had that **** ripped off anyways.

But it wasn't as if we ever saw a flatter suface under Bane's mask where the nose bridge SHOULD be. There was more to it than this flat concave indention.

This is just like the we should accept a smaller Bane figure because Hardy isn't that big in real life argument. Give me the figure I saw in the movie!

Should I settle for a Ra's al ghul figure that doesn't have a mustache because Liam Neeson didn't have one in Taken 2? Granted that question is a little bit off the beaten path but you can understand my outrage
hopefully.

Also the two comparison images above don't really help the situation. The Bane figure image has a shadow covering the nose bridge area, and also that angle of a shot can easily hide the lack of nose. You need to take a look at a side profile shot.

The mask is off but I'm okay with that. Also, I want the Hardy figure, not the stylized hybrid version of the stuntman/Hardy/imagination. I still think the sculpt looks closer to Hardy than Joker 2.0 does to Ledger so whatever. I buy these because they look so realistic so I'm not that interested in a "bigger" bane. I wish joker's eyebrows didn't come out so far either. I know its more menacing but Ledger didnt look like that.

Having said that, I will contradict myself and say that I want Anne Hathaways figure to have a nice butt. The lesson is: Everybody wants different things and we can't please everyone.

Pretty sure he can't due to the lack of double-jointed elbows. Honestly I'm excited for the figure so much so that not being able to do the "boss" pose is nowhere near an issue for me at all.

I expect to feel the same way. He looks good a lot of other ways

Great photo's as always rory! Thanks for the uploads man.

:clap:exactly::goodpost:

Overall the shape is just off. The upper portion of his mask should be longer, which would have taken care of the goofy "missing nose" look. The mask is actually missing some details in the center "mouth" area, too.

Rory those photos have just increase my excitement for this figure! :panic: Now if anyone wants to make a custom pair of trousers i'd be in for some :lol :wave

how can it be a "fictitious beating" when it's shown in the film?

how can it be a "fictitious beating" when it's shown in the film?

Because they didn't show anybody rip his nose off. They showed bandages. Just because he had bandages on his face, doesn't mean he didn't have a nose. If you're going by that, you could also suggest that he had his lips/cheeks ripped off as well.

Nobody in the film ever said anything about him consequently looking like a jack o lantern.

Plus, I would like to believe that if there was damage done to his nose, his mask would envelope his nasal area better than that. To me it only looks like a simple bridge piece that isn't devised for any other reason but to help keep the mask on his face.

so the beating isn't fictitious, but the alleged nose-ripping is.

got it.

That nose **** bugs me. Hopefully there'll be a DX or EB takes a shot.

Back