Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same here. I didn't like TDKR at all, but I dug Bane from a comedic standpoint, which the various spoofs and overdubs have simply reinforced.

I need Bane, simply because he amuses me, greatly.

Man I feel really sorry for you, you would shell out all that money because he amuses you, bane joker and ras particular joker and bane, have been if not the best villains on screen in superhero movies ever piss all over Loki, Nicholson joker penguin even cat woman, can't wait to get this fig bane completed a great trilogy

Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

The only thing i really hate are those Lapel button poppers being black they could have atleast made them brown. There really is no need for them to be honest. Banes lapels were hardly ever/if at all that flat they more or less always stuck up.

Still a great looking figure, as for the vest i will have to endure it as i want the jumper on him.

First thing I am doing is taking off the vest to get the brown shirt on underneath. That looks awesome. Thanks for sharing the video review Xeno.

Thanks again Xeno for another great review. Sorry about the button on the jacket. Oh and for a request do you think you could read this at the beginning of your next video:rotfl

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Im totally joking for the record:1-1:

Thanks again Xeno for another great review. Sorry about the button on the jacket. Oh and for a request do you think you could read this at the beginning of your next video:rotfl

Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

love that part in V for Vendetta. That would be a ***** to memorize :lol

Haha - because he's got Wayne's on his head?

love that part in V for Vendetta. That would be a ***** to memorize :lol

Oh it is. I memorized it a few years ago out of sheer Boredom. To this day my brother still ask me every now and again if I still have it memorized, and I spout it off for him. I just love the way Xeno pronounces his V words. No offense or anything Xeno your English has improved dramatically IMO.

Haha - because he's got Wayne's on his head?

no, because he seemed to have alot of trouble removing the west!!

Grrrr!! Love your review dude! But seeing the figure like that and hearing what you had to say about the vest about putting it on and off really has me worried. I don't have the patients for miniature straps! Don't even get me start on the T600 backpack! Great video!

Got my boots in...will start a mod thread tonight when I begin working on them

Here's my vid, enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKOVivIngks

Try to cover the knee pad issue...not sooo moveable as some would hope!

very nice review Xeno! :clap going to fun working on this guy :yess:

Yep. Nice review!!! The figure looks great, i think that with some small mods and weathering will look perfect, but it already looks great out of the box

Got my boots in...will start a mod thread tonight when I begin working on them

I got some too, nice leather ones, but now I see him out of the box I'm not in as much of a hurry to start modding him. And the pants (although still too tight) can be made to look way better by pulling it out of boots and futzing. Genuinely surprised at how good he is.

I got some too, nice leather ones, but now I see him out of the box I'm not in as much of a hurry to start modding him. And the pants (although still too tight) can be made to look way better by pulling it out of boots and futzing. Genuinely surprised at how good he is.

yes mine are leather as well :)

But I understand about keeping him stock for a bit. that's how I was with the DX12. I liked displaying him stock for awhile before I started messing with him. I won't be modding the actual figure right away (Coat and pants) right when I get him. I'll enjoy him for what he is out of the box first, after all, it is what I paid for

Great video, Xeno...like your photos, the video makes the wait easier... this figure looks good- I don't know if I'I'll be brave enough to tackle removing that vest right away, but I sure appreciate the heads-up on how it'll be to deal with-

Thanks again!

I hope the delay to this figure is false. :(
I'm been looking forward to this figure since it was first shown.

Watching the video, the vest doesn't seem too hard to remove after all. I thought you had to untie the laces altogether but seems like the little buttons do all the work. Now I'm not sure about this, but I think there's no necessary need to remove the waist belt since I think it can detach from the vest itself.

Of course I can't completely vouch for this idea since I don't have the figure, but judging from people's photos I think from here you can see that the vest and waist belt are only kept together by the harness at the front where it goes down and curls up inwards to give the illusion that it's actually tied together (unless they're really glued/stitched together). Here's a pic that shows off what I mean:
DSC05538.jpg

Going by this photo, I think it should look like this once you separate them:
HTBaneCombatVest.jpg

And here's the waist belt (although it's upside down in the photo):
HTBaneSash.jpg

I'd appreciate if someone with the figure could check this out if it's possible, as I think this could prove useful if people don't wanna bother messing around with the waist belt when removing the vest. If you can remove the vest alone without touching the waist belt, maybe it can make things easier since you can just carefully tuck the sweater under the waist belt without really needing to remove it entirely (he still wears it when he had his shirt off anyway).

@all: thanks for your commens and likes on the video...this is what drives me in doing these vids for you!

Watching the video, the vest doesn't seem too hard to remove after all. I thought you had to untie the laces altogether but seems like the little buttons do all the work. Now I'm not sure about this, but I think there's no necessary need to remove the waist belt since I think it can detach from the vest itself.

Of course I can't completely vouch for this idea since I don't have the figure, but judging from people's photos I think from here you can see that the vest and waist belt are only kept together by the harness at the front where it goes down and curls up inwards to give the illusion that it's actually tied together (unless they're really glued/stitched together).

I'd appreciate if someone with the figure could check this out if it's possible, as I think this could prove useful if people don't wanna bother messing around with the waist belt when removing the vest. If you can remove the vest alone without touching the waist belt, maybe it can make things easier since you can just carefully tuck the sweater under the waist belt without really needing to remove it entirely (he still wears it when he had his shirt off anyway).

I tried to confirm this for you, but I can't give you a final hint on this, Check the following photo of my figure:

banestraps.jpg

The straps coming from abobe are tied together with golden buckle, and on this golden buckle every other strap is attached. These coming from the sides seem to sewed on the belts sides (you see the stitches there). I think without damaging this won'd be easy to seperate!

Back