Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

You also have to remember the nose on a real person is flexible. While it might not have been comfortable, his nose could have been scrunched in the mask. And the "mouth" of the mask isn't necessarily where his real mouth is. I can easily see where the nose would be in the HT mask. Just because it would be in the "mouth" area of the mask doesn't mean it couldn't be there.

And yeah, I too think he could be pretty damaged under the mask. He did have bloody bandages on. And if the mask holds back the pain, wouldn't it make sense its for his face? He wears the back brace (lower part of the figure's vest) for his back, which obviously had the scar running down it. So given those pieces of evidence in the film, I think its safe to say Bane is pretty fugly under the mask :dunno

Nobody knows what he looks like without that mask. We do know that, story aside, Tom Hardy and his stunt doubles were in the mask and had a nose.

Look at that sculpt. It looks like the mask is embedded into his face. If the character did have a nose, it's impossible on this sculpt as far as anatomy and structure goes. That's the gripe people have.

Most of my friends who have this in hand says it's a non issue. It looks believable, I guess it must be the distortion of the lens.

If you notice, most of luca's, **** po's, OMG's joker photos have a different facial shape compared to those of the eBay auction pics, which is what these normally would look in hand.

He also wears the brace for medical reasons, it's not just there for show. At least, that's what Lindy Hemming said.

You also have to remember the nose on a real person is flexible. While it might not have been comfortable, his nose could have been scrunched in the mask. And the "mouth" of the mask isn't necessarily where his real mouth is. I can easily see where the nose would be in the HT mask. Just because it would be in the "mouth" area of the mask doesn't mean it couldn't be there.

And yeah, I too think he could be pretty damaged under the mask. He did have bloody bandages on. And if the mask holds back the pain, wouldn't it make sense its for his face? He wears the back brace (lower part of the figure's vest) for his back, which obviously had the scar running down it. So given those pieces of evidence in the film, I think its safe to say Bane is pretty fugly under the mask :dunno

Well said.

Btw, I just love how we all would come up with tons of reasons to justify our purchases. But when the v2 is announced, we'll ***** bout the inaccuracies of the old one and sing praise of the new one:lol

I'm guilty of this myself occasionally :yess:

A few more pics, I haven't had a chance to spend much time on this guy yet. As you can tell I love the head sculpt.
As you can see, pants not as bad when futzed a bit.
2-71.jpg
1-84.jpg
4-41.jpg
5-35.jpg

Great pics :clap
Have you weathered the jacket in anyway? as it looks excellent. cant wait for this now :yess:

Nothing weathered (yet) that's straight out of the box.

Wow, this looks sweet! I just started collecting and this will be my second purchase and I can't wait to build up my collection. Stupid adult responsibilities, if it wasn't for the wife, kids, bills, and such I'd buy two of these!

Look at that sculpt. It looks like the mask is embedded into his face. If the character did have a nose, it's impossible on this sculpt as far as anatomy and structure goes. That's the gripe people have.

Not just that, it almost looks like the mask actually IS his nose which is kinda funny in its own way. :lol

Definitely an honest mistake, though in my eyes it's not horrid enough to bother me that much.

Yeah them pics from Rory are superb!

Bane looks great :rock

The in hand pictures have convinced me to at least preorder him to avoid a possible sell out. I'm still back and forth on if he's $195 cool. I love the character though and I know he'd look badass with Bats and Joker.

A few more pics, I haven't had a chance to spend much time on this guy yet. As you can tell I love the head sculpt.
As you can see, pants not as bad when futzed a bit.
2-71.jpg
1-84.jpg
4-41.jpg
5-35.jpg
6-28.jpg
1-83.jpg

3-62.jpg

Fantastic shots Rory :clap

Does the mouth guard or mask look as wide or too long in person? :dunno

And even more awesome pics, probally the best in terms of capturing what the figure looks like in person.

I really hope that sweater and coat don't stain the body on this figure.

I expected Ebay to be flooded with these but only 2 or 3 sellers have it in stock.

Rorywan's pictures have made me fall in love with this figure. :duff

Back