Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS??? - Avengers: Hawkeye

I'm avoiding HT's Avengers. Gotta focus on figure I know I want and not figures I think I want. :lol

If I had to chose, I'd take Hawkeye over Hulk though.

I'm just not that big of a Hulk fan.

Plus, Hawkeye has a bow. He's a ____ing badass. :lol

picture.php

The fate of the new goblin can be a good indicator if this theory of yours is correct :D

Could also happen - that figure has dropped significantly in value can be picked up for about $100. But I think there's no driving factor to pick up a goblin. It's a forgettable character for most people (most fans of the Maguire Spiderman series would have preferred a Doc Ock and/or Venom anyway I think)

The thing with these Avengers releases is that there is a completist factor. People might pass on some now and may have 4 or 5 of the Avengers sitting on their shelves and then they might be like 'oh man my Avengers would be complete if I had picked up that Nick Fury or Hawkeye when it was released'...and by that time for many they might not be available for retail. :dunno It's all speculation at this point of course. Impossible to predict what the market may look like a year from now. In general most hot toys are losing value because of lots of different reasons. But that's another topic being discussed in another thread!

Of course, what if Hawkeye ends up being the coolest character? Then surely HT will open up for more orders...or issue a 2.0.
In the comics, he is one of the coolest characters around. But that doesn't necessarily equate to being a popular toy. Joker is about as uncool as they come, but look at the success of that guy.

The fate of the new goblin can be a good indicator if this theory of yours is correct :D

Could also happen - that figure has dropped significantly in value can be picked up for about $100. But I think there's no driving factor to pick up a goblin. It's a forgettable character for most people (most fans of the Maguire Spiderman series would have preferred a Doc Ock and/or Venom anyway I think)

The thing with these Avengers releases is that there is a completist factor. People might pass on some now and may have 4 or 5 of the Avengers sitting on their shelves and then they might be like 'oh man my Avengers would be complete if I had picked up that Nick Fury or Hawkeye when it was released'...and by that time for many they might not be available for retail. :dunno It's all speculation at this point of course. Impossible to predict what the market may look like a year from now. In general most hot toys are losing value because of lots of different reasons. But that's another topic being discussed in another thread!
Yeah, I think the completist thing is a factor. Also, the fact that New Gobs was a pretty forgettable character from a movie most of us try our best to forget about. But perhaps more important than all that, New Gobby is a character created just for the movies. Yeah, Harry took on the role of Green Goblin in the comics, but not X-Treme Snowboarder Goblin guy. Hawkeye is as essential an Avenger as there is, really. No, he isn't a top tier character, but he's much more important to the history of the team than Hulk, who was a member for 1 1/2 issues or so. And he's probably been around as much, if not more than Iron Man or Thor, who would periodically leave the comic for extended periods of time. Serious Marvel Avenger fans who want the best figures available of characters they like from the comics will want this guy.

I'm not used to seeing restraint in you, Long... :thud:

Trying to be smarter with money, all in in SS lotr statue line, various weta lotr stuff, lots of the hobbit stuff when it comes out, and I owe the state of missouri $1400 next month. I have to be good.

Just wait until HT Thor has no sleeves on his arms. Then The Josh will be exercising even more restraint! :panic:

HT doesn't have the license to make wwe figures. :lol

Back