Hot Toys – MMS172 - Avengers: Hawkeye

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow.
Already at $470 with almost two days to go. Even if it's a fake, I didn't realize he was going for that much.

Why are people still bidding on these types of auctions? I doubt that there's anyone on the whole planet that has 10 to spare, let alone one person advertising 10, then 10 then another 10! Just one short glimpse of his feedback is enough to give a person the shivers of death...it's all for crap items like sunglasses or beads, they always are.

One thing they they are ever for is actual Hot Toys figures! :gah:

Last edited:
Question:

Doesn't the scammer lose money in the end? I mean, since his Ebay is linked to his Paypal and that is in turn linked to his backaccount or CC, I imagine Paypal takes the amount they had to refund there (with maybe an additional fine or whatever).
There is a lot of personal data wrapped up in his Ebay and PP accounts, shouldn't be too hard to get to him.

If not, why would this person ever stop?

Question:

Doesn't the scammer lose money in the end? I mean, since his Ebay is linked to his Paypal and that is in turn linked to his backaccount or CC, I imagine Paypal takes the amount they had to refund there (with maybe an additional fine or whatever).
There is a lot of personal data wrapped up in his Ebay and PP accounts, shouldn't be too hard to get to him.

If not, why would this person ever stop?

My guess is there is some fraud going on in errors of bank fraud or identity fraud going on. The guy must have multiple accounts registered in multiple names and PayPal accounts spread over. He probably transfer money out immediately, takes the cash, then doesn't worry what happens to the account bc it is in someone else's name or some ****. It has to go beyond just fake sellers on eBay. If these guys kept losing money doing this, they wouldn't be doing it.

My guess is there is some fraud going on in errors of bank fraud or identity fraud going on. The guy must have multiple accounts registered in multiple names and PayPal accounts spread over. He probably transfer money out immediately, takes the cash, then doesn't worry what happens to the account bc it is in someone else's name or some ****. It has to go beyond just fake sellers on eBay. If these guys kept losing money doing this, they wouldn't be doing it.

I don't think ebay can keep up with scammers, there's always something new and by the time they find out it's too late. The best thing we can do is just report the listing if it looks suspicious and that's what I did right now.

Thanks for the heads up!

^^^ Agreed. Best to report and not let them get away with "free" money. Sure, you can get a refund post-facto but why let them win in the first place. If it's too good to be true, don't get suckered into it, listen to those who have been in this situation before. "The Joker cannot win." :panic:

here are some more photos of my Hawk

1240229_10151709685968528_1807751231_n.jpg

1237510_10151709686058528_1125787477_n.jpg

1378217_10151709685933528_104832381_n.jpg

1381366_10151709686028528_1721929873_n.jpg

1186342_10151709685948528_1276217084_n.jpg

1376387_10151709685963528_795349312_n.jpg

I don't think ebay can keep up with scammers, there's always something new and by the time they find out it's too late. The best thing we can do is just report the listing if it looks suspicious and that's what I did right now.

Thanks for the heads up!

I got my PayPal account hacked. They bought sun glasses and hand bags. PayPal handled it but stuff had already shipped so some one got screwed. Luckily not me.

Photo bomb... I'll be posting this in all the Avengers threads.

The Avengers. Suited up, and in civvies.

IMG_5655.jpg

IMG_5659.jpg

Lol I was expecting to see your head shrunk down on one of them . That be a real photobomb ;)

:borg "Resistance is Futile"

Back