Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently picked this up from a member here, and failed to mention that the undamaged shoulder was missing the piece that attaches it to the arm. The battle damaged one has a "knob", for lack of a better word, that holds it in as seen in the pic. Any ideas on how to replace it?
View attachment 115146

This is interesting bc I just had this exact issue. I've had five Mark VII's and after finding about this in one of them I checked them all, and all of them have it. Oddly enough, the shoulder plate on the clean and battle damage did sit fine on the shoulder which is why I'm guessing I never noticed and why the seller of this figure didn't either. As someone who does not pose their figures much if at all, I don't think I broke 5 of my Mark VII's lol rather it appears to be a factory or batch issue imo.

Blu tack is the least invasive way. Don't put sculpey on plastic. If you don't harden it, it will melt the plastic. Blu tack will hold it just fine and never alter the surface.

:exactly: I had asked this question a while back and Username passed on his experience with blu tack, and I have been using it ever since with no issues at all.

This is interesting bc I just had this exact issue. I've had five Mark VII's and after finding about this in one of them I checked them all, and all of them have it. Oddly enough, the shoulder plate on the clean and battle damage did sit fine on the shoulder which is why I'm guessing I never noticed and why the seller of this figure didn't either. As someone who does not pose their figures much if at all, I don't think I broke 5 of my Mark VII's lol rather it appears to be a factory or batch issue imo.

WOW! 5!

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't aware that sculpey would do that, glad I asked first!

Hey, thanks for the suggestion. I wasn't aware that sculpey would do that, glad I asked first!

No worries. That's usually something you learn the hard way, lol.
The oils from Sculpey leech out and damage/melt plastics. It's fine if you harden it quick. But if you don't, the plastic surface will warp and melt.
I learned that the hard way when using plastic white BBs for eyes in my sculptures. I had a sculpture that i was working on over a few days and the eyes just melted out. After that, i do most of the face first, then quickly block in the eyes and harden as soon as they are done.

CIMG1702.jpg

Nice Alpha. Dope fig, is it not?

Well, seven if I count the battle damage version :cuckoo: :slap :lol

I'll be checking the remainder of my collection sometime during the week for this too.

That's hardcore bro :bow I only kept 1 extra MISB as a spare

No worries. That's usually something you learn the hard way, lol.
The oils from Sculpey leech out and damage/melt plastics. It's fine if you harden it quick. But if you don't, the plastic surface will warp and melt.
I learned that the hard way when using plastic white BBs for eyes in my sculptures. I had a sculpture that i was working on over a few days and the eyes just melted out. After that, i do most of the face first, then quickly block in the eyes and harden as soon as they are done.

CIMG1702.jpg

That's a cool sculpt dude! Maybe melty eyes would work good on that guy :lol. Is that something you thought up or is that a known character?

I purchased this off the forums a little while ago and unfortunately did not take a good enough look when I received it do to the fact I was not going to display right away. I took it out today to check the lights and noticed that he sent me two right fists and 2 left open hands. Does anyone know where I can get a left fist and right open hand? Does any other Marks fit this correctly or will it have to be just Mark 6 parts? Thanks for any help.

I purchased this off the forums a little while ago and unfortunately did not take a good enough look when I received it do to the fact I was not going to display right away. I took it out today to check the lights and noticed that he sent me two right fists and 2 left open hands. Does anyone know where I can get a left fist and right open hand? Does any other Marks fit this correctly or will it have to be just Mark 6 parts? Thanks for any help.

eBay/Original buyer if he still has them! I'd say eBay is your best chance:
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_od...ys+vii+hands&_nkw=hot+toys+vii+hands&_sacat=0

My experience with eBay was good up to about 6 months ago. I suddenly got a series of poor quality products, deadbeat sellers and shipment errors...not sure what happened. Don't know what has happened...

I only had 1 bad experience with eBay and I got a full refund, I'm sorry to hear about your misfortune...... perhaps it won't happen too often anymore, and eBay is usually pretty great at sorting stuff out for you

All the marks use the same mold for the hands so you'd be fine with any from the marks IV, V, VI & VII (not positive about the III but I think that's the same too).

Back