Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a little work I managed to get BD chest piece to fit a little better (lifted up the should munitions covers and tried it again). The arm missile armour is sitting as close to flush as I can get it, but since the part that is off a little is on the inside of the arm, I'm fine with it now.

Just need to get the BD faceplate changed and it'll be all good. Here's hoping the next Iron Man I get is awesome straight out of the box :)

Hello folks :)

Got my Mark VI today and the detail on it is fantastic!

I'm a little disappointed with the articulation though especially the neck, the arms and the torso.

1. The neck only allows the head to turn 45 degrees to the left or right before the shoulder armor blocks it completely unless you tilt the head upwards.

2. the arms have quite limited movement due to the chest armor blocking it from moving around fully

3. the torso has pretty limited movement as well

As for defects not much except the right air flap doesn't fit in fully like for some people here and my clean face mask doesn't align itself perfectly with the curved 'cheekbones' of the mask and if I try to center it, it doesn't really look properly aligned between both sides of the cheeks. Not really sure if it's the problem with the face mask or with the head itself.
https://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3140/img0708fd.jpg

1. Agreed, which is why HT should move the LED to the head instead of the neck.

2. Shoulder rotation... 360. I don't see any limitation even with the slightly broader chest plate, the shoulder guards are mobile. Arm bends slightly over 90 degrees, but WM's could do better.

3. Abs articulation... the best from HT yet. Three other moulds before were poor (Mk.3/2, BD. Mk.3 and WM)

I'd say the problem lies with the mask.

Hi guys...I got my Mark VI in yesterday, and while I havent posted pics yet (but I will soon), I had a couple things to address or ask...

As far as posing the hands upright for shooting the repulsor-I know part of it is the wrist guard thing...But, if Im not mistaken, didnt the Tony Stark Mech Test come with hands that had a molded "arch" in them, just for that purpose on the figure?...So that you could fully extend the arm and raise the hand too...Its a shame the Mark VI didnt come with a hand molded like that...I know, shoulda/coulda/woulda...

Second - Is it ok to leave the figure posed in certain ways for long periods of time...Im asking mainly concerning the body "midsection"...I see some rather extreme poses on some of these (extreme to me anyway), and was curious...

Thanks...

Matt

Second - Is it ok to leave the figure posed in certain ways for long periods of time...Im asking mainly concerning the body "midsection"...I see some rather extreme poses on some of these (extreme to me anyway), and was curious...

Thanks...

Matt

Other than the rubber underware... any pose should be fine...

Other than the rubber underware... any pose should be fine...

That's what Im checking about...The rubber mid-section...I just wanna see if leaving the figure in a certain pose for too long can cause any damage over time...Or should you change poses every so often...Which Im guessing most will do anyway...

Matt

That's what Im checking about...The rubber mid-section...I just wanna see if leaving the figure in a certain pose for too long can cause any damage over time...Or should you change poses every so often...Which Im guessing most will do anyway...

Matt

The Mark IV and VI don't have the rubber midsection, only the rubber 'briefs'.

1. Agreed, which is why HT should move the LED to the head instead of the neck.

2. Shoulder rotation... 360. I don't see any limitation even with the slightly broader chest plate, the shoulder guards are mobile. Arm bends slightly over 90 degrees, but WM's could do better.

3. Abs articulation... the best from HT yet. Three other moulds before were poor (Mk.3/2, BD. Mk.3 and WM)

I'd say the problem lies with the mask.

As for no.2, What I mean is both his arms can't stretch straight out in front of his chest it sort of looks like \_/ instead of |_|

and no.3, I'm a little scared of twisting since I'm not really sure how far it goes. The instruction sheet doesn't say much and it warns that if you break it, yo uwon't get a replacement. I can only twist it a little before feeling too scared to go any further which is why I said it felt limited.

By the way why would you say it's the mask? I tried putting that mask on the RDJ helmet and it sort of aligned properly which gave me doubt as to maybe it was the helmet having the problem...

My Mark VI came today. Only three problems! :gah:

-BD mask won't sit on either head right (magnet section was glued on too far down on the mask so it won't close at the bottom unless the top piece is hanging open instead)
-BD Chest piece doesn't fit properly
-Forearm rockets don't fit together properly, so there is an opening between them when assembled (checked to make sure they were marked with the proper L on the back, it seems the top one is warped a bit).

At least these are all attachments so I won't have to send the whole figure back like my IV. I'm starting to think I shouldn't bother collecting Iron Man (Wiring problem on Mech test, Paint problems IV, this on VI), heh.

I have the same problem. The top forearm missile won't fit. It is still fine. The figure is amazing. I believe I saw a problem on the missing rubber disk on BD arm.

Mine doesn't come with it. Is that normal? I do however see a rubber disk on the clean arm. Is it suppose to be like that or not?

Please help me out. If I only get 1 where I suppose to get 2 what should I do?

I was so stupid that I scratch the lower BD arm when I put it on. It's so tight. I hate that but good things it's hidden.

Great figure.

I contacted Sideshow & told them I was missing the disc spacer for the BD & they already have it sent out thru UPS. Send them a e-mail.

we need some pics or we'll be forced to believe that you are making all of this up simply to get attention ;)

:rotfl
Well, I do like attention :)

Anyway, not sure if this is helpful to anyone else, but I thought I may as well link these photos since I had to take them for when I contact the dealer.

IronManVIMask.jpg

This one shows the difference between the lower parts of the two masks (the battle damaged one's magnet part sits a bit lower which is preventing the mask from closing on either head)

MarkVIMaskGap.jpg

This other one just uses the light to show the size of the gap between the mask and the head (Had to do a screen cap from a video since the flash on my camera made it hard to see the LED)

As for no.2, What I mean is both his arms can't stretch straight out in front of his chest it sort of looks like \_/ instead of |_|

and no.3, I'm a little scared of twisting since I'm not really sure how far it goes. The instruction sheet doesn't say much and it warns that if you break it, yo uwon't get a replacement. I can only twist it a little before feeling too scared to go any further which is why I said it felt limited.

By the way why would you say it's the mask? I tried putting that mask on the RDJ helmet and it sort of aligned properly which gave me doubt as to maybe it was the helmet having the problem...

Pop the Abs out.... hold the top torso and bottom pelvic region and extend the the Abs... I believe there are many youtube video around. I've 6 (Mark VI and IV, 7th body waiting post to arrive from IXI Nick IXI), I've yet to break one. "Berani kerana benar"/Very little risk of pain... a lot of gain in articulation). One of the main reason I purchase so many..

RDJ head has more space (between the mask/face) that allows some defects of the mask to be not so pronounced. If you have 2 lighted head you can tell whether it's the mask or head.

Last edited:
MarkVIMaskGap.jpg

This other one just uses the light to show the size of the gap between the mask and the head (Had to do a screen cap from a video since the flash on my camera made it hard to see the LED)

I have the exact same issue with my non BD face plate. There's about a 3/4mm gap! Gonna email Hot Toys and ask for a replacement.

Cheers bro :D

Yeah true I plan to do that since I have 2 other pieces but problem is they're way back home in Malaysia and I ain't going back till late July xD so gotta wait till I get to mix and match. I'd wanna leave one Mark VI in my UK place though just to display so I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble bringing it back just to mix and match with it. What do you think?
That's actually a great idea. Keep one with you while you're studying abroad. Maybe use it as motivation to do well. Once you graduate and pursue your career, you can buy as many Hot Toys figures as you want. :yess:

Back