Hot Toys – MMS132 - Iron Man 2: Mark VI full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's both good and bad news. Good news that Hot Toys isn't jacking up their prices, but bad news because all of the vendors here, not just Sideshow, have boosted their prices. Everyone's claiming the market price is $209; most are charging close to that while others are offering a "sale" that puts the price closer to the market price of the Mark III BD (what he originally sold for from cheaper but slower vendors like Alterego and CornerstoneComics I do not know). Even Toysquare is charging $200, when their price for the Mark III BD was $185.

I don't know though if Hot Toys hasn't jacked up the price; I saw people with sticker shock on the toyworld.com.hk forum as well.

I guess I am one of the very few that wasn't surprised at the pricing for the Mark VI. When the pics start floating around the net, I was already predicting the price to be in the ballpark of BD Mark III. I mean, we are getting a lot with Mark VI and even if it was priced higher than the BD Mark III, I still felt that it was a good deal. I mean, the P1 and DX Joker were actually more expensive than the Mark VI here and those are stuff from more than a year ago.

I believe the retail price is indeed quite high in HK but as far as know, doesn't HK stores offer pre-order price and also an even cheaper VIP price? Maybe they are just shocked at the SRP.

That said, I do agree that majority of HT prices have gone up significantly compared to three years ago when I started the hobby. However, with the price increase, so does the quality, and the amount of accessories we are getting.

I do have other priorities in live and the pricing for the Mark VI is about the highest I am willing to pay for a HT collectible. Anymore than that, it will probably be the time to quit the hobby. (Which will be very hard since I am working with the HT dealer here).

Hey guys, Im new here and I thought I would say hi. This seems a little high but I said look at all the stuff that comes with this. As this will be my first HT I'm pretty excited.

I do have other priorities in live and the pricing for the Mark VI is about the highest I am willing to pay for a HT collectible. Anymore than that, it will probably be the time to quit the hobby. (Which will be very hard since I am working with the HT dealer here).

hey dude, are u with xl shop, shioktoys, ultimate toys, toy workers or toy wizard? or another retailer i'm not familiar with?

Hey gang, is the extra arm an exclusive that you guys can live without? I'm on the fence.

I po thru SS therefore, I bought the exclusive. It is only a few bucks more big whoop. I didn't bother checking other retail prices to determine whether it could be had much cheaper without the arm. Since I went with SS, I figured why not get the exclusive.

Hey gang, is the extra arm an exclusive that you guys can live without? I'm on the fence.

I can live without it becasue I did not see Iron Man 2 and am not byng a Black Widow figure.

Actually I am passing on this guy all together :p

But I generally avoid buying from SS for the exclusive because it is generally 30-50 dollars more expensive than buying from a 3rd party retailer and that adds up very quickly.

I can live without it becasue I did not see Iron Man 2 and am not byng a Black Widow figure.

Actually I am passing on this guy all together :p

But I generally avoid buying from SS for the exclusive because it is generally 30-50 dollars more expensive than buying from a 3rd party retailer and that adds up very quickly.

It may not be movie accurate but the arm can be used on Tony Stark to create a scene from the first film. This case the exclusive is just $5 over the cost of the regular version. IMO if po the figure and doin so thru SS why not?

It may not be movie accurate but the arm can be used on Tony Stark to create a scene from the first film. This case the exclusive is just $5 over the cost of the regular version. IMO if po the figure and doin so thru SS why not?

That is *if* i pre order from SS. Since I live in Cali the tax + shipping fees from them, ontop of their high cost already, for me to get the EX is about 45 dollars more expensive than if I buy it from a 3rd party retailer.

Yes I could recreate a scene from the 1st one but that would require me to buy another figure and thus starting a vicious cycle. I am not a completest by any means. I like having a diversified collection and have been happy with one Iron Man. The only reason I will be getting the MK 4 or possibly? The Mk 6 is because of the waist articulation.

Also I have no seen Iron Man 2.

Sorry if someone already brought this up but with that exclusive arm, I'm guess you can reenact the deleted scene shown here:

iron-man-2_400.jpg

Ehem~* Just wondering if anyone saw my earlier post. :D

Buy Black Widow and put her in that nice dress. And there we have it.

Seems like you answered your own question. Just save the 45 bucks and order somewhere else. You'd have to get a true-type body and clothes for it to use the exclusive arm.

That is *if* i pre order from SS. Since I live in Cali the tax + shipping fees from them, ontop of their high cost already, for me to get the EX is about 45 dollars more expensive than if I buy it from a 3rd party retailer.

Yes I could recreate a scene from the 1st one but that would require me to buy another figure and thus starting a vicious cycle. I am not a completest by any means. I like having a diversified collection and have been happy with one Iron Man. The only reason I will be getting the MK 4 or possibly? The Mk 6 is because of the waist articulation.

Also I have no seen Iron Man 2.

I wouldn't purchase the ex either for an additional $50. But the fella that asked the initial question may not have same issues as you and he may be in my boat which is only $5 difference between regular and exc.

anychance the exclusive arm will have movable fingers?
im hopeing it so... would be really awsome on a true type body....

After shipping it will be about the same price. Maybe even cheaper. And you get it sooner. Nice.

Actually, since SS wont mark the value down on the package, there will be another additional cost from the tax (bout 30-40% of the value+shipping cost) when it reach my country.

So ebay is the way to go for me

just pre-ordered mine through sideshow... could probably find it cheaper elsewhere like others say.. but oh well.

Back