Hot Toys – MMS128 – Blade: Trinity: Abigail Whistler - full specs + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am referring to the actual figure (toy). They are all toys but as this pic illustrates, she looks like a very expensive barbie. Her face is missing alot of detail.

In contrast, check out pics of the recent Rouke / Whiplash figure. Night and day in terms of detail in the facial sculpt.

Well I am pretty wrinkly bud.

:lol Very true about Rouke having more wrinkles. Still even the paint app looks different. Rouke has different textures, shades etc. while Jessica is smooth which isn't realistic. Everyone has different textures, tones etc. even with make up.

Well maybe not Tammy Fae or Dolly but almost everyone else :lol

Eddie Wong posted pics

https://www.eddiewong.net/2010/07/17/itts-2010-hot-toys-blade-3-abigail-whistler/

I love Jessica and this figure is so tempting to get. In terms of likeness, I think this is HT's best female figure to date.

I think thats a really cool pose.

I dunno how the rubber would stand up to that type of posing though. I never had Rambo (he has a bow and arrow) but I know you couldn't pose those bodies in any good pose due to the rubber ripping over time. This seems to be an improvement.

To be fair to the sculpt, eddiewong's closeup pictures are both slightly out of focus. They are both focusing on her right arm drawing the arrow. So the subtleties of her skin texture are not seen because they are slightly blurred. It is very evident on page 1 that HT is fully capable of textured skin on female figures. I think those pics have the perfect skin texture. Also, the lighting is very warm and soft in their setups at the show, which softens some of the scuplting details. Especially when slightly out of focus. They should have used a little bit harsher lighting to show off their sculpts. The proto pics are taken at a much higher res, and the most flattering lighting was used to bring out the sculpt.

:lol Very true about Rouke having more wrinkles. Still even the paint app looks different. Rouke has different textures, shades etc. while Jessica is smooth which isn't realistic. Everyone has different textures, tones etc. even with make up.

Well maybe not Tammy Fae or Dolly but almost everyone else :lol
You have to take scale into a factor. If you take a 1/6th female sculpt and try to put detail in it like they have so successfully done with the male sculpts it will only make for a rough, masculine looking sculpt. Rule of thumb is as something gets smaller so do the details. Hot Toys is doing the right thing here.

I hope. I have her on po because I was blown away by the official specs. I am kinda let down with Eddie's pics. I'll wait until inhand pics start floating around to get a better feel for the figure.

Pic from Cool Toy Review.

IMG_2639.jpg

Personally the more I see this figure, the more I like it (it also doesn't hurt that I've been madly in love with Jessica Biel since 7th Heaven). I'm not a Blade fan nor do I know much about this particular character but if I have some extra cash when this is released I think I'll pick her up.

More pics can be seen here
https://cooltoyreview.com/2010-San-Diego-Comic-Con/Hot_Toys/image60.asp

You have to take scale into a factor. If you take a 1/6th female sculpt and try to put detail in it like they have so successfully done with the male sculpts it will only make for a rough, masculine looking sculpt. Rule of thumb is as something gets smaller so do the details. Hot Toys is doing the right thing here.

:goodpost:
I was reading trough the last few posts and i was about to say exactly that:wink1:

I think her face looks perfect, but i don´t like the sculpted hair.I know that "barbie" -hair looks not perfect, but i don´t like the idea that sculpted hair doesn´t move and looks in some poses not natural

I think her face looks perfect, but i don´t like the sculpted hair.I know that "barbie" -hair looks not perfect, but i don´t like the idea that sculpted hair doesn´t move and looks in some poses not natural

I agree on most accounts however, after viewing the Barbie hair on BW I say leave Abigail's hair alone.

real nice sculpt.if they could just do Selene/Underworld now that would be great..Abigail is fine by me but from a smaller part,much lesser film in my opinion.awesome figure though

saraharm.jpg

Does the arm still stay secure? Or if you twist the arm it can fall off the peg and you have to work it back on . . .

Back