Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would say DX Jack Sparrow is up there with HT finest tailor and matching to the source pretty well, particularly DX15 over DX06, other than the hat just like this. Though this figure tends to still take some of the highest aftermarket pricing these days, more than Jack Sparrow.

But yea, from pics, this is still one of HT best efforts ever. I doubt we'll ever get a reissue or 2.0 but would love to be proven wrong. It would be incredible to get a double announcement of reissue/2.0 for this and 89 Batman just like how the originals were announced at the same time, if I remember correctly.

Oh yeah, Jack Sparrow DX15 is another that's right up there with Jack.

Just came across this sculpt on Ebay. Might be a nice upgrade to the HT version.
72A37F4A-BCB5-4A10-96F7-D4EADDBC6B55.jpeg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2955459657...uid=vmibqjsxqe-&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

personally gonna say, i don't like rocco's sculpting style. i don't believe good paint will save the sculpt if its flawed in certain eyes. I'm waiting on don fung/three step's sculpt to replace my dx08

personally gonna say, i don't like rocco's sculpting style. i don't believe good paint will save the sculpt if its flawed in certain eyes. I'm waiting on don fung/three step's sculpt to replace my dx08
I agree. He’s obviously talented but I always feel that there’s something missing in all of his sculpts, especially when it comes to skin texture micro detailing as well as hair detail

As with many things in this life we see different things. 1.6 sculpts being no exception. A blind man would be pleased with most sculpts of Jack.

Attachments

• 20230118_121220.jpg
    20230118_121220.jpg
    772.2 KB · Views: 0
realy good likeness, theyre able to get the hair right. i think with a proper repaint, people will be able to get an amazing joker sculpt to swap their dx08
Agreed! Im going to try to get the painter who did the Rocco version above to paint my Mars versions as it appears he does some of the best Joker paints.

Agreed! Im going to try to get the painter who did the Rocco version above to paint my Mars versions as it appears he does some of the best Joker paints.
this is probably the way. mars did an amazing job on their sculpt, gonna be hard beating that for nicholson's likeness. the best thing about mars set is that it comes with multiple head sculpts to choose from

I was originally going to pass on this figure since I only need the main outfit, but these sculpts are just too good, and will probably be hard to get when parted out. Plus I've always loved that dark and creepy scene where he's joking around with the fried corpse. Lol

Back