Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now that they’ve finally painted the heads, I’m hoping we see them go up for PO soon.

Would be nice if they also included a full clown version of the standard sculpt to be used on the DX08 KO. Or even re-release the purple suit but with green/teal shirt and purple tie for the apartment scene

Are those indeed the Mars Toys options?

I suppose the museum Joker will get the plain head (at least the eyes are open) before he gets splashed with water.

Mob boss seems a bit cheap as reuse.

Oh great!!! Can't wait to see the Mob Boss. Really hop they didn't skimp on that one.

Museum Joker I have seen so many iterations of over the years with customs yet I feel compelled to get it too.

I had the now ancient Billiken kit back in 1992, came with extra museum head. One of the first 1/6th figures (statue I suppose) I ever got (in fact I believe it was #2).

With all the interest in Mars Toys 89 Joker I decided to take a closer look at my Hot Toys DX08. I have seen many repaints and comments as to whether Hot Toys nailed the sculpt likeness. Taking all into account and remembering one man's or woman's sweet is anothers poison It is my humble opinion that Hot Toys nailed it, it remains one of the best figures from their stable. If I had to make one observation, it would the hat, the finish is not as good as it could have been. Today with 3D printers someone out there may create a solid version, that my friends would be the icing on the cake. To think I nearly parted with it, now where did I put the spare head sculpt.

Attachments

• 20221202_105733.jpg
    20221202_105733.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Are those indeed the Mars Toys options?

I suppose the museum Joker will get the plain head (at least the eyes are open) before he gets splashed with water.

Mob boss seems a bit cheap as reuse.

As long as I am able to recreate my favorite scene from the movie

“Well, Tony. Nobody wants a war haha.”

Personally this will always be my favourite figure ever.

I really believe this DX Joker to be the BEST figure Hot Toys has ever produced.

Not only has it stood the test of time (over a decade) but the tailoring is still the finest job HT has done with matching the source so accurately. They really gave this figure their best effort (other than the hat).

If I could only take 5 figures with me... this Joker would definitely be one of them. Probably Top 3 actually.

Not only has it stood the test of time (over a decade) but the tailoring is still the finest job HT has done with matching the source so accurately. They really gave this figure their best effort (other than the hat).
I would say DX Jack Sparrow is up there with HT finest tailor and matching to the source pretty well, particularly DX15 over DX06, other than the hat just like this. Though this figure tends to still take some of the highest aftermarket pricing these days, more than Jack Sparrow.

But yea, from pics, this is still one of HT best efforts ever. I doubt we'll ever get a reissue or 2.0 but would love to be proven wrong. It would be incredible to get a double announcement of reissue/2.0 for this and 89 Batman just like how the originals were announced at the same time, if I remember correctly.

Back