Hilarious Studio Notes on Blade Runner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, someone's gotta be left to love McG, Bay, and Boll. :wink1:

I don't like them either. :dunno

I think the only Bay film I liked was the Rock with Cage and Connery. McG? The guy that made the latest Terminator? That was awful.

Give me The Terminator and T2 any day (both better than Blade Runner imo).

It's not even a dig at Ridley Scott. I love Alien and I thought Gladiator was great. I even liked Thelma and Louise. But the movies he's known for, like Blade Runnder and now, Prometheus? Don't like em.

Yeah, like I said, the studio execs were definitely on the right track in the sense that they wanted to make a movie that succeeded at the box office. You can't have moody, slowly paced, and genuinely gritty films with philosophical discussions, nuance, and ambiguity if you want to sell tickets. Blow **** up instead. Throw in some good old fashioned juvenile stereotype humor. Make a curvy chick wash a car in slow motion. Or turn what would otherwise be a brutal, emotionless killer into a funny, lovable body guard :monkey3

24102.gif

Btw, Jerry Perenchio and Bud Yorkin, the two guys who wrote up these notes, are the ones who own the rights to BR and are preventing anything from being officially licensed. I think they're both about 100 years old by now.

Back