HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they do a filler season of plots or stories not told. Kinda like Spartacus had to do when Andy Whitfield was battling cancer and ultimately died. That said John Hanna needs to be a GoT character.
Nope (and man, would that ever be a crummy solution). They already said they're going different directions and the endings won't be exactly the same. IIRC, Martin said the person that gets the Iron Throne in the show is already dead in the books. Sure if you Google it, you can find the interview.

Spoiler Spoiler:
:duff

Read at own risk but everything is going to be o.k fan's Again read at own risk! of spoiling
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think anything can be believed until we see it. I've heard GRRM say once that the plot will be different but same end result and I've heard him say in a separate interview the exact opposite. I've also heard he believes in happy endings. I think its all a fun game to him and the man is still writing so he can erase and create whatever he wants without telling HBO. He really enjoys messing with the minds of his fans. I just don't see how say character A can have the throne in the books ending and character B can have the throne in the show ending. From a comic book fan I understand multiple universes but that would just confuse the average population. uneeded drama. It doesn't matter how the characters reach the end game as long as the end result is the same.

I'm really upset that this was the first episode of GoT I've missed this season. Too bad I already saw some spoilers this morning by accident :(. Will have to rewatch the season finale later in the week.

I knew it was coming and still terrible since he is my favorite character. The book left things more ambiguous and I had hope he would be back or survive. The show and the actor's interview makes me think, not so much hope.

Think there's going to be a lot of surprises in store for next season. I definitely don't think Stannis is done for, either. Whether someone somehow intervenes, Brienne changes her mind or he's resurrected, I'm pretty confident Stannis still has a role to play. Certainly if the Lord of Light would resurrect Dondarrion, one would think Stannis would more than qualify. Maybe he ends up being Lord Commander of the Night's Watch at some point in the future and that's where Meliisandre's visions came from.

Martin is one evil SOB. Jon better still be alive. I'm pretty sure he will be. Right after the assassination (That damned Olly), my first thought was "Well Melisandre's there".

Then again I thought Ned's beheading was some kind of a dream sequence.

Then the Red Wedding.

And now this.
Martin drops mic and walks offstage.

Holy smokes

That's one way to keep all your eggs in one basket! So much happened in such a condensed amount of time when I finished watching it I was all kinds of pent up

Jon is 100% coming back tho, no doubt

I also don't think that Melisandre could have gotten things so wrong with Stannis. We haven't seen Dondarrion at all this season and perhaps he will have a role to play where Stannis is concerned.

So what's gonna come first? The next book or season 6?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aw man...haven't been this gutted about a death since they killed off soap in call of duty modern warfare! :lol

Any articles I've read seem to suggest he is 100% dead. Kit talking about when they wrapped his final scene, for example.

Seems such a waste to build him up so much. Honestly the red wedding is one thing, but this feels like too much, like they're doing it for just shock value, alright we get it, you kill off whoever you want. But this is just one too far I feel. It doesn't have the same shock, it just feels like 'wtf did they do that for'

Jon Snow is not dead....for long!

They already said they're going different directions and the endings won't be exactly the same. IIRC, Martin said the person that gets the Iron Throne in the show is already dead in the books. Sure if you Google it, you can find the interview.

Man you can't say something like that and provide no sourcee for it :lol it's just plain mean.

I really doubt it's true, not only it is absurd but if Martin had said something like that it would be a BIG deal and this is the first time I read about it, it seems like a the adult version of a schoolyard pokemon rumor to be honest. If I recall correctly Martin told D&D about the ending of the story in case he can't complete it, so the ending of both the show and books should be the same or pretty similar.

SOURCE: 'Game of Thrones' producers: George R.R. Martin's secret ending is 'absolutely' satisfying | EW.com

So what's gonna come first? The next book or season 6?
I'd say season 6.

I really doubt it's true, not only it is absurd but if Martin had said something like that...
Well, I read it. If I can find it, I'll re-post it but it makes sense to me. As someone reading the books and watching the show, it wouldn't bother me one whit if the endings were different (so long as both are satisfying). Personally I'd prefer it. I don't need a 1:1 iteration of the books and the show will likely be done 5 or 10 years before Martin's books, with the pace he writes. It makes sense for him not to want to give away his intended ending to the show writers and then slavishly write his books to match the series (and the same for the show writers... likely they have their own ideas at this point).

Back