HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This show borders on really freaking stupid. I'm really not sure why I continue to watch this crap. Pretty sure this show is making me never want to read the books either. Who the frak wants to see the bad guys win all the time?
Yeah, it's frustrating when bad things happen to good people, but it's also powerful and honest storytelling. Part of what makes the '60s so compelling to read about for me is all the hope and tragedy with the deaths of the Kennedy's, MLK, Malcolm X, etc. This show just seems kinda brutally honest in a real life sort of way.

Biggest mind f_ck in a TV show IMHO is still the third season finale of BSG where they find Earth and it's a burnt nuclear wasteland.

Maybe it is because this one is more recent, but having watched both shows I would say this one by far and away earns the biggest mind *****k award in my book.

I was watching last nights episode next to my fiance and said we should have our wedding reception just like that on the screen. She, who's read the books, said, " I don't think we want our reception to be anything like this" I looked at her and said, "what?!!, something bad's gonna happen?!!" She just smiled and said, you'll see. AHHH, what a mind f*#k. I never saw it coming, even after I knew something was gonna happen. She is so evil :)

This show borders on really freaking stupid. I'm really not sure why I continue to watch this crap. Pretty sure this show is making me never want to read the books either. Who the frak wants to see the bad guys win all the time?

:rotfl

Oh, maybe folks who desire more adult fare?

Folks who have outgrown wish-fulfillment escapism produced for adolescents?

Folks wise enough to realize that--in the real world--the bad guys are winning most of the time?

:monkey1

___

I think Walder Frey just jumped to the top of “Who I Want to see Die a Horrible Death” list ahead of even Joffrey Baratheon. Add Roose Bolton to that list as well.

If someone’s sigil is a flayed man being tortured on the rack, chances are you shouldn’t trust him.

I haven’t read the third book yet, but I had this spoiled for me via internet douchbaggery right after the trailer for the third season was released. Having said that, even having known what was going to happen, watching last night episode was ROUGH.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Speculation - It was time for Robb to step aside. I expect Jamie to find his heroic nature he tried to silence. His past deeds are largely his sister's and father's influence. I think Brienne has stirred a change in him that Cersei will be unable to reverse. I don't think he will be pleased with what he sees when he arrives at King's Landing.

Though I didn't recognize it, the fact that the band started playing the "Rains of Castamere" was damn eerie. I guess only diehard fans would have caught that. The "Rains of Castamere" was only featured once before, correct? In season two, in "Blackwater" when Bronn was singing it when he was drinking with the Lannister soldiers?

Though I am interested in seeing where Jaime's charcacter goes, I hope he doesn't become a "hero"; too much of a 180 degree change from how his character was originally portrayed.

Though I didn't recognize it, the fact that the band started playing the "Rains of Castamere" was damn eerie. I guess only diehard fans would have caught that. The "Rains of Castamere" was only featured once before, correct? In season two, in "Blackwater" when Bronn was singing it when he was drinking with the Lannister soldiers?

Hah yep, that is what basically told all of his book readers what was going to happen in Episode 9 the second they released the episode title list.

That was enough for me to recognize it as a song from King's Landing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Dammit I wanna read some of the spoilers!

Please label 'em either "Book Spoilers", "Future Episode Spoilers", "Last Night's Episode spoilers", or "Speculation"! :rotfl

One thing I'm glad the changed from the books is...

Spoiler Spoiler:

"And this is why you should use a DJ instead of a wedding band."

-- Something I saw over at Reddit

Edit:

nPNDe8S.jpg

Last edited:
So question, is this season half of the third book or the whole book? I think I'm going to need to start reading where this stops. I have the books. I just didn't bother reading them after the first book. I found the show was pretty much spot on with the book. Now I'm impatient.

Back