HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So question, is this season half of the third book or the whole book? I think I'm going to need to start reading where this stops. I have the books. I just didn't bother reading them after the first book. I found the show was pretty much spot on with the book. Now I'm impatient.

This season has been abbbbbout half of book three (though I think it's beyond the halfway point...my memory is alittle fuzzy book wise) with some things added in from book 4 and 5 due to the overall timeline of the story.

So question, is this season half of the third book or the whole book? I think I'm going to need to start reading where this stops. I have the books. I just didn't bother reading them after the first book. I found the show was pretty much spot on with the book. Now I'm impatient.

I believe this and next season are the 3rd book.

One thing I'm glad the changed from the books is...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not quite the same, his grandson is like 50 and a half-wit. I think the change makes more sense though since it drives the point how little he cares for his own family since he just has children to use like currency.

wtf just happened...it was such a cheerful wedding too..wtf just happened..

and what happened to that idiot Edmure?

Minor spoilers, but answers your question regarding the whereabouts of Edmure (and Blackfish) right after the wedding.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not quite the same, his grandson is like 50 and a half-wit. I think the change makes more sense though since it drives the point how little he cares for his own family since he just has children to use like currency.
Ah, I see. Didn't think it possible he'd have grandsons that old, but either way, the change works for the best. He really is a remorseless bastard!

Has anyone read of the theories behind the identity of Jon Snow's mother? Pretty interesting. There's many but one that most readers of the book believe to be true.

Do share please.

Spoiler Spoiler:

DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS.

Last edited:
Spoiler Spoiler:

DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU WANT SPOILERS.

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

I think it's refreshing to watch something where the "good guys" don't always win. Or have to take a beating to get to where they are going. It makes it more dramatic. And to be honest everyone was all in an uproar when they killed Ned. However, I haven't missed him since. :dunno

I can't wait to see where this goes and who (if anyone) makes the people responsible pay.

I think it's refreshing to watch something where the "good guys" don't always win. Or have to take a beating to get to where they are going. It makes it more dramatic. And to be honest everyone was all in an uproar when they killed Ned. However, I haven't missed him since. :dunno

I can't wait to see where this goes and who (if anyone) makes the people responsible pay.

The thing is .... there's so many characters in this novel. So many point of views. There is not just one good guy or gal. There are several you know? Arya, Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Jon, and Dany.

The thing is .... there's so many characters in this novel. So many point of views. There is not just one good guy or gal. There are several you know? Arya, Sansa, Bran, Tyrion, Jon, and Dany.

Ned was pretty much out of the grey. He was beyond good. Basically too good for the world of Westeros.

I don't think of Sansa as being good. Her actions led to a great deal of the tragedies visited upon her family.

Even the "good guys" aren't really good in this show, most people's characters are more gray than black or white.

Yep I agree with that. I was mainly commenting on the perceived notion that Martin kills all the good guy types.

I personally like The Hound. :lol:rock

He just doesn't give a ****

Ned was pretty much out of the grey. He was beyond good. Basically too good for the world of Westeros.

I don't think of Sansa as being good. Her actions led to a great deal of the tragedies visited upon her family.

Was he good though? Of what we know of him currently, he cheated on his wife, fathered a bastard and helped start a rebellion. He doesn't sound beyond good to me.

Yep I agree with that. I was mainly commenting on the perceived notion that Martin kills all the good guy types.

I personally like The Hound. :lol:rock

He just doesn't give a ****

:rock :rock

I also love the Hound as well.

Back