HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, he's evil but The Hound rules.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow, my typing was a mess, sorry for that, I think my keyboard is on it's last legs as it is constantly leaving out letters, just getting tired of re-editing with every post.

To answer your question, yes it was in the book, but I'm not sure if it was merely mentioned or shown. Been only a year or so since I read it, but I read all the books quickly and one after another, so I have some recollection issues. Whether or not it makes it into the series will be seen next week.

It was only mentioned, not shown

file.php

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

:hi5:

Also, how Robb's army was handled in the book:

Spoiler Spoiler:

I was really hoping there would have been a glimpse of that.

Wow, my typing was a mess, sorry for that, I think my keyboard is on it's last legs as it is constantly leaving out letters, just getting tired of re-editing with every post.

To answer your question, yes it was in the book, but I'm not sure if it was merely mentioned or shown. Been only a year or so since I read it, but I read all the books quickly and one after another, so I have some recollection issues. Whether or not it makes it into the series will be seen next week.

It wasn't a scene in the book only mentioned.
Spoiler Spoiler:

I agree, but then it may just be underwelming because we already know what was going to happen.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

It wasn't a scene in the book only mentioned.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Future episode and book spoiler

Spoiler Spoiler:

When is the next book due out and will it be the last book?

Show is catching up quick.

When is the next book due out and will it be the last book?

Show is catching up quick.

Still no word and there are 2 books planned to finish off the series. There is a lot of worry from fans and HBO about that but I believe from HBO's perspective they will continue whether the books are done or not.

Still no word and there are 2 books planned to finish off the series. There is a lot of worry from fans and HBO about that but I believe from HBO's perspective they will continue whether the books are done or not.

Damn! Dude needs to hurry up and get those books done!

Thanks for the info.

If there's one good side to this episode, there's one less story line that they have to follow now and a few less characters needing screen time...:yess:

Catching up? Not really - book 3 as two seasons won't be the last. Book 4 and 5 can easilly be split up as well, with as much as there is to cover, giving them at least 3 more seasons and potentially 5 more seasons before they need another book. But for those of us who have read the books, we'd still appreciate it if he'd get his *** moving.

I thought last night's episode was terrific, and powerful even for thsoe of us that knew what was coming. I'd forgotten that Bolton was present. I was afraid that they'd hold the Red Wedding til the last episode, but now I still have hopes that we might see Joffery's wedding as the season finale. They don't have to do it yet, and it could make for a sensible start to next season, but I'd still like to see it next week :)

I am a little suprised though...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Catching up? Not really - book 3 as two seasons won't be the last. Book 4 and 5 can easilly be split up as well, with as much as there is to cover, giving them at least 3 more seasons and potentially 5 more seasons before they need another book. But for those of us who have read the books, we'd still appreciate it if he'd get his *** moving.

I thought last night's episode was terrific, and powerful even for thsoe of us that knew what was coming. I'd forgotten that Bolton was present. I was afraid that they'd hold the Red Wedding til the last episode, but now I still have hopes that we might see Joffery's wedding as the season finale. They don't have to do it yet, and it could make for a sensible start to next season, but I'd still like to see it next week :)

I am a little suprised though...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Well, HBO said they want to keep it to 8 seasons or so if they can. Depending on how long it takes him to finish the next book they could very well catchup. There is no way Books 4 and 5 will be split up themselves. They will have to combine the beginnings of book 4 and 5 into one season and then maybe stretch it into another season but it won't be 3 seasons for book 4 and 5.

I had been spoiled of Robb's death several months back, but my god. I don't think I've ever been so shocked.

You know it's a good show when after a character dies you feel as if you've lost a family member. That was just..horrible. I don't think I've ever cried so much to a tv show/movie.

Still in shock. Wow.

When the Lannister song started playing, I felt an indescribable amount of dread. You just knew it was coming at that point.

RIP Robb. You will always be my favorite character. :(

This actually happened right? I wasn't simply having a nightmare? :(

Back