HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I genuinely cannot believe how much I missed in those segments alone.

Yup, I bet we’ll see a Zack Snyder/Justice League petition situation coming soon.
Release of a alt remastered/enhanced version for the blu ray release or something.

A rather dramatic difference

I think the brighten version looks awful, especially in the composite shots. The characters stand out against the background like in a video game. I also did a side by side with the show from HBO, and the original was not nearly as dark as the example that was shown in the video.

We shouldn't have to calibrate our TVs for one specific episode. None of the other episodes in the past 7 seasons needed calibration.

I didn’t even know Jon had his cape ripped off and Viseryn lost part of its jaw in the CQB

Streaming right now on firetv to a 27" 4k Monitor in cinema picture mode. At the 9:11 mark when Melisandre rides up to Jorah and I can clearly see the trees behind her. at 17:04 the horde comes out of the darkness. looks almost as good as my big screen a very movie-like picture. I guess I'm lucky.

I love it when that wave of zombies hits the troops. BAM!

I thought the darkness made the battle scary. Again, I don't have a perfectly calibrated TV and I'm on DirecTV thru the box but saw nearly everything clearly, except for some of the flying POVs thru the clouds. But I'm not sure that was supposed to be clear as a bell anyway.

I think the only thing I couldn't read was when the horses came back after the first Dothraki assault followed by someone on a horse that I think was Jorah... but then I thought to myself Jorah wouldn't retreat... and I couldn't get a good look at who it was.

Thanks for sharing that. I wish I could rewatch all of the battle in that format to see more details I may have missed.

Speaking of which, when the Dothraki first charged into battle, those up front were confronted by something large! Was that an un-dead giant I assume? The look on their faces was over in a quick glimpse!

I can't say why some are having a problem with the episode being too dark and others not having a problem with seeing what is occurring on screen which means there is some discrepancy somewhere.

The episode was fantastic in my opinion, I did not have any problems seeing what was happening. It is called "The Long Night" so darkness was used to convey a certain aesthetic/tone and it was also used to cover the shortcomings they faced while filming. I won't say its the greatest battle of all time but it was a fantastic episode and very well produced.

The Night King being taken care of in 1 episode was extremely lackluster and unfulfilling. I appreciate the end story focusing on the battle for the throne as it is indeed "Game Of Thrones" vs "A Song Of Ice And Fire", however with the White Walkers being built up as much as they have and given as much screen time it should have taken more to defeat them then 1 episode.

I love it when that wave of zombies hits the troops. BAM!

I thought the darkness made the battle scary. Again, I don't have a perfectly calibrated TV and I'm on DirecTV thru the box but saw nearly everything clearly, except for some of the flying POVs thru the clouds. But I'm not sure that was supposed to be clear as a bell anyway.

I think the only thing I couldn't read was when the horses came back after the first Dothraki assault followed by someone on a horse that I think was Jorah... but then I thought to myself Jorah wouldn't retreat... and I couldn't get a good look at who it was.

I didn't have too many problems seeing the action. Missed a couple of details but things were also happening fast. That was totally Jorah. He retreated because there was no one left. The only hill he's ready to die on is Khaleesi. :lol

(Too soon?)

The Night King being taken care of in 1 episode was extremely lackluster and unfulfilling. I appreciate the end story focusing on the battle for the throne as it is indeed "Game Of Thrones" vs "A Song Of Ice And Fire", however with the White Walkers being built up as much as they have and given as much screen time it should have taken more to defeat them then 1 episode.

Seemed to me the way things were playing out if they didn't kill him in this episode everyone was dead. Winterfell was completely overwhelmed. The undead army was massive and immediately replenished when the Night King simply resurrected anyone killed during the battle and the undead Dragon was still 'alive' too.

The last 3 episodes will hopefully vindicate why this battle didn't stretch into another episode.

Seemed to me the way things were playing out if they didn't kill him in this episode everyone was dead. Winterfell was completely overwhelmed. The undead army was massive and immediately replenished when the Night King simply resurrected anyone killed during the battle and the undead Dragon was still 'alive' too.

The last 3 episodes will hopefully vindicate why this battle didn't stretch into another episode.
Yeah, there really was no other way to go with the story. Unless only Dany and Jon were to survive by retreating on their Dragons.

It was do or die, literally.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yeah, there really was no other way to go with the story. Unless only Dany and Jon were to survive by retreating on their Dragons.

It was do or die, literally.

Jon even ignored his closest friend in peril because everyone was in immediate peril, he knew there was no point even trying to save Sam in that moment.

Yeah, at that point they’re only hope was him reaching the Night King.

Uncertain as to why he just stood up in front of Viserion and screamed, though. I guess at that point he just given up? Didn’t even attempt to charge at Viserion.

Last edited:
Yeah, at that point they’re only hope was him reaching the Night King.

Uncertain as to why he just stood up in front of Viserion and screamed, though. I guess at that point he just haven up? Didn’t even attempt to charge at Viserion.
[emoji38]

Maybe he was trying to summon his inner Targaryen.

Back