HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway, holy **** Lysa is insane. I wonder if she's always been crazy or if her isolation and paranoid jealousy of Catelyn took it's toll and made her that way.

Fairly minor spoilers regarding Lysa's backstory that I'm not sure will be explained on the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't think that's what he wants. I think the knows the position of king is just a figurehead. I couldn't imagine a guy like him being counseled by the Small Council. I think he just likes messing things up. Kinda like a more subtle version of TDK Joker
Varys has walked into the throne room to find Petyr staring at the Iron throne like 3 times so far.

He pretty much admits to wanting the throne in this scene, too:

You say the role of king is just a figurehead, but I think that's only because no previous king has understood the "game" as well as Petyr. Which would make him unstoppable as king IMO.

Petyr is like the master of the game. He knows exactly how things work. He would know who to trust and who not to trust, the right and wrong things to say, etc. Add his knowledge and wit to the power that comes from being king and I think his reach would be limitless.

Fairly minor spoilers regarding Lysa's backstory that I'm not sure will be explained on the show.

Spoiler Spoiler:
Ah, thanks for that. Hopefully they start to show more of why she's the way she is according to your description.

Speaking of Varys, his role this season (compared to the books) is practically non existant, if not extremely diminished. His rivalry with Petyr Baelish was such a large part of the on-going story that I really can't understand why they have kept him out of so much of this season.

Speaking of Varys, his role this season (compared to the books) is practically non existant, if not extremely diminished. His rivalry with Petyr Baelish was such a large part of the on-going story that I really can't understand why they have kept him out of so much of this season.

Varys hasn't been central to the plot this season thus far. He was in episode 2, and episode 3 (as an extra, in the crowd at the wedding feast) and according to the preview he will return for this week's episode.

I found last night's episode to be anything but filler, especially the fight at Krastor's and Hodor snapping Locke's neck. Great scene. And I am glad that someone pointed out Lysa's backstory too. And for anyone missing Varys, just wait.

Lysa poisoned her husband, Jon Arryn, at Baelish's request? Is this different from the books? I have read the books and don't remember Lysa confessing to killing Jon. IT has also been several years, so maybe I just forgot. Can someone confirm? TIA.

Lysa poisoned her husband, Jon Arryn, at Baelish's request? Is this different from the books? I have read the books and don't remember Lysa confessing to killing Jon. IT has also been several years, so maybe I just forgot. Can someone confirm? TIA.

Sansa: Chapter 80. Book 3. Storm of swords. I think. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Side Note: anyone else find it odd that Jon and his men waited until dark for their sneak attack and then ran into the village screaming their heads off? I literally laughed out loud.

I'm curious as to what letter that Lysa wrote to her sister? she was starting to say it when Baelish quickly kissed her to shut her up I assume......

The letter telling Catelyn that the Lannisters were behind Jon Arryn's death, from season 1. Maester Luwin handed it to Catelyn and she read it in front of both him and Ned, before tossing it in the fire place.

Sansa: Chapter 80. Book 3. Storm of swords. I think. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Side Note: anyone else find it odd that Jon and his men waited until dark for their sneak attack and then ran into the village screaming their heads off? I literally laughed out loud.

Thanks! I have re-read Books 1 and 2, guess it is time to re-read Book 3. :lol

Side note: I didn't pick up on it, but now that you point it out, it is pretty funny. :lol

Sorry but at this point I would have to laugh and point scornfully at anyone who calls en episode like this newest one "filler" because you may have just exposed yourself as a "dude who, like, totally digs nuthin' but chick's **** and lots o' sploshuns n stuff".

It furthered just about every strand of story and had action a plenty. :cuckoo:

How did Locke know to look for Bran in that shack?
That was some stretch.
All he had to go on was Theons guess that they may have headed north.
...and another stupid Stark "almost" meeting.
What happened to Summer?

How did Locke know to look for Bran in that shack?
That was some stretch.
All he had to go on was Theons guess that they may have headed north.
...and another stupid Stark "almost" meeting.
What happened to Summer?

I think he was snooping around before hand. Doing recon for Jon before their surprise attack. :lol

Yeah, there isn't much pointless filler in Game of Thrones, and certainly not in the last couple of episodes. One could argue the Podrick in the brothel stuff last season was filler, and I'd be more inclined to agree. But, this season there has been little to no filler. I assure you.

Can you give us examples of this filler?

Like when Jon went to fight the mutineers... not the fact that we went to fight them, but the fact that Bran was there, literally served no purpose, and it was a very convenient coincidence, very filler-ish.

Of course, this show has a standard of it's own, so when I say these last 2 episodes have been slightly subpar, that is subpart to it's own standards, it's still my favorite show, so don't start getting offended fellows.

Back