HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this season is going to get things going, but it's moving so slow snail pace, this really need to stop dragging...

The pace is fine.
Great character moments, deaths, intrigue.
Maybe you should get checked for ADD or just DVR each episode and then watch it at 4x normal speed.

I thought this season is going to get things going, but it's moving so slow snail pace, this really need to stop dragging...
We get a measly ten episodes per season and people like you complain about the show being "slow".

Within the first four episodes of this season we've seen Joffrey's death, Daenerys conquering Meereen, the possible white walker king...how could anyone in their right mind think this is "dragging"? It's like all the rich character interactions and dialogue just completely go over some people's heads.

I don't think the show has ever been as exciting as it is now, so at this point if you still think it's "slow", or "dragging", it would be wise to just stop watching.

Some people are just the type that stand in front of a microwave and scream "Hurry!" because their popcorn is taking to long.

I could watch this show just for its sets and locations. Its so beautiful.

Y'know what though, much as I like a redemption story, I'm finding it hard to reconcile the Jamie Lannister who shoved the youngest Stark lad off a tower to what might well have been his death with the Jamie Lannister who cares about what happens to Sansa. I'm just not sure a person can change that much. It's not like he was a child in season one and an adult now. He was an adult who knew full well what he was doing in season 1.

Y'know what though, much as I like a redemption story, I'm finding it hard to reconcile the Jamie Lannister who shoved the youngest Stark lad off a tower to what might well have been his death with the Jamie Lannister who cares about what happens to Sansa. I'm just not sure a person can change that much. It's not like he was a child in season one and an adult now. He was an adult who knew full well what he was doing in season 1.

He was imprisoned for over a year while losing alot. I think losing his hand was what really did it for him. Being the best swordsman in westeros was his pride and glory now hes below average.

Sent from my SPH-M840 using Tapatalk

It is tough to buy some times, he was an extreme narcissist.
Everybody and everything was a means to an end for himself.

The loss of the hand was key but I'm sure their are some internal battles going on that are difficult to show.
His being in close proximity to Brienne, a knight that takes her oathes and duties seriously had some effect on him I'm sure.
Looking at that book about the deeds of knights past and then thinking about his own legacy is another.
He's got a helleva character arc going and the actor has been doing a great job with it.

It is tough to buy some times, he was an extreme narcissist.
Everybody and everything was a means to an end for himself.

The loss of the hand was key but I'm sure their are some internal battles going on that are difficult to show.
His being in close proximity to Brienne, a knight that takes her oathes and duties seriously had some effect on him I'm sure.
Looking at that book about the deeds of knights past and then thinking about his own legacy is another
He's got a helleva character arc going and the actor has been doing a great job with it.

The nail on the head :exactly:

The loss of his hand did have an effect as well, it showed him how easily he could be rendered useless, a big blow for a narcissist. It helped give way to a more modest person. Also the realization that Cersei didnt love him, and just saw him as a means to an end, a tool to accompish her plans was another major blow to him.

I think he also looks up (no pun intended) to Tyrion in a way. He knows that Tyrion is a better person than he could be, despite his obstacles in life.

Not to mention that he finally came to terms with being labeled as the kingslayer. Sort of. Now him and his brother can be called the kingslayer brothers. :D

Jaime is practising situational ethics.

In theory he is sworn for life to obey the king unwaveringly, but he was willing to break that vow for the greater good of King's Landing and his loyalty to his family.

When his and Cersei's lives are at stake, and possibly even their three children's, with the prospect of Bran revealing their treasonous incest, he will kill an innocent child. With Sansa and Arya being no risk to him, his sympathy and sense of honour are allowed to dominate, and he will go out of his way to protect them.

When Brienne is about to be gang raped by Bolton's men, he sees it as a sickening injustice. When Cersei rejects him, however, he is willing to force himself on her because the circumstances are different, even if he is still raping her from a viewer's standpoint.

I think that is what makes him an interesting and very real character. I liked the rape (or at least very forceful scene with Cersei) because it was a reality check for people romanticsing his character as something he is not.

Back