Media Hatred

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HODLr

Based
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the preview of this game? Some people are going nuts over it. Yes, it's ultaviolent and meaningless killing, but for those outraged, it seems off base to me. They say it's about senseless mass killing, but that's pretty much what the most popular games are about. Maybe context is a bit different, but I don't see how this isn't like Jason, Freddy, Leatherface or any other killer of innocents, which is what this game is about. Do the same people outraged, watch slasher films, which have lots of fun with new, and creative ways to murder people? Seems completely hypocritical to me.

Here's the trailer...

This looks awful. The problem you don't get is that most other games at least give you a reasonable objective. GTA doesn't focus every mission on driving onto the sidewalks and running down as many innocents as possible.

This is the exact kind of **** that gives stupid politicians the ability to say that the industry has a negative impact on kids. This is the kind of game that will cause untold damage to the industry. The kind of thing that will be blamed the next time a kid shoots up a school. And unlike Doom where it's clearly fantasy on Mars killing fictional demons, we can't defend this one.

I'm 90% certain this will get banned before it sees release.

I've been playing violent games since I was old enough to remember things, but this is just dumb. there is no real fun here. Going by the trailer it seems part of the reward of playing this is looking at people beg a suffer, how many humans can enjoy that? Its not a movie its a game you are doing what you see on the screen...

Anyone that can't tell the difference between this and a normal action game has issues.

Exactly.

This is pure masturbation for psychos. I've been a gamer 25 years over multiple platforms, was playing Doom by the time I was 10 but this is just bad news in every imaginable way. Easily the worst thing I've seen come out of the industry. The Devs should be ashamed.

Exactly.

This is pure masturbation for psychos. I've been a gamer 25 years over multiple platforms, was playing Doom by the time I was 10 but this is just bad news in every imaginable way. Easily the worst thing I've seen come out of the industry. The Devs should be ashamed.

:exactly: :slap

This game manipulates that imagery of mass murder tragedy and tries to claim it's only entertainment and shouldn't be viewed in a negative light, during a time when many are pretty sickened by it.

Last edited:
Exactly.

Totally disagree. Sure for some it is, but for most, it is senseless gaming. The context is the only difference and if you watch slasher films then the same "This is pure masturbation for psychos" could apply to you. What's the difference in watching murder for enjoyment vs playing a game with the same intention? This is just a newer version of Postal. This shouldn't be banned as it isn't doing anything illegal, just tasteless. Gamers can make their own decision on if this is a success or not. If this were a game where you played Michael Myers, Freddy, Jason, etc., killing people, I bet a lot of people would try it instead of preaching.

As for using this to blame the next time a mass shooting happens, they're going to do it anyway.

Last edited:
Totally disagree. Sure for some it is, but for most, it is senseless gaming. The context is the only difference and if you watch slasher films then the same "This is pure masturbation for psychos" could apply to you. What's the difference in watching murder for enjoyment vs playing a game with the same intention? This is just a newer version of Postal. This shouldn't be banned as it isn't doing anything illegal, just tasteless. Gamers can make their own decision on if this is a success or not. If this were a game where you played Michael Myers, Freddy, Jason, etc., killing people, I bet a lot of people would try it instead of preaching.

As for using this to blame the next time a mass shooting happens, they're going to do it anyway.

Sadly enough, im pretty sure it will get banned in certain country's (and im looking at you germany and australia). back when Carmagedon came out (back in the 90's) it got banned in certain country's cause you could run over people and had missions where you purely had to run over a certain number of people to complete it. in other certain country's the humans were forced to be changed into zombies. luckily for me. my country was cool enough to just let it be and boy did i had fun :rock

just look at the driver laughing his ass off

886810-carmageddon.jpg

right? :lol

now just imagine what the reaction would be if the creators of hatred announces that you can kill kids and babies.

Carmageddon | Is This Too Much, Even For Carmageddon?

:rotfl

Well have fun with your Neo-Nazi game. This looks atrocious.
From your link - APOLOGY: An earlier version of this post mistakenly referred to the Żołnierze wyklęci (Cursed soldiers) as a neo-Nazi group. We have since learned more about the Cursed soldiers and amended the post. We offer sincere apologies to anyone we may have offended by this comparison.

Also, if you don't like it, don't play it or give it another thought.

This looks awful.
Most other games at least give you a reasonable objective.

This is the exact kind of **** that gives stupid politicians the ability to say that the industry has a negative impact on kids.
This is the kind of game that will cause untold damage to the industry.

And unlike Doom where it's clearly fantasy on Mars killing fictional demons, we can't defend this one.

Exactly.

At first I was like, wow, that's pretty crazy. I'll check it out.
Then thought, well if the game is literally just pointlessly killing people and only pointlessly killing people, it's going to get old super quick.
Then when I read the Neo Nazi article that seems to have been misprinted I edited this post. But still, the words, **** this ******* game came to mind.

Last edited:
Exploitation games, worked in the 70s for cinema.......this looks bad lol

ESbwpWs.gif

I don't think the analogy with your Freddy Krueger's and Jason's of the world works at all, and reads to me as a gross misunderstanding of entertainment horror. One on hand you've got over the top, obviously fictitious horror characters doing things to other characters who are often stylized stereotypes in surrealistic or hyperrealistic settings, that are made in good fun for harmless scares, like roller coaster rides. And on the other you've got things that mimic tragic realities. And even in the latter case, some movies are justifiable (Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer and Elephant come to mind) because they force the audience to confront and understand uncomfortable realities, and better appreciate why we should vigilantly prevent those realities from coming to be. But normal people don't watch a movie like Elephant for a good time. This game seems aimed at sick wish fulfillment, and doesn't appear to have any artistic or educational value. Not much different than a game where you played SS troopers rounding up and killing Jews or whatever. Very bad taste and disturbing to think some would get pleasure out of such a thing. But there will always be folks out there who are into the tasteless and vile.

We can't deny there is something absolutely rotten about some games and game genres. FPS really ARE murder simulators.Why some people find these soooooo addictive and fun is disturbing if we sit down, take off our gamer glasses and put some thought into it.

We can't deny there is something absolutely rotten about some games and game genres. FPS really ARE murder simulators.Why some people find these soooooo addictive and fun is disturbing if we sit down, take off our gamer glasses and put some thought into it.

People shouldnt look at it like that. This game is sick and wrong but games like Halo and Cod are meant for fast pace action and entertainment. If a person cant figure out whats a video game and whats life they shouldn't play video games. its entertainment and its not real. This on the other hand is sending a wrong message and killing innocent people without any objective. Mindless killing is not fun in the slightest most fps games you have a goal to achieve.

Regular action games are much more than just action.

As creatures and brains and cultures become more complicated, so do their needs. And the behaviors required to fulfill them. Life itself fits Chris Crawford's definition of a game, but in life knowing the correct next move is... isn't always easy, feedback is rarely immediate. I don't know if the choices I made where the best most perfect choices for me until way after I made them, is this person or city or career right for me? in life the rules are complicated, the goals are indeterminant and the methods for achieving them are often unknown or different for every single person, plus the rewards themselves are often slow to come or non existent... so in the face of all that, is no surprise we invented games within the larger game of life itself that ensure fast easy to achieve and understandable rewards.

Animals play too but the complexity of rules humans follow in their games, in many ways, reflect the complexity of the needs we find ourselves able to pursue, games and sports are a great way to fill the rewards we need without all of the unknowns of life.

So, imho, the games we like and play say a lot about us...

Last edited:
So, imho, the games we play and love say a lot about us...

I disagree with that point. People play games to have fun, escape, and just to do something, mostly, brainless. If someone plays Hatred it doesn't make them a sicko, psycho, or someone who gets off on murder. Some of us know the difference between real life and a game. Some others like to force their own, overly-generalized, personal perspectives, and morals, on others. Just because someone doesn't play this game, doesn't mean they are morally correct/superior, or a better person. It just means they chose not to play it.

I guess if we were all 100% alike, the same, then we could apply all of these generalizations, but we're all different.

As for someone not agreeing with my analogy above, my point is you are watching murder for entertainment/pleasure when you're watching horror, slasher films, etc. The majority of people killed in slasher films are innocent people, e.g. the baby sitter, etc.

If you've played GTA then you have killed a lot of innocent people in a game, although not to the extent in Hatred, but there's no such thing as a "little" murder. I'm not lobbying for this game. I just see so much selective outrage from people, not just here, who participate in enjoying "murder" in other forms of entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back