Haslab: Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's very very good, basically it's not a handpuppet, but a 1:1 scaled, articulated Cookie Monster with wobbly iris on the eyes.
Very sad its not happening.
And no, I don;t see any adds for it, if I didn't see it at SDCC, I wouldn't have known.

That was a very strange project from the get go. It feels like one person at Hasbro really wanted it made and everyone else let it fail.

Zero marketing, and no real attempt to communicate that it was intended as a replica and not just an oversized plush. They did market research but when the time came, people who said they'd back it didn't. It's easy to say you'll back something when it's just hypothetical, but actually plunking down the money is another issue entirely.

They should've made it a 1:2 scale replica at $200, run ads, reiterated that it's a replica and not a plush, puppet, or toy, and included something that would make it look like a museum piece like a (cookie shaped) display base, stand, and a numbered metal plaque.

Still may have failed, but it would've had a better shot.

That was a very strange project from the get go. It feels like one person at Hasbro really wanted it made and everyone else let it fail.

Zero marketing, and no real attempt to communicate that it was intended as a replica and not just an oversized plush. They did market research but when the time came, people who said they'd back it didn't. It's easy to say you'll back something when it's just hypothetical, but actually plunking down the money is another issue entirely.

They should've made it a 1:2 scale replica at $200, run ads, reiterated that it's a replica and not a plush, puppet, or toy, and included something that would make it look like a museum piece like a (cookie shaped) display base, stand, and a numbered metal plaque.

I agree. It's such a bummer!

Also, that is a nice suggestion..
Although I still prefer to have the true scaled replica of the monster, with wired articulation.
I hope one day a company take another shot of it. The actual thing is super awesome, it's like having the exact cookie monster that you see on TV, in your house. Just put him sitting in your living room next to a jar of cookies, and it's perfect! XD

Definitely agree on the advertising part for Cookie Monster. When that came around there was barely a blip of notice and hardly heard anything else about it. I have to figure there's definitely enough Sesame Street fans out there who'd blow some money on that if it was properly promoted.

Has any other HasLab hit stretch goal 3 a week before closing? I hope the success of this gets them to try a 1/12 Ecto. Especially considering that this has succeeded while two other Haslabs have limped along and face failure.

Has any other HasLab hit stretch goal 3 a week before closing? I hope the success of this gets them to try a 1/12 Ecto. Especially considering that this has succeeded while two other Haslabs have limped along and face failure.

The Razor Crest sold so fast that there were no stretch goals left very quickly. The Haslab Star Wars team looked completely inept and unprepared as usual. They had to scramble and even then the final goal was smashed well before the end and no further incentives were added.

I hope this inspires them to make a trap, either for retail or HasLab. The Matty trap was sold out by the time I had heard aboutit and going for silly money. I could see them doing the remote control trap but I want the traditional one with the pedal. The PKE from Afterlife would be nice too. I do have the Matty one but the 'taser mode" from the new film would be a neat addition.

I hope this inspires them to make a trap, either for retail or HasLab. The Matty trap was sold out by the time I had heard aboutit and going for silly money. I could see them doing the remote control trap but I want the traditional one with the pedal. The PKE from Afterlife would be nice too. I do have the Matty one but the 'taser mode" from the new film would be a neat addition.
Yeah a trap and PKE would be great. I’d also like them to do customisable addons to make the pack into an 84 model.

The PKE Taser would be great. I would think they could release that as a retail piece fairly easy. They might even sell more of those retail mini puffs.

When is Haslab going to learn how to ship internationally? I'm still irritated that their stupid restrictions made it impossible for me to order Galactus.

If you think the "rest of the world" is Europe.

There was no mention of who is covering Africa. They even made it so you couldnt use myUS to ship.

If you think the "rest of the world" is Europe.

There was no mention of who is covering Africa. They even made it so you couldnt use myUS to ship.
No need to be rude, only trying to help. Australia can get from Zavvi and they're not Europe, so assumed other countries included. Have a good day though.

No need to be rude, only trying to help. Australia can get from Zavvi and they're not Europe, so assumed other countries included. Have a good day though.
Rude? What are you talking about? I'm not criticising you, I'm criticising Hasbro for arrogantly excluding customers.

Yeah, I hope Haslbab does a trap - wonder how much that would cost.

I was tempted to get the prop from Hollywood Collectibles but all the reviews I've seen say it's poorly made. And it's expensive ($500) - the Haslab proton pack seems like a bargain compared to that trap.

It would be pretty cool if they set another stretch goal at 20k, I think this has a realistic shot at getting there.

It would be pretty cool if they set another stretch goal at 20k, I think this has a realistic shot at getting there.

Given the success of this, I wonder what the liklihood is they'll make other items like the trap, PKE meter etc. They were in Afterlife, so guess they'd have the licence, or could get it easily.

I bought an Alice LC-1 frame ready. Can't wait.

Yeah, I hope Haslbab does a trap - wonder how much that would cost.

It shouldn't be any more expensive than the Wand, I would think. At that price point it could be an instore item and not a HasLab one. Same with the PKE. Small and cheap enough to be on a store shelf.

Back