Blitzway - 1/6 Scale Ghostbusters - Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno, I sort of preferred the Soldier Story Venkman sculpt over the BW, especially the production BW Venkman (people would often post pics of the proto BW Venkman when it was discussed.) Venkman/Murray seems to have always been the toughest to nail the likeness on, whereas Ray seems the easiest. This is the SS Venkman sculpt, which still isn't a bullseye but I think comes closer to capturing Murray than the BW, which had a bit of a Jason Clarke vibe to me:

ynqxdHT.png
Blitzway is great in hand. The SS one screams Kevin Spacey.

Other than the receded hairline (and "fuller faced middle-aged white guy") I don't see Kevin Spacey in that SS sculpt, like not even a little. :lol I guess reinforcing the subjective aspect of likeness.

The SS sculpt pic on the right especially has a decent amount of Murray to me, albeit a slightly older "What About Bob" Murray..

The BW Venkman was the only BW sculpt that I thought was kind of disappointing. The outdated (in terms of level of sculpt detail/realism) Snyderman custom Venkman heads have a somewhat better Murray likeness than BW or SS, and the very best to me is the Hollywood collectables statue proto below.

This head in 1/6 done with HT-level apps (to overcome the slight caricature aspect, even if that kinda works for Venkman) would have been a Venkman dream come true. The likeness, the expression, the attitude, is all pure Venkman versus the middling likeness and dead expression on the BW.

peter-venkman_ghostbusters_gallery_5d7a6b18e63e9.jpg

Last edited:
I own the deluxe, limited edition, special, whatever set that included all four figures and bonus items only available with this set. I opened it to inspect the contents, but not open any items. They’re all in the shipper box.

Since this set was released, I’ve seen the varying prices for it.

Collectors who missed out for whatever reasons are supposedly seeking it, but they don’t want to pay the varying prices. From what I’ve observed, they want to pay the original MSRP or less.

It’s like those who missed out have some warped entitlement/perspective that those selling it should sell it for less ince they don’t want it.

I’ll keep my set short of selling it in person for cold hard cash to a collector who appreciates and knows the collectability, rarity, and value for such things as the individual Ghostbusters figures, etc.

IMHO, Blitzway produced the superior offering. Soldier Story never had a chance.

Shameless plug to any local Vancouver, BC Canada area Freaks--I will be attending a local Toy Show April 3rd in Pitt Meadows, BC

I will be offering the Blitzway Ghostbuster Special 4 pack for local sale + lots of other 1:6th goodness...

Hot toys would never do a complete line even if they did have the license. You would get a teaser for all 4 and then they might make one or two and that's it. They have not even made all 3 Spiders from the No Way Home movie.

I guess the intense expressions work if you're going to have them all firing their proton guns at something, but that's never interested me and I've always preferred them in more casual poses for some reason.

I don't have high hopes for the Present Toys Ghostbusters based on their track record, but maybe there will be a sculpt or two that could be usable as a new option.

Well it only took about 5 years, but I finally got around to repainting and lightening the skin tone on Ray and Egon to match my Venkman. Also put them all on new bodies to make the proportions more accurate.

View attachment 627474

View attachment 627475

View attachment 627476

View attachment 627477

View attachment 627478

View attachment 627487

View attachment 627480

View attachment 627484
Well it only took about 5 years, but I finally got around to repainting and lightening the skin tone on Ray and Egon to match my Venkman. Also put them all on new bodies to make the proportions more accurate.

View attachment 627474

View attachment 627475

View attachment 627476

View attachment 627477

View attachment 627478

View attachment 627487

View attachment 627480

View attachment 627484
Looks fantastic. Well done

Back