Haslab: Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s your guys take on the speaker? It’s kinda quiet, right?

I’m no expert but I’ve seen others packs at conventions that have a serious hum when they are powered on, just like the movie. That effect is awesome gets people looking around saying yeahhh that’s pretty sick. It’s kinda lacking here. Is there a volume control? How hard will it be to upgrade to a larger speaker?

I'm super late to this party. What is the situation with the wand? I kind got a "you missed out" vibe, but I'm seeing it as a pre-order item around the web. Just coming out in waves? Ultimately, not going to try for the pack without the want.
They came out a while back, then sold over time. What was left online sold out as people backed the project. They're making more now so they're available for pre-order, which is what you're seeing.

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/...sma-series-neutrona-wand-prop-replica/hse9562
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/117481

What’s your guys take on the speaker? It’s kinda quiet, right?

I’m no expert but I’ve seen others packs at conventions that have a serious hum when they are powered on, just like the movie. That effect is awesome gets people looking around saying yeahhh that’s pretty sick. It’s kinda lacking here. Is there a volume control? How hard will it be to upgrade to a larger speaker?

There is a volume control on the crank know. The video I posted above mentions it. It's hard to say how loud it will be since we've only seen the prototype and things may change. The wand is pretty loud but remember, unlike the fan packs this one will run off of regular batteries so having it running sound and lights constantly may eat those up quickly. I'm sure there will be a mod to replace it with a rechargeable battery pack soon after release.

1637979449487.png

Hell yeah. We got the Burnt Mini Pufts.

View attachment 548011
Hell yeah. We got the Burnt Mini Pufts.

For those that don‘t follow Haslabs, they generally explode during the last few days. Some were concerned Galactus wasn’t going to even fund, and he ended up moving over 30k units.

But it is cool to see this going so strong prior to the end. Might end up with 40k to 45k units by the end if it follows other trends. Or maybe Hasbro running three projects at once will cannibalize sales at the end. Glad we’re locked in for production and just getting gravy at this point.

I recently sold my pack for 1.5k this is so dam good and even better its practical.

I love the fact they built it in mind of using neutrino wands, makes me wonder if they'll do the 1984 wand. Super cool that you can remove the cyclotron.

Waiting till Tuesday when get paid thinking I'm gonna back this. The mini.pufts!!!

For those that don‘t follow Haslabs, they generally explode during the last few days. Some were concerned Galactus wasn’t going to even fund, and he ended up moving over 30k units.

But it is cool to see this going so strong prior to the end. Might end up with 40k to 45k units by the end if it follows other trends. Or maybe Hasbro running three projects at once will cannibalize sales at the end. Glad we’re locked in for production and just getting gravy at this point.

Do you think the same trend will apply for the Rancor?

It seems that project has lost backers recently and may not reach the target (judging by the backlash after the lame stretch goals).

I did not back the Rancor but I did back the Proton Pack and GI Joe Skystriker (the latter is only halfway to the target).

I think in the Rancor case, people are comparing what they get with the price.
Rancor is only about $50 less than the proton pack, but what we get is not as sophisticated and complicated as the proton pack.
Plus, i agree, the stretch goals are lame for Rancor.

I think Rancor can have more backers if it's the same price as Skystriker.

Going to place a pre-order for the wand with the intention of getting in on this as well. Hopefully they hit the 15k to get the display stand

the stands are in the bag. No doubt they will be included. Don’t take the Haslab numbers so serious. They can make those numbers do whatever they want. They have complete and total control of what shows up on that site. As long as we get the stand in good. But after Galactus I’ve learned those numbers are most definitely manipulated to create excitement and urgency. It’s a clever marketing tactic to get collectors to pay upfront and the hard cutoff date and time is fun and good for the hobby.

I feel like the stand at 15k is kind of a let down, I won't lie. All you need is a $10 A frame guitar stand from amazon.
How so? when we hit 15K backers you still pay the same amount. You actually get more than you pay for.

Right, I get that and that's great for sure.

I meant like I'd rather have something else than a stand made from a few pieces of chunky molded plastic at 15k. Maybe an '89 conversion piece or something.

Do you think the same trend will apply for the Rancor?

It seems that project has lost backers recently and may not reach the target (judging by the backlash after the lame stretch goals).

I did not back the Rancor but I did back the Proton Pack and GI Joe Skystriker (the latter is only halfway to the target).

They’ve never had a revolt/large number roll back like what happened to the Rancor AFAIK. They have had enough bad press that it would be foolish for them not to try to course correct with changes to the stretch goals. But I don’t really want to speculate how that project will end.

Hasbro let a disastrous Cookie Monster replica HasLab fail previously. They conveniently don’t maintain a list of their failures on their main site. It is questionable if they want the optics of a failed Star Wars product. But the whole point of HasLab is to remove the risk to their company of what they think are high risk products to produce normally. Despite people breaking out the tinfoil hats, Hasbro won’t push into production an item that is going to lose them money. And if they had more backers, they wouldn’t be hiding them while support stagnates.

Fun fact, when Mattel had the Ghostbusters license, they tried to get crowd funding for a 1/12 scale Ecto in 2013. It failed pretty miserably. I think Hasbro could get it done simply because in 2021 consumers are more used to crowdfunded toys and they have a bigger base with the new movie and because their toys are in retail locations. But I totally understand if history scared off Hasbro from starting Ghostbusters HasLabs there.

I would have backed Cookie Monster. Despite my being a toy collector and my daughter watching Sesame Street at the time, I somehow never heard about it until after the campaign. I don’t know if I had my head in the sand at the time or if it points to a problem with crowd-funded toys—beyond their own website and stories on news sites, do they spend any money on marketing a haslab? I would guess not since they are trying to minimize risk. Has anyone noticed adds for Haslab projects on other mainstream sites?

I would have backed Cookie Monster. Despite my being a toy collector and my daughter watching Sesame Street at the time, I somehow never heard about it until after the campaign. I don’t know if I had my head in the sand at the time or if it points to a problem with crowd-funded toys—beyond their own website and stories on news sites, do they spend any money on marketing a haslab? I would guess not since they are trying to minimize risk. Has anyone noticed adds for Haslab projects on other mainstream sites?
It's very very good, basically it's not a handpuppet, but a 1:1 scaled, articulated Cookie Monster with wobbly iris on the eyes.
Very sad its not happening.
And no, I don;t see any adds for it, if I didn't see it at SDCC, I wouldn't have known.

Back