Haslab: Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
00E4AD75-D21F-4CA9-A10C-E3DB2C72E1A1.jpeg

This bracket thing on the side slope also looks new.
2210B511-A459-43CD-8B65-8CE043641F7D.jpeg
This black wire should also be blue.

You missed an very important old (new) switch. It's the activation switch.

1635649346410.png

1635649425009.png

1635649471205.png

1635703170939.png

The size looks good. Throw a Alice Pack on there and it should look fine. Also, Class 1 hose unlock is officially confirmed for 9K Backers.

A post shared on GbFans from a Hasbro employee says the hose will also come with a connector to replace the battery pack in the Wand so the Proton Pack will powet the Wand as well. I assume the switches on the Wand will also turn on the Pack so that's pretty cool.

Stealing this from GBfans so credit to the poster there but lots of good info on the Pack from a Hasbro employee:

"Summarizing Bill Rawley's replies on Sunday's post at the HasLab Proton Pack Modders Facebook page. (using the "m" instead of "www" for the mobile address version let's you see all comments without logging in)
https://m.facebook.com/groups/haslabpro ... 289363867/

1. Class One stretch goal's hose has its own connector that places the battery box in the Plasma Series Spengler's Neutrona Wand. The pack will power the wand.
-Quote "The hose that will included with the Class 1 unlock at 9k backers WILL have its own connector to replace the battery box in the existing Plasma Series Spengler wand. The power from the pack WILL now power your wand! "

2. The team is working on synching the lights and sounds but it is very difficult so far.
-Quote "we are trying to make that happen but it is very difficult. It's on our wish list though"

3. Rawley and his engineer are currently trying to figure out making easy mounting for people who wish to add an Alice frame and it might end up being a clamp system.
-Quote "my engineer and I are literally figuring that out this week. We are trying to avoid any heavy modifications for not-so-handy folks. It may end up being a clamp system"

4. The green goo ectoplasm attachment will be flexible and will have a pin and lock into hole system that allows it to be wrapped wherever on the pack people want. In the preview photo, only the ectoplasm attachment was photoshopped.
-Quote "the models are actually wearing the packs in the photos. The only photoshopping that was done was on the slime pieces. Their model shop printed the pieces out from the team's CAD sculpts in a hard material that does not flex. The real slime will be flexible and has a pin and lock into hole system to wrap around tubes on the pack to let the fans place the slime where they want"

5. For ethical reasons, the Alice frame was not included. Certain manufacturers were not up to Hasbro's standards and the decision was not to work with them. It had nothing to do with cost reductions or a decision that it wasn't needed. In it's place, the pack will have a strap system that can be later removed should an Alice frame be added.
-Quote "the team was not ethically able to provide an Alice frame with our proton pack. Believe me, we tried. It was not a cost reduction or anyone on the team deciding we didn't need it. We were just not able to include one for a number of reasons. The team has this strap system to make the pack wearable Out of box but then it IS removable. You can order an Alice frame or use one you already have to attach it to our final pack"
-Quote "let's just say, some manufacturer's of certain items may not be up to Hasbro standards and so we can not work with those factories"

6. No modding will have to done to make the Plasma Series Spengler's Neutrona Wand work with the Spengler's Proton Pack. It will be plug and play
-Quote "there is no cracking open or modding needed to have the hose work with the wand. Plug and play!"

7. The ribbon cable has been a big discussion point within the development team and they are working on trying to match colors as best as they can.
-Quote "the ribbon cable is a BIG conversation within the dev team. We are working on options to match the actual Afterlife prop as best as we can. There's a lot of color on that cable and color (paint) plus the washes (paint washes) all cost money. I can promise that I will be trying. To match colors as best as I can for our initial models and then following up as they are produced to make sure the production pieces match our initial models. It's basically going to be what I do for a lot of 2022"

8. The holes seen on the back of the pack are not final.
-Quote "those holes are not final. We are still working through the connection and hole placementz"

9. The team has pushed for the Spengler's Proton Pack for over a year and the 2023 ship date was chosen to account for all the current unknowns about shipping.
-Quote "the team has been pushing for this for over a year. The 2023 date is because of all the unknowns about shipping. The production team is scrambling to get everything prepped for production so that the fans do nat have to wait any longer than they have to"

10. The Proton Pack is 1:1 to the Afterlife pack prop. The team scanned the prop.
-Quote "this pack is exactly the size of the Afterlife prop. We scanned it and it is one to one. This is the "correct" size. It's the same size as the one in the trailer (not the pack on the Ecto-1). The models we had wear this pack are different heights and sizes. It's 1:1"

11. The light and sounds between 1984 and 2021 mode will be change but flicking a metal internal switch in the cyclotron. The red light pattern and sound effects will be different in each mode.
-Quote "With a simple flick of a metal internal switch (in the cyclotron) you can change the electronics from 84 to Afterlife. The red light pattern and sound effects are different in each mode"

12. Pieces on the pack will be removable for those that want to mod it to look like the original pack.
-Quote "those golden wire pieces are a separate piece and should be able to be removed"
-Quote "I think this group will be able to easily convert this pack to an 84 pack"

13. The team is looking into using three D batteries to power the pack.
-Quote "sorry, we are looking at 3 D batteries at the moment

14. The crank generator will be a volume control if a person wanted to do lights only and/or save power.
-Quote "I'm giving away more of the "details" I was speaking of, but I made the crank generator on the top into a volume control. So you can turn that all the way down for lights only and to save some juice. There's more though

15. The speaker is on top of the pack near the back of the person's head when they wear it.
-Quote "I put the speaker in the top of the packs so the wearer (you guys) gets the bulk of the sound playing Right behind your heads as you wear it!"

Well I have just backed this. Only about 300 away from the first goal of getting it to production. Might hit goal tomorrow or even later tonight.

Thanks for the info, Vincent. I was dubious about conversions between 84 and 2021 if they hadn’t planned for it. But given this new info, going to need to scrounge for at least one more pack.

That said… what kind of ethical disagreements happened with the alice frame manufacturers? That sounds like a lot more story there.

That said… what kind of ethical disagreements happened with the alice frame manufacturers? That sounds like a lot more story there.

Labor laws overseas are more lax than they are in the States. If the factory overseas has people working 10 hour days with no overtime pay, or no breaks, or something like that, Hasbro won't work with them.

Exciting times. I can't believe they hit the 7000 . I just saw the movie last wee and am so pumped!

Backed, should hit the 9k for the hose.

8500 or so with 25 days left and the movie isn't even out yet, so we're in good shape.

View attachment 543485

The size looks good. Throw a Alice Pack on there and it should look fine. Also, Class 1 hose unlock is officially confirmed for 9K Backers.

Is there only one kind of “Alice frame” I’ll need to get? As in even if you back this proton pack and the wand, you won’t be able to wear it without the A frame?

Back