Haslab: Ghostbusters Plasma Series Spengler’s Proton Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope the success of this gets them to try a 1/12 Ecto. Especially considering that this has succeeded while two other Haslabs have limped along and face failure.

I want that Ecto-1 for sure but I'd have mixed feelings about it being a Haslab. I hope for the impossible feat of a wider release. They could re-deco and sell that thing a few times if they made it.

It shouldn't be any more expensive than the Wand, I would think. At that price point it could be an instore item and not a HasLab one. Same with the PKE. Small and cheap enough to be on a store shelf.
so may maybe $150-ish.

I was tempted to get a cheap trap or PKE from Spirit Halloween (as temporary stopgap) but figured I'll hold off since we won't be getting the proton packs until 2023 anyway. Hopefully by then, we'll get authentic props announced.

I want that Ecto-1 for sure but I'd have mixed feelings about it being a Haslab. I hope for the impossible feat of a wider release. They could re-deco and sell that thing a few times if they made it.

Yeah, I would love that but my first question over how plausible HasLab/General Release is, how large would that box me? Especially when GB toys only have a 2' x 3' shelf space at my Target's:lol

so may maybe $150-ish.

I was tempted to get a cheap trap or PKE from Spirit Halloween (as temporary stopgap) but figured I'll hold off since we won't be getting the proton packs until 2023 anyway. Hopefully by then, we'll get authentic props announced.

Cheap PKEs are disappointing. I can attest having the fully loaded Matty one that having good electronics in them makes them a real blast.

The cheaper traps, on the other hand, have been doing a better job simulating about as much activity as the expensive trap. As an added bonus, it is far less stressful wearing a cheap trap on your belt and getting it knocked around than using a premium trap. What a premium trap gets you is the cord and pedal, and there’s no guarantee that Hasbro would go that route. Would half expect just an RV trap at this point.

C9C805E8-CE72-4860-80C7-766E0D752A9B.jpeg

The box for this has more love and care put into it than the entire HasLab Rancor campaign.

The year long wait is going to be hard but I'm excited to this on hand and very happy it was able to hit all of its goals!

Awesome! It’s a long wait but hopefully all worthwhile.

Amazed to see the passionate and positive responses from Ghostbusters fans and the community over this.

Ghostbusters means a lot to so many people out there so it’s been great to see a project like this that brings people together.

The box looks to be on par with the neutrona wand box. Which looks nice but is lacking something. It doesn’t use a box style that would open in-line with what is printed on it.

I look at the Hasbro wand box and keep thinking it should be a premium hinged box instead of the standard flap box. Comparison photos provided.

I might just be being a snob about this, but the MattyCollector ‘crates’ are nicer simply for the fact that the aesthetic and design match - you open the ’crate’ lid as you would expect based on the printed pattern. But in the grander scheme of things, I realize this is a minuscule complaint.

I am much more excited to get what’s in the box.

Attachments

• 148C7609-4895-48D5-878B-BA9158115DB5.jpeg
    148C7609-4895-48D5-878B-BA9158115DB5.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 89807C54-3E1C-4A42-9FB6-E945E440F5B0.jpeg
    89807C54-3E1C-4A42-9FB6-E945E440F5B0.jpeg
    9.8 KB · Views: 13
Placed my order! Hope an 84 trap with foot pedal and a PKE are in the cards. Like the suggestion earlier in the thread for an add on set to convert this pack to the 84 pack.

Over 17,500. I'm curious to see how high it goes, easily going to hit 20k.

There has definitely been an issue with multiple Haslabs cannibalizing each other. I backed this twice and not Skystriker. If they were at least a month apart, I would have grabbed one of those too.

Last edited:
Anyone getting two?
Sure am. This ends in 3 hours and it's almost at 19'500 backers so it looks like this will cruise over 20k with ease.

Edit: Hit 20k. Pity there wasn't a final stretch goal at 20k. I'm hoping the success of this leads them to do a PKE meter and a Ghost trap.

Last edited:
Sure am. This ends in 3 hours and it's almost at 19'500 backers so it looks like this will cruise over 20k with ease.

Edit: Hit 20k. Pity there wasn't a final stretch goal at 20k. I'm hoping the success of this leads them to do a PKE meter and a Ghost trap.

Over 21k 👻 hope to see the '84 trap and PKE also!

Back